Cardarine (GW-501516) Why I think everyone should take it!

Readers Digest version(read below for studies and more information)

Cardarine raises good cholesterol, lowers bad cholesterol (even with bad diet), increased fatty acid metabolism and increased protection against type -2 diabetes. Protecting heart health! It also has performance enhancing effects as well as fat burning properties. This should be a part of most peoples drug protocol, imo. Dosed at 10-20mg per day for duration of cycle or as long as it takes to get blood lipids in range if using for that purpose. This would be beneficial for the non-steroid user as well!

What is Cardarine? (The studies)

This drug was first created by Glaxo Smith Kiline and Ligand Pharm in 1992 for the purpose of blood lipids (increasing HDL and lowering LDL), which studies showed it was very effective, I will reference a link to studies below.

After more research it was found to not only do this but when binding to the PPAR receptor it caused the recruitment of coactivator enzyme  PGC-1α which is responsible for the expression of proteins involved in energy expenditure (gives you more energy/endurance!)[1]

By 2007, GW501516 had completed two phase II clinical studies and other studies relating to obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease but GSK abandoned further development of the drug in 2007. The reason turned out that the drug showed a correlation to cancer developing rapidly in the organs. [2]

After review of the study you see the dosing was outrageously high and would be the equivalent to 270 mg per day for a 200 pound person. Which is an insane abuse dose of the drug.

My personal experience

After doing a little research and reading through the medical journals/studies, I found I was well within the bounds of safety to try the drug at 20mg per day. My main reasoning for wanting to try the drug was to lower bad blood lipid results due to poor diet and anabolic drug use.

I had blood work done Oct 1 here were the results

HDL Cholesterol
A

LDL Cholesterol
A
Chol/HDL (Risk Ratio)
A

This is not a happy place to be, especially as you get older! Now my diet was crap and I also was doing zero cardio while taking TRT of 200mg per week as well as 60mg Anavar ed for months on end. (i know i know, stop judging) My doctor said i better make some changes so like any responsible adult, I realized I would turn to drugs ?

Without changing diet, drug protocol or lifestyle I just added in some Cardarine (20mg per day in the am).

I had my blood work redone Jan 15th almost 3 months later after taking Cardarine. Bear in mind nothing else was changed, simple just added this drug at 20mg per day.

LDL Cholesterol

HDL Cholesterol

Chol/HDL (Risk Ratio)

This brought me right back into a healthy range. So definitely made me a believer, please post any experience you all have had with this drug, be it success or failure as well as what your protocol was.

1. https://www.ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(07)01592-5/fulltext

2.https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21729103-400-anti-doping-agency-warns-athletes-of-black-market-drug/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is the drug that was abandoned in testing because it caused cancer to develop in several organs (liver, stomach,, thyroid, tongue, skin, bladder, testes, womb and ovaries) by all test subjects.

I believe it is the only drug that after WADA banned it, they actually did a press release to warn people against using it because it is so dangerous. They haven't done this for any steroid, fat burner or stimulant before.

Just something to take into consideration whether the doses we're higher in the test subjects than you plan to run or not. Is the risk, no matter how great of cancer worth any potential benefit? The patent holding company is not pursuing human tests because the animal tests were so conclusively linked to cause cancer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blitz said:

This is the drug that was abandoned in testing because it caused cancer to develop in several organs (liver, stomach,, thyroid, tongue, skin, bladder, testes, womb and ovaries) by all test subjects.

I believe it is the only drug that after WADA banned it, they actually did a press release to warn people against using it because it is so dangerous. They haven't done this for any steroid, fat burner or stimulant before.

Just something to take into consideration whether the doses we're higher in the test subjects than you plan to run or not. Is the risk, no matter how great of cancer worth any potential benefit? The patent holding company is not pursuing human tests because the animal tests were so conclusively linked to cause cancer.

For sure a risk to consider however, from the studies that I read, it was only on insane doses, even the warning issued by wada, was based off evidence that was provided by GSK which is quoted as " potential risks of abuse of the drug". I've cited these articles for reference but in my opinion we cant go by the abuse of drugs when considering their beneficial nature. Undoubtedly a risk to consider but further studies are warranted before any clinical implications can be postulated. The stuff worked great for me while on cycle to keep my blood lipids in check. All things in moderation I suppose?

