Monthly contest for gift cards

NorthernLifters

Alright guys, we would like everyone's input on this. We will be doing a monthly giveaway, just a rough idea of what

1) $50 gift card per month,12 giveaways a year

2) This excludes any promos etc from sponsors, this is simply from the board to the members

What we want is everyone's input, what type of contest would everyone like? Examples below, but please do leave your input after this post

Top member contribution

Most posts

Most rep

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• JustMe pinned this topic

That seems like a great idea seems like it will get more people talking , great way to get more information flowing , also nice way for members to get to know each other.

I think volume is important however I think that content is equally as important. I don't think anyone here would take issue with you folks deciding on the over-all merit of posts ie if someone posts a question and then someone else posts a relevant answer, the quality of that answer should weigh in maybe even more than the count of 1 you get for posting it. Like someone asks "What's the best way to boost NO pre-workout" and someone responds "Have you tried Arginine?". Someone else responds 'Well you should try Agmatine,  at X dose and try taking it x minutes before work-out and stack it with x and y and if you aren't seeing the results you want boost the dose to here safely etc etc" you get the idea. I think that answer should be weighed more heavily in addition to the credit for the volume count.

Some people can attend the board more than others so in this way the ones with less time to attend the board won't necessarily get punished in their chances to win a prize. If the quality of their content makes up a lot for a lower quantity then I think reward for that is good but you guys will have to decide the ratio/merit etc.

Also, rewarding the quality of the posts will only benefit the quality of the board by perhaps instilling a sense of actually writing better content every time you post, and definitely not saying there is any issue in that area but any benefit will always be good/better for the community over-all. You definitely don't want people being overly verbose just for the sake of it, and some of us will yak your ear off given an opportunity ( looking in the mirror here lol) but again, that will be for the mgmt to decide where the sweet spot is in any given post etc.

Anyway, as a really new guy here I'm slowly working my way through the already posted content and trying to post in where I can contribute something of value but what I have seen so far is a lot of really good content. I think the contest will only make that better, and a little bit of friendly competition driving folks, now and again, is always a good thing IMHO.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great idea. I feel these type of contests really help the board activity and allow new and old members to be more engaged with each other. As for ides we can start with the ones you’ve stated plus maybe have staff picks of members who brought the most to the board per month. Lots of things we can do and I’m sure we’ll get some good ideas from the members. 

Considering the aspects of "volume" perhaps a prize for post or thread of the month. 

The post that gets the most likes? Adds the most value? And in those likes, they can't be for adding a pic of an ass in a "My fave booty" thread.

Or maybe a thread that adds the most value, creates the most dialog or drops the best knowledge. 

Other wise the barometer may too loose and easy to reach. 

• Like 2

I don’t know about most posts. There’s always going to be that one guy who’ll post a ton of stupid shit just to win. 

I’d say most reps, or if mods have the time to actually pour over the threads, whoever actually contributes the most to relevant topics (answering questions, giving advice, showing wife’s boobies)

• Like 1

The idea of quality over quantity is huge. Trying to get everyone to keep the whole thing at their best, not just blasting them out, I think it’ll be a great way to build community on the board isn’t of just clutter.

Definitely like the idea of the poll. Keep everyone interacting and contributing even if your name isn’t in the top 5 (or whatever number it is) after the fact. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

What about a contest for "best quarantine transformation" of members? Even for new members only to get them more engaged? There can be a prize for natty folks (if they're even on here haha) and/or enhanced folks as well. Can be 30 days or 3 months, bodyweight only, has to be consistently logging etc, whatever NL decides! We're all stuck at home so we might as well try and have a little fun with it. Even get the family involved. 

Edited by SoopaJoocy
Additional details