Is Training At Home Worth Your Time

7 hours ago, Frank.Castle said:

Just a start see how I like the home gym thing.  Need more plates soon going to have to put the wife and kids on the sled for enough weight for the leg press.

just a cheap bench I got for now looking for something better shortly

EEC746E0-4CC7-4AE0-A4F0-B37FD4C91656.jpeg

2A543BFC-9B69-446A-95EC-12F8C50A9467.jpeg

Just saw this, awesome set up so far dude!

• Like 1

I have (well, had) a fully-stocked gym in my studio with literally everything i need. I never used it. I am the opposite of it would seem EVERY other person in the gyms out there... I have gone from being a misanthrope in my youth to actually liking people. I like the social aspect. I can train harder than anyone you know if i need to, and yet, i can make friends, or talk in between sets. I can help others, coach, i do it all. I can watch all that lovely eye-candy, hell, even chat it up if she's into that. Sue me... i'm single.

Now, i have a commercial quality bench press and an absolute monster squat rack, a homemade Olympic platform, a really nice inclining bench, boxes, and all kinds of other shit, just sitting there collecting dust. Two barbells, my Eleiko and a nice Ivanko OBX20, 400lbs of bumper plates and change, and another 265 in iron plate if i need it. Thats enough for all but my biggest pulls, and lets be honest, if i'm gonna max out a deadlift, i'll go to the gym and bloody show off. Mirrors, 400watt thumper stereo, a big 27" monitor and YouTube if i want to lift in company of the greats, there's food right there for the middle of those 4hr workouts, and its inside my house where the equipment is never cold. I can play the music as loud as i want, train as late as i want. And yet... i still go to the circus to lift. 

I ended up taking all my good bumpers to the commercial gym and storing them there, along with a few other things. Keep in mind i also coach in two very niche strength sports, and we can use all the exposure we can get, so hiding out in my basement to lift isn't helping anybody.

Working out at home is amazing once you've collected the equipment you need. It took me a couple months to set it up as I figured out what I really needed. Being able to go to the garage, blast a workout, and be back inside and showered before my kids/wife wake up is worth it. The amount of time saved is priceless. 

If Im really lucky Ill go wake my wife up for some cardio.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, Frank.Castle said:

Figured I’d throw this pic up Santa was good to my two youngest boys.  It’s great to see them “work out” beside dad. 

AC373A75-D2F6-435B-895E-3AFDC5B5152A.jpeg

Why not get them the real thing? If they are old enough to stand, they are old enough to strength train on real equipment. I am 100% serious here.

Eleiko kids.jpg