Gym when sick .

NovaFreak

I’ve been battling this bad flu for almost a month sore throat coughing sore ears can’t hear out of one ear nose stuffed, it’s gone through the house  all the kids , so should I try to push through workouts or rest awhile ? Workouts have been inconsistent and shitty, feels like I’m pinning for nothing , love to hear some input .

Hey @NovaFreak I can't really give advice on being sick as it relates to pinning. But last year though I had a horrible flu, worked out anyway cause I didn't want to miss a workout. It was a heavy day and I could barely do 75% of my normal weight. The session nearly killed me, lol. I went home after at about 6AM, went to bed and wasn't able to even get out of bed again till about 8PM. I regretted even working out cause it took so much out of me and probably prolonged the flu. Rest always seems the best medicine. Hope you get well soon so you can get those gains! Cheers brother!

• Thanks 1

I got a head cold from my kid (the in house germ factory). Haven't been sick for at least a couple years.

Not on anything other than my prescribed trt atm. Decided to take a week off under the banner of a "deloading phase". 

You don't have any power or stamina when sick. It is your bodies way of saying in no uncertain terms...TAKE A BREAK! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, NovaFreak said:

I’ve been battling this bad flu for almost a month sore throat coughing sore ears can’t hear out of one ear nose stuffed, it’s gone through the house  all the kids , so should I try to push through workouts or rest awhile ? Workouts have been inconsistent and shitty, feels like I’m pinning for nothing , love to hear some input .

If I can get out of bed and get moving then I train. 

Don't stop AAS cold turkey if you're in the middle of the cycle. A hormone crash can cause problems with that. Regarding the training, stay out of the gym it will delay you getting better. Don't tax a central nervous system that is already taxed. That and you get others sick spreading germs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, millenium girl said:

We all do it but hitting the gym when ill is a bad idea. Your body needs to recover and when we are sick our immune system is low and ocidative stress caused by heavy lifting will make things worse.

Are you telling me my set of 'puke squats' isn't healthy?  

Now you're just talkin' crazy! 😉

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Svensson said:

@BobTheOldLifter I have to say I'd rather have a "puke squat" session than a "shit your shorts" squat session! LOL.  Always good to have a puke bucket handy, right? 

c7afef9567c027af75b87185bfd6a85f--funny-gym-humor-funny-memes.jpg

Haha yeah, diarrhea squats aren't much fun for your training partner!

If you gym doesn't have a puke bucket, it ain't hard core enough.😎