weak rotor cuffs and bulged disc

whatsup

deadlifts gave me a bulged disc and then I went back to training too early and screwed something in my back doing rows. My shoulder are screwed up a bit from doing too heavy of upright rows, very weak rotors too keeping me from doing skull crushers. I am on celebrex and naproxen twice a day. right side of my back is twice as strong as left and my left side wont kick in on deadlifts or rows. caused by fighting a man who outweighed me by 30 pounds on pavement. I do a few stretches my lats took for ever to loosen. sciatic troubles. I'm thinking weight loss and deca but that is only a temporary fix. I need some physio for shoulders. I've got 2 pgysio sessions left but until then could use help from board members.

my right knee aches from any extension or press. 10 years go I legpressed 720 for 27 reps and damaged something cus of no knee wraps..was a piss off too...wanted 30 reps. right on the right side of the knee cap

Edited by whatsup

Pysio will help you out, he has is in charge of this thread.

But I will say this again, people need to stop at about 225-315 max on deadlifts. Personally I did just 1 plate per side with a 45 to strengthen the lower back.

Upright rows, I never liked them.....to much grinding in the joint.

• Like 1

I stopped deadlifts now, and my lower back is in much better condition due to this.  Also, with upright rows, I rarely do them - but if I do, i find a wider grip and lower weights/ higher reps don't bring me the same problems that they used to bring me. Having said that, i still avoid them for the most part.

As i get older, i realize that my days of moving heavy weights are, for the most part, in my past. Nowadays, instead of looking for PBs, I try to train with a sense of longevity in mind. I guess I use the same attitude for gear as well ?

• Like 1