Davis1891

Self medicating trt

On 6/10/2019 at 6:15 PM, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

and a clinic I was going to go to tomorrow for a consult might just as well be a "time share" seminar as that's basically whats gonna happen if I even bother to still show up for the consult.

Just wondering...did you go to this consult?

• Like 1

Just now, BobTheOldLifter said:

Just wondering...did you go to this consult?

Nope.

I asked my pharmacist if he knew anything about them and he didn't but he made some calls and came back with info from other pharmacists that he knows/has worked with, here in town. Then after he told me what he had learned I called the place back and asked some pretty basic questions.

The result of all of this was that basically they are ascam where they will try and bilk you for as much extra over and above what they can bill OHIP, on top of what your extended benefits will allow for a Naturopath visit. The consult, and this is from someone who sat through one, will be like a time share seminar where they size you up and figure out how hard they can push and how much they can get and the try and wheel/deal you into committing to "yearly" packages.

When I called in to ask questions I couldn't even get a straight answer as to whether or not I could get TRT as a stand alone service, or if it was only as a part of a package with a bunch of crap I don't want/need, or a straight answer about what exactly they are billing me for when the stuff is normally covered by OHIP etc. I was leary to start with and then all of this just made me even more so. I have a great relationship with my Pharmacist and trust the info he gave me plus  if you look at the website for this place it is so vague it makes you wonder why and there is nothing but reviews for "esthetics" like botox etc online for them.

I was going to give it a shot but then it seemed pretty obvious that it would be a waste of time and more of an upsetting PITA than anything else so i cancelled.

My wife has a doc ppt coming up on the 28th and I was planning on attending anyway so I'm going to ask her male doc if he's taking new patients and if he'd have me based on my records/needs.

I was going to ask you, but you beat me to the punch lol, if you wanted to get that info to me about your doc so i can look into that as well.

52 minutes ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

Nope.

I asked my pharmacist if he knew anything about them and he didn't but he made some calls and came back with info from other pharmacists that he knows/has worked with, here in town. Then after he told me what he had learned I called the place back and asked some pretty basic questions.

The result of all of this was that basically they are ascam where they will try and bilk you for as much extra over and above what they can bill OHIP, on top of what your extended benefits will allow for a Naturopath visit. The consult, and this is from someone who sat through one, will be like a time share seminar where they size you up and figure out how hard they can push and how much they can get and the try and wheel/deal you into committing to "yearly" packages.

When I called in to ask questions I couldn't even get a straight answer as to whether or not I could get TRT as a stand alone service, or if it was only as a part of a package with a bunch of crap I don't want/need, or a straight answer about what exactly they are billing me for when the stuff is normally covered by OHIP etc. I was leary to start with and then all of this just made me even more so. I have a great relationship with my Pharmacist and trust the info he gave me plus  if you look at the website for this place it is so vague it makes you wonder why and there is nothing but reviews for "esthetics" like botox etc online for them.

I was going to give it a shot but then it seemed pretty obvious that it would be a waste of time and more of an upsetting PITA than anything else so i cancelled.

My wife has a doc ppt coming up on the 28th and I was planning on attending anyway so I'm going to ask her male doc if he's taking new patients and if he'd have me based on my records/needs.

I was going to ask you, but you beat me to the punch lol, if you wanted to get that info to me about your doc so i can look into that as well.

In case you didn't see - I messaged you.

• Like 1

Well, my doctor actually listened to me this time around. I’m up to 150/mg bi weekly instead of the 200/mg weekly I was originally prescribed to, and up from 100/mg every 3 weeks

I see it as a win though, I thought for sure she wasn’t going to continue my hrt, and that there’ll be a fight. Pretty shocking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davis1891 said:

Well, my doctor actually listened to me this time around. I’m up to 150/mg bi weekly instead of the 200/mg weekly I was originally prescribed to, and up from 100/mg every 3 weeks

I see it as a win though, I thought for sure she wasn’t going to continue my hrt, and that there’ll be a fight. Pretty shocking.

Good for you mate. That's great news! Please let us know how you're doing on that dose. At 300mg/week total/week now I wonder if you'll start needing an AI or any other supportive protocols.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

Good for you mate. That's great news! Please let us know how you're doing on that dose. At 300mg/week total/week now I wonder if you'll start needing an AI or any other supportive protocols.

Bit of a misunderstanding, it’s 150/mg every 2 weeks and it’s pretty close to my sweet spot which was 200/mg every 2 weeks.

Id be going back to that dosage on my own anyway for the next few months but I’m seriously considering a test cycle right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis1891 said:

Bit of a misunderstanding, it’s 150/mg every 2 weeks and it’s pretty close to my sweet spot which was 200/mg every 2 weeks.

Id be going back to that dosage on my own anyway for the next few months but I’m seriously considering a test cycle right away.

lol, I never understood why bi-weekly can mean both 2X/week and every 2 weeks...thanks for clarifying :{)=