your parry on my training

mp420

I wanted to share how many days I train at the week and the groups I train; I've been doing it for 5 years now, with good results; there is a small but constant growth;

but I do not know if sharing things with you could be optimized, for more results

Monday: chest - shoulders - biceps

Tuesday: back - triceps

Wednesday: legs

Thursday: chest - shoulders - biceps

friday .: rest

Saturday: back - triceps

Hi mp420

I don't know what experience you have, I'm not sure how hard you train, the weights or the volume you train with, what your diet (total calories, carbs, proteins, fats) is like, what type of AAS you use or how good your rest and recovery is but in my opinion I think you could use more rest days - especially after working your back and also especially after working your legs.

Right now you have chest, shoulders, biceps two times with triceps and legs all before one single rest day.  I would be so sore, tired, overtrained and unmotivated if I did that.

Also, I wouldn't personally do back after biceps (you use biceps and forearms a lot on back day) day and I wouldn't recommend doing triceps right after chest / shoulder day (you use triceps a lot on chest / shoulder days).  I don't even do chest and shoulders on the same day anymore but I know many do successfully.

Depending how you lift, it might be good to not be as concerned with what you do according to the day of the week (Mon., Tues., Wed., etc.) or whether you can hit the body parts twice per week or not and spread things out a bit more.  

You might get some better results if you juggle things around and fine tune them a little more and allow for more rest.  You said you've been doing this for five years so maybe it would be good to try to fine tune it and allow for more recovery and growth.  Remember, you actually grow mostly while resting and not during the workouts.

Also, I'm not sure of your goals but some type of cardio (the amount and type should be based on your goals) might be good to get in there somewhere.

Feel free to ignore my advice as I'm just offering my opinion in an effort to help.  If what you're doing works for you than please feel free to ignore my suggestions.

Thanks & good luck,

OD

Edited by OntarioDude
  • Like 1