acne help

mp420

2 hours ago, ElectricRocker said:

Accutane but it’s Known to be a bit hard on the liver.

Accutane is known to be hard on a lot of things and is recommended as a last resort if acne is completely out of control. 

When I was younger I had acne problems and my doctor wouldn't even prescribe it. Had two friends who were on it and it absolutely fucked their skin up and they hated being on it. It worked but their acne was really really severe to the point it was painful. 

OP you should probably try many other medications before you consider Accutane. 

Edited by StraightSideways

35 minutes ago, StraightSideways said:

faqhttps://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/faq

Check out this link. There's a lot you can do without the use of drugs. 

Also make sure your Estro levels are in check 

That's a great guide. Was gonna link the same thing. 

3 hours ago, mp420 said:

acne help

during a cycle, a lot of acne is coming out, what drugs can I use, to solve?

What are you pinning? Are you keep blood levels stable? Have you done bloodwork to see where your E2 is? Before hopping on Accutane and dealing with its sides, get bloodwork done to know where your levels are. 

Stay clean. Take a shower right after the gym. Take another shower before you go to bed. Don't wear the same gym clothes twice. Wash your towels. Drop any soap/facewash/bodywash with sulfates. Buy plant-based organic facewash/bodywash. 

56 minutes ago, StraightSideways said:

Accutane is known to be hard on a lot of things and is recommended as a last resort if acne is completely out of control. 

When I was younger I had acne problems and my doctor wouldn't even prescribe it. Had two friends who were on it and it absolutely fucked their skin up and they hated being on it. It worked but their acne was really really severe to the point it was painful. 

OP you should probably try many other medications before you consider Accutane. 

I definitely agree with this. I had a friend as well. Not the best choice especially when you can try the natural approach first. Especially this info below is the first step before the hard drugs. 

9 minutes ago, instagrande said:

That's a great guide. Was gonna link the same thing. 

What are you pinning? Are you keep blood levels stable? Have you done bloodwork to see where your E2 is? Before hopping on Accutane and dealing with its sides, get bloodwork done to know where your levels are. 

Stay clean. Take a shower right after the gym. Take another shower before you go to bed. Don't wear the same gym clothes twice. Wash your towels. Drop any soap/facewash/bodywash with sulfates. Buy plant-based organic facewash/bodywash. 

• 2 months later...

I know I'm a little late to the party on this one. Man so much great content to catch up on.

Acne is DHT related quite often, so you need to get that in check. Saw Palmetto is a good one for that and basically, if you look for supplements that are geared toward Prostate health they will have the good stuff like Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, Pumpkin Seed Oil, etc etc. Biotin is also good. At  a certain dose of Test E I started breaking out and it took only a small reduction in dose to stop it again, but I also felt better at the higher dose even though it wasn't that much different. So I started on a supplement that had all the stuff mentioned and 10 days later I upped the dose again and have been totally fine.

3 hours ago, toynut said:

So i had a bad breakout a few weeks ago, tried neutrogena body wash with salycic acid, woke up with a rash on top of the acne (chest and shoulders)

ended up using Dead sea salt baths and benzagel 5% for spot treatments

I get the same if I use any of the "antbacterial" type soaps. I use carbolic acid, charcoal, and clay/colloidial oatmeal soaps depending on how my skin is at that time. I also find that despite feeling like youw ant to take the scrub brush to those little pebbly annoyanaces on your shoulders they are better left alone and just thoroughly washed and lightly exfoliated. Oherwise they tend to get angry looking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toynut said:

So i had a bad breakout a few weeks ago, tried neutrogena body wash with salycic acid, woke up with a rash on top of the acne (chest and shoulders)

ended up using Dead sea salt baths and benzagel 5% for spot treatments

Oh, I forgot I was going to mention. man, I'm like a magpie sometimes lol...oh look shiny things hehehe

Anyway, I watched a Dave P video once and he was talking about Dial antibacterial soap and that being his "go to" for acne/oily skin. I looked all over for dial antibacterial bar soap and couldn't find it anywhere and thought "how odd". Turns out that the FDA told all of the makers they either had to adequately prove their soap really could kill bacteria or repackage and remove the name and all claims to that effect. We still have liquid AB soap here in Canada but not a single bar style that I can find short of prescription or really expensive "prescription like" bar soap. So who knows whether it really had any actual antibacterial properties or was just effective for him for some other reason.

Not sure about the soap but if you need help with acne what works well is:

1. keep skin clean...shower morning, after gym, and before bed
2. change bed linens and pillow case weekly
3. use clear 100% pure soap, no dove, no shower gel crap …natural tea tree oil soap from health food store is the best
4. use benzyl peroxide gel after your skin has been washed and dried...Benzagel 5% is the best
5. avoid any foods with white flour or white sugar ie glucose, HFC, etc they cause inflammation big time
6. take 3-5g timed release pantothenic acid (B5) twice daily
7. use a tanning bed once weekly...use medium setting you dont want to irritate the skin just have the UV rays kill the bacteria
8. keep your skin moist and supple...immediately after showering when you are still wet rub baby oil all over and massage it in well...the towel off...most will come off and you will be left with dry moist skin but without the oily or greasy feel of skin moisturizers...trust me this works wonders and will not cause breakouts....i was always afraid of moisturizers for that reason...no issues
9. keep your hands off your face while training...use a towel...your hands are chalk full of bacteria...not only will you get acne but you may catch a cold or flu virus
10. Use Clavulin (875/125mg Amox TR/Potassium Clavulanate) an oral antibiotic to clear skin up and maintain clear skin...it works dramatically in a few days at a dose of 875/125 twice daily...maintenance at once per day...ask your Dr he should have no issue prescribing it

• 3 weeks later...