Volunteer work

millenium girl

If you don't see much of me it's not because I don't like you anymore but because I do a lot of volunteer work now that my knee is a bit more functional.

I work as an assistant nurse at a General Hospital once a week and as a security guard twice a week at an University Hospital. Both jobs are very demanding but rewarding. Patrolling involves a lot of walking (12 to 15 kilometers) and the nursing is standing hours at a time, changing mattresses, serving meals, etc. When I get back home I crash ...

I still manage to work out -- basically cardio and 3 full body workouts or alternating upper and lower body workouts.

Voila. 

On 5/13/2019 at 2:29 AM, millenium girl said:

If you don't see much of me it's not because I don't like you anymore but because I do a lot of volunteer work now that my knee is a bit more functional.

I work as an assistant nurse at a General Hospital once a week and as a security guard twice a week at an University Hospital. Both jobs are very demanding but rewarding. Patrolling involves a lot of walking (12 to 15 kilometers) and the nursing is standing hours at a time, changing mattresses, serving meals, etc. When I get back home I crash ...

I still manage to work out -- basically cardio and 3 full body workouts or alternating upper and lower body workouts.

Voila. 

hats off to you for your service,wish there was more people like you

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 6:03 PM, NorthernLifters said:

hats off to you for your service,wish there was more people like you

Thank you. It is demanding but rewarding at the same time, both "jobs" being completely different. I had no idea how tough nursing was but the contact with patients is very rewarding and the staff is very happy to have me. And patrolling hospital grounds is great cardio (I haven't used my treadmill in a while). I have done a total of 16 kilometers today ... I fell asleep watching TV earlier lol.