Canada Post

biglove

Latest CP update. 

With our network currently facing unprecedented backlogs, customers can continue to expect delivery delays for the next several weeks.

Our current outlook is:

• for parcels: Deliveries will continue but be delayed during the peak holiday season and into January 2019. Existing backlogs are expected to worsen this week due to high volumes from Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
  • for Lettermail: The backlog should be cleared and deliveries current before December 25.
  • for International parcels: Delays are likely to stretch into March of 2019. International items will require screening by the Canada Border Services Agency. We are working in partnership with them to manage the significant existing backlog.
  • for direct marketing mail: We expect to be current before December 25, but some delays may occur and time-sensitive pieces will be delivered on a best-effort basis.

Once Canada Post receives mail or parcels from customers, it is processing and delivering on a first-in, first-out basis.

I 100% believe that Canada Post is dragging out delays to make people feel it. The strike was rotating it wasn't even a full out walk out. It rotated for what 4 weeks? Now suddenly the entire country is back logged for months... I've noticed a number of the retailers I deal with have removed Canada Post as a carrier and have not added them back despite the strike ending. I hope this continues and we see some serious cuts to Canada Post.