Bloodwork / Hormone testing through a naturopath?

Does anyone have any experience with using a naturopath to get their bloodwork or hormone panels done?

Suppsedly naturopaths can order bloodwork just as easy as doctors. 

I've currently got a good relationship with my Doctor and haven't had troubles getting bloodwork done with him, however my benefits cover costs to a naturopath and I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to have a second source to go to as I'd like to be getting tested on/off cycle more frequently as I move into TRT/gear use coming up. 

Let me know your experience!

Yes they will order bloodwork for you. The catch is that you will have to pay for both the bloodwork and then the naturopath will charge you to review the results. If you can get your doctor to do it that is the cheapest way. Naturopath will do it but it will cost you money. I went down that route for a second and then I got my doctor to do it. You may have to call a few naturopaths as some will not want to do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rhynoplanet said:

Yes they will order bloodwork for you. The catch is that you will have to pay for both the bloodwork and then the naturopath will charge you to review the results. If you can get your doctor to do it that is the cheapest way. Naturopath will do it but it will cost you money. I went down that route for a second and then I got my doctor to do it. You may have to call a few naturopaths as some will not want to do it. 

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I've got $1000 towards a naturopath through benefits though so I figured it might be worth it to try. 

I was thinking of just going in there and saying "I don't want to go over this at all or have any consultation, I just want to pay for bloodwork and get the results". I figured they might be more inclined to deal with me if I just throw money at them. Doesn't bother me too much since it's not my money anyways 

Thank you for your input! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fullblown said:

Possibly.

But just thought you should know so you can at least check into it.

I appreciate it. I've got an appointment with a chiro coming up and they've got a naturopath dude there too. I'll pop in and ask and see what's up. But I've got an appointment with an endo coming up too so maybe they'll just wanna do it anyways. 

16 minutes ago, Fullblown said:

Oh if you have an appointment with an endo I would hope they'd do blood for you. That should be their baseline anyways amongst your symptoms as well.

Yeah they'll be doing bloods. I just was thinking it might be good to have an easier source for bloodwork since I've been waiting months for my endo appt. But only a couple weeks away now. So fingers crossed for pharma TRT. But either way I'm glad I'll have a baseline so I can continue my bloods on cycle 

1 hour ago, StraightSideways said:

Yeah they'll be doing bloods. I just was thinking it might be good to have an easier source for bloodwork since I've been waiting months for my endo appt. But only a couple weeks away now. So fingers crossed for pharma TRT. But either way I'm glad I'll have a baseline so I can continue my bloods on cycle 

Definitely.

Whats 2 more weeks bro!

11 hours ago, StraightSideways said:

But either way I'm glad I'll have a baseline so I can continue my bloods on cycle 

It's worth asking, are you going to have your bloods done while you're on cycle? Hope I misunderstood you here.

11 minutes ago, johnnycake said:

It's worth asking, are you going to have your bloods done while you're on cycle? Hope I misunderstood you here.

Yes, I plan to do bloods on cycle. 

Had it done a little while ago, came back low end of normal t levels, referred to an endo in a couple weeks to hopefully get TRT, then looking at blasting probably end of the year or start of next year. 

Edited by StraightSideways

1 minute ago, johnnycake said:

To be clear; you're doing your bloods at the endo that sets your baseline while on cycle?

Appt with the endo coming up because t levels came back shit from the bloodtest I did with my Dr. 

Hopefully getting TRT through endo to get me up to better levels. What I'm referring to as a base line. 

Then eventually looking to blast and once again get bloods to compare to TRT level baseline 

24 minutes ago, StraightSideways said:

Appt with the endo coming up because t levels came back shit from the bloodtest I did with my Dr. 

Hopefully getting TRT through endo to get me up to better levels. What I'm referring to as a base line. 

Then eventually looking to blast and once again get bloods to compare to TRT level baseline 

Gotcha. Kind of what I thought after I re-read your post, after I asked. But worth asking since the obvious of if you're on a blast you're not going to get TRT cause you'll pop high.

But worth asking, you'd be surprised how many I talk to don't think that one through.