Turmeric paste.

I used to pack gelcaps with powdered Turmeric, but have since moved onto a faster process that is used by my whole family. I take this morning and evening, and also feed this to my dogs if you're looking for a good home brew dog supp.

1/2 cup turmeric powder.
1-1/2 cup water
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper.
1/4 cup cold press coconut oil

• Mix the turmeric with water in a pot.
  • Stir the liquid on med/low heat for about 10 min until it forms a paste. Judge the thickness to your preference, I find thicker pastes hard to swallow.
  • Once the paste forms add your pepper and stir it in.
  • Once pepper is stirred in add your coconut oil, stir it in very well until the oil is no longer sitting on top of the paste.

Allow it to cool then transfer to a jar. Refrigerate and enjoy, should keep for 2 weeks. I eat a teapoon worth twice daily, and give the dogs about a quarter teaspoon with their meals. Taste takes some getting used to, and learning how to get it down if it's too dry can be a trick, but overall I find it worth it.

A few tips:

• Anything that touches the turmeric should be stainless or glass, unless you don't mind whatever you're using getting stained orange.
  • When you add the oil the mixture may splatter a bit. Hurts like a motherfucker and stains your stove if it's ceramic / plastic so have a pot lid handy.

• 2 months later...