Bag of injuries (shoulder and knees)

Hey kids,

It's been a while so that means I have hurt myself. 

I know my left shoulder is probably a shoulder impingement. As I have had them before and it feels the same. Ok on bench after warm up but once heavy my left tricep feels pain and the shoulder gives out.

I've also been dealing with knee tendinitis in both knees. For years it has been an issue. I have tried many things but none worked. Recently I looked into what may be the cause and I feel it may be due to flat feet and over pronation on my feet when I walk. 

Any tips for rehab movements or things to tell a physiotherapist when being diagnosed?

7 hours ago, strongmanmike said:

Hey kids,

It's been a while so that means I have hurt myself. 

I know my left shoulder is probably a shoulder impingement. As I have had them before and it feels the same. Ok on bench after warm up but once heavy my left tricep feels pain and the shoulder gives out.

I've also been dealing with knee tendinitis in both knees. For years it has been an issue. I have tried many things but none worked. Recently I looked into what may be the cause and I feel it may be due to flat feet and over pronation on my feet when I walk. 

Any tips for rehab movements or things to tell a physiotherapist when being diagnosed?

Where is the tricep pain located? Up at the posterior shoulder, mid belly, or at the elbow insertion? Pain will inhibit movement so if you push through it you'll likely tear something or drop A bar on you from collapse of the arm.  No heavy presses, do lots of shoulder work, more dumbbell press, try hammer machines. 

Flat feet definitely can affect both knees, and if it's been a progressive pain with no injury, strong glutes and no overlying weakness, then orthotics are probably the next logical step. 

There's still something that needs to be done on those quads to treat the inflammed tendons. Acupuncture, ultrasound, interferential, and McConnell taping are what will definitely help. Once relieved, having orthotics would probably be a significant factor in altering the load mechanism. 

Thx for the tag!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...