anterior pelvic tilt

newfieyz

Looking for some advise on fixing anterior pelvic til.

i have lower back pain caused by apt

from my knowledge it’s from weak and non activated glutes along with a weak core.

are there any routines and spacifc exercise you could suggest?

i have stoped doing heavy squats and deadlifts beucase of this. And trying to focus more on strengthening my glutes and core.

any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

You can strengthen your core from squats, deads and overhead press. All three need a strong core to push/pull heavy weight. When you're squatting you have to actively incorporate glutes when pushing the weight back up. The easy answer is to do more assisted ab and glute exercises.

IMO, fixing anterior pelvic tilt is more about always being conscious about your posture. When you're standing or walking, put yourself back in a straight posture - you'll immediately feel your core and glutes tighten. Sit on the floor more often instead of the couch. Sit cross legged and sit in the Asian squat position more often. 

The other thing is stretching the tight muscles that are causing APT - your lower back and hip flexors. I found this to be a good resource for stretches.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, instagrande said:

You can strengthen your core from squats, deads and overhead press. All three need a strong core to push/pull heavy weight. When you're squatting you have to actively incorporate glutes when pushing the weight back up. The easy answer is to do more assisted ab and glute exercises.

IMO, fixing anterior pelvic tilt is more about always being conscious about your posture. When you're standing or walking, put yourself back in a straight posture - you'll immediately feel your core and glutes tighten. Sit on the floor more often instead of the couch. Sit cross legged and sit in the Asian squat position more often. 

The other thing is stretching the tight muscles that are causing APT - your lower back and hip flexors. I found this to be a good resource for stretches.

Great pointers