Frustrated

I am currently on a prescribed dose of 200 mg of testosterone per week. I weigh 202 lbs and workout moderately 3 days/week. I looking to lean out to 180lbs, however, within 3 to 5 days of taking my 1st shot there is always an immediate gain of weight, which is all water. I am frustrated because the testosterone causes me to hold anywhere from three to five pounds of water throughout the duration of taking it. Even with a mild prescribed diuretic 25mg/day of hydrochlorothiazide, I still retain water. My calorie intake is approximately 1800 calories/day. Some have suggested that I microdose my testosterone but I think that would defeat the reason for being on it. I'm looking for any feedback and/or suggestions that might help this major bloat. Thanks in advance.

My 2 cents, try 100mg every 4 days, that's what i do with enanthate. The water will be with you the first couple weeks, then if you're careful with diet (lower sodium),  it shouldn't be too bad for water. 

Then there's the whole issue of spiking or raised estrogen levels because of the test. You have your e2 under control? If not, that's probably the main cause of the water bloat.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KetoMuscles said:

Microdosing is not self defeating. It’s beneficial. Your body doesn’t produce one dose it keeps a steady supply. The more shots you do the closer it mimics the body and the less sides. 

The catch is, there’s more injections. 

If the pinning doesn’t bother you,  split it up. Just do the math so the weekly amount is the same. 

At this point I have nothing to lose, so, what you say makes sense... I'll give it a try - thanks for your input

14 hours ago, Rosconow said:

My 2 cents, try 100mg every 4 days, that's what i do with enanthate. The water will be with you the first couple weeks, then if you're careful with diet (lower sodium),  it shouldn't be too bad for water. 

Then there's the whole issue of spiking or raised estrogen levels because of the test. You have your e2 under control? If not, that's probably the main cause of the water bloat.

I'll try splitting it up and yes E2 is under control. Thank you for your input.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, Tropical storm said:

I am currently on a prescribed dose of 200 mg of testosterone per week. I weigh 202 lbs and workout moderately 3 days/week. I looking to lean out to 180lbs, however, within 3 to 5 days of taking my 1st shot there is always an immediate gain of weight, which is all water. I am frustrated because the testosterone causes me to hold anywhere from three to five pounds of water throughout the duration of taking it. Even with a mild prescribed diuretic 25mg/day of hydrochlorothiazide, I still retain water. My calorie intake is approximately 1800 calories/day. Some have suggested that I microdose my testosterone but I think that would defeat the reason for being on it. I'm looking for any feedback and/or suggestions that might help this major bloat. Thanks in advance.

Look at your water intake/mineral intake/carb intake etc... perhaps (and only if) you’re able to get blood work watch your estrogen and add a small dose of an AI. 

I will say this however, if your overall goal is fat loss - don’t stress about a slight film of water retention. Water retention does not affect your ability to lose body fat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey just to weigh in...

My TRT is 125 mg every week - everyone is different.

I actually pin every 2nd day 35mg. I got used to it. I pin sub Q with slin pins. Easy, painless, but takes a long time to load so I warm my T vial under warm water.

My levels are totally steady, I feel great, and No AI. When I was pinning 125mg once per week I felt like shit for the first couple days. Water, E2 side effects - it sucked. Splitting my dose has made a WORLD of difference.

You MAY still need an AI at 200mg - as I said everyone is different but I would highly suggest splitting your dose up. Took me 8 months to dial in my TRT. Now it's awesome!! 

Hope it helps. Reach out to me if you have other questions, I'm pretty analytical and have prob. Read everything there is on TRT - anactdotal and medical.