Jump to content
MaddBra

High resting HR. Saw the doctor...

Recommended Posts

So first off I’m currently on week 6 of my cycle of npp @ 150eod, test e @ 500 w, and test suspension @50ed. Great results. Gaining size good. Up about 10lbs. 6’2” 32y M 240lbs 

My girlfriend was having some health concerns and checked my heart rate. I had just walked from the living room to the kitchen and my HR was 110bpm. This alarmed her and she wanted me to get into the doctor.  So in I went. 

Walking from waiting room to his office my hr was 101 and bp 137/76. After sitting in there waiting for 20 mins it went down to 85 and 130/70.

Told the doctor everything from my job (stressful), to gear, to the amount of caffeine I intake (2 coffees, 2 rebulls, 1 pre (200mg), to my lack of cardio. 

 

Doctors orders:
Cut all caffeine and gear
Increase cardiovascular work
Getting blood work done and ECG

 

now I was really enjoying my bulk and the doctor didn’t say anything meaningful to show that he knew anything about AAS. He just said ‘steroids are bad, don’t do them’. How do I read into this intelligently?

The plan I’m currently floating around in my head is:

reduce to TRT dose, cut out caffeine FML, add in daily cardio, do the tests, reduce calories to maintenance and recomp for 4-8 weeks

FWIW I don’t use any drugs outside of a marijuana, don’t smoke, and don’t drink alcohol.

Is this the proper way to address this? 

Thank you in advance and sorry for the poor formatting (mobile). I’m not sure if I even clearly asked a question. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. Hopefully someone smarter and more experienced then me can set me on the correct path. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do 20+ minutes cardio everyday, doesn’t have to be hard. Could just do something like a brisk walk. Take omega 3s and fibre (sugar free Metamucil is good)

 

for some I was getting so dizzy all the time, I felt like I was dying. Hr was always near 100 and bp was high ish. I did a stress test and nothing was wrong.

Atfer I started doing regular cardio my dizzyness went away, my resting hr went down to the 60’s. my systolic bp went down ten points and my diastolic went down 15.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also when’s the last time you gave blood or got your hemocrit tested? Npp is known to raise rbc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Durk said:

Also when’s the last time you gave blood or got your hemocrit tested? Npp is known to raise rbc.

Never to both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give blood. Don’t tell them about the juice or they will ban you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think the doctor is on the right path. I'm not saying you have to cut out AAS forever but lets get the heart rate down and BP under control. Doing cardio will likely help with everything a lot. People are too afraid it will cause you to lose your gains or prevent you from adding muscle. It won't. Not at the levels of cardio you need to do. In fact it could increase your appetite and insulin sensitivity helping you put on leas muscle tissue. 

Make health the priority and honestly your levels don't sound that bad. Of course some bloodwork could say otherwise (another thing that should be checked). But go the recommended route, Test down to 125ish a week for now to prevent a crash, add in cardio slowly (walking is a great place to start), and monitor changes. How much sleep are you getting? Any supplements? Those things are factors as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nitrous said:

Honestly, I think the doctor is on the right path. I'm not saying you have to cut out AAS forever but lets get the heart rate down and BP under control. Doing cardio will likely help with everything a lot. People are too afraid it will cause you to lose your gains or prevent you from adding muscle. It won't. Not at the levels of cardio you need to do. In fact it could increase your appetite and insulin sensitivity helping you put on leas muscle tissue. 

Make health the priority and honestly your levels don't sound that bad. Of course some bloodwork could say otherwise (another thing that should be checked). But go the recommended route, Test down to 125ish a week for now to prevent a crash, add in cardio slowly (walking is a great place to start), and monitor changes. How much sleep are you getting? Any supplements? Those things are factors as well.

Thanks for the reply!

My job is extremely stressful. I moved positions recently (taking a 36k pay reduction) as I was not happy. I didn’t sleep, ever, due to the stress. This lead to more caffeine and more stress and it just repeated over and over again. Since the switch my sleep has improved significantly and I’m feeling better. 

I have lowered test to 150mg/wk. I will go back on in a few months, no rush now. I have started doing daily cardio, since it is spring and nice out everything is either trail walking or around the neighbourhood. I am aiming for 10000 steps a day, I fall short most days but I am getting in at a minimum 45mins. I have cut out almost all caffeine. I now have 2 decaf coffees a day, it sucks but such is life. During a recent trail walk my heart rate only hit a high of 100 when only a few weeks ago it would have been 135+. I have also committed to losing a few pounds of fat. 

 

For supplements I added in mk677 specifically for its sleep benefits. Once the bottle is out I won’t continue with it but I did notice an improvement. Zinc Magnesium Melatonin for sleep. Whey. Fish oils. Nothing else. 

Waiting on my bloodwork to come back

My current HR is 90. This is a marked improvement of 110. Defiantly the stress and caffeine and lack of sleep were the main factors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 7:58 AM, Durk said:

Do 20+ minutes cardio everyday, doesn’t have to be hard. Could just do something like a brisk walk. Take omega 3s and fibre (sugar free Metamucil is good)

 

for some I was getting so dizzy all the time, I felt like I was dying. Hr was always near 100 and bp was high ish. I did a stress test and nothing was wrong.

Atfer I started doing regular cardio my dizzyness went away, my resting hr went down to the 60’s. my systolic bp went down ten points and my diastolic went down 15.

 

I've been doing 30 minutes of LISS pre-workout about a few weeks into this tren blast and it's worked wonders for my BP and HR. I no longer get winded going up a flight of stairs. If you look at human evolution, we were built to be long distance runners, so cardio is vital to our health

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still give blood if I were you asap. Your stress, lack off sleep and npp probably jacked your rbc. It takes 4+ months to go down on its own. Donating will save you a lot of time in nocking down your hr and bp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...