Shoulder messed up !

NovaFreak

Some sort of rotator cuff tear.... Shoulders are a bitch. The most potentially unstable joint in the body. Take it from me who's had multiple dislocations and separations in both shoulders. 

My advice, don't train into the pain. Avoid all movements that trigger pain. That's your body telling you somethings wrong.

Go see a physio to get an idea of what's wrong ( your doctor will probably give you a generalized opinion, then send you to a physio). They will tell you to go see a doctor if xrays or extra diagnostic imaging is needed or if there's more to your injury then they can handle. My 2 cents.

Maybe @Physlifter can chime in..... 

• Like 2

Ask for a referral to a sports medicine doctor. They should be able to line you up with ultrasounds and an MRI if needed. Cortisone and rest might still end up being the answer or they might suggest PRP or prolotherapy. Try not to just leave with a prescription for a NSAID.

• 1 month later...

Hey NovaFreak,

Thought I'd chime in it's been about a month since you posted, but hopefully I can help. Your symptoms describes a tear to one of your rotator cuff muscles, specifically the supraspinatus. There may also be a possible impingement since you have some pain flexing your shoulder.  

If your shoulder is still in pain I'd refrain from any raising activities that would aggravate the problem. Let your shoulder heal for at least 3 weeks then start with light isometric raises with a therex band. Progress to heavier resistance and if pain comes back, immediately stop what you're doing and lower the tension/weight. Corticol steroid injections may alleviate some of the pain, but it won't solve your problem. Also use Ice to alleviate the inflammation/pain. Other than that, rest, and good nutrition should speed up recovery. 

Hope that helps!

ImpulsEE 

Edited by ImpulsEE
  • Like 2

Just want to share this video from Alan Thrall. Since I started doing these stretches my shoulder pain is almost completely gone. 

But like others said, definitely sounds like rotator cuff problems. Watch your form ESPECIALLY for bench. Bad form on bench can really fuck the rotator cuff. And avoid behind-the-neck lat pulls. Or any behind-the-neck move that can be done normally from the front. 

• Like 2