9 hours ago, CanadianMuscleDad said:

For sure a risk to consider however, from the studies that I read, it was only on insane doses, even the warning issued by wada, was based off evidence that was provided by GSK which is quoted as " potential risks of abuse of the drug". I've cited these articles for reference but in my opinion we cant go by the abuse of drugs when considering their beneficial nature. Undoubtedly a risk to consider but further studies are warranted before any clinical implications can be postulated. The stuff worked great for me while on cycle to keep my blood lipids in check. All things in moderation I suppose?

That's not actually true, the drug never made it to human testing so we don't know what an insane dose is. We just know that within a few weeks it caused cancer in all the test subjects. Animal testing is not a one to one mg to kg ratio for dosing. We have no idea how the drug reacts in humans, for all we know 1mg can cause cancer.

Also to Pharm companies and Wada "abuse" is not how we see it - "insane dosing". To a Pharm company any off label use is abuse, using any development drug is abuse. To Wada, any use for performance enhancement is abuse.

I'm not sure if you've looked into this enough. There aren't going to be "further studies". The drug was abandoned because there are no clinical applications for a drug that without any reasonable scientific doubt will cause cancer. The patent holding company said the drug is done, that means we'll never see another test. No one would test, let alone use a drug that lowers blood lipids with the side effect of causing cancer within weeks of a high dose, or maybe years with a moderate dose.

The average person is smart enough to know of all side effects, cancer is on the extreme end. Unless a cancer causing drug reversed the effects of a bullet to the head, there really isn't an application.

7 hours ago, Blitz said:

That's not actually true, the drug never made it to human testing so we don't know what an insane dose is. We just know that within a few weeks it caused cancer in all the test subjects. Animal testing is not a one to one mg to kg ratio for dosing. We have no idea how the drug reacts in humans, for all we know 1mg can cause cancer.

Also to Pharm companies and Wada "abuse" is not how we see it - "insane dosing". To a Pharm company any off label use is abuse, using any development drug is abuse. To Wada, any use for performance enhancement is abuse.

I'm not sure if you've looked into this enough. There aren't going to be "further studies". The drug was abandoned because there are no clinical applications for a drug that without any reasonable scientific doubt will cause cancer. The patent holding company said the drug is done, that means we'll never see another test. No one would test, let alone use a drug that lowers blood lipids with the side effect of causing cancer within weeks of a high dose, or maybe years with a moderate dose.

The average person is smart enough to know of all side effects, cancer is on the extreme end. Unless a cancer causing drug reversed the effects of a bullet to the head, there really isn't an application. 

The only study i found that shows cancer was by gsk in at least 4 times what a normal dose would be and for a long period of time.....in rats. You're not wrong, it is something to consider, but when weighing out the options I think its a little fear mongering to consider it a "bullet to the head". I dont mean to sound disagreeable as I do agree with you to an extent. I just think the study is question isnt really valid and the warning that was given by wada, well it too is fear mongering imo, considering similiar findings that no one has said boo about without compounds that arent even performance enhancing. Definitely a good addition to this post for all to weigh out options :)

I'd have to say that even with it being only a potential risk, cancer is not something I really want to gamble with. Plus, who knows what the effects would be if taking over-and-over again over time. You might not even need very high doses to incur the negative results.

I realize that with AAS and other performance enhancing substances there will always be risks. But with the proven potential  risk of cancer (and the absence of any idea of "how much is too much" for a human) I'd have to question whether the reward outweighs the risk.

Not looking to argue this, I'd just hate to see you looking back on this in a few years and wishing you made different choices.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 5:27 AM, Bolton73 said:

I'd have to say that even with it being only a potential risk, cancer is not something I really want to gamble with. Plus, who knows what the effects would be if taking over-and-over again over time. You might not even need very high doses to incur the negative results.

I realize that with AAS and other performance enhancing substances there will always be risks. But with the proven potential  risk of cancer (and the absence of any idea of "how much is too much" for a human) I'd have to question whether the reward outweighs the risk.

Not looking to argue this, I'd just hate to see you looking back on this in a few years and wishing you made different choices.

No arguing ? thats what these forums are for, civil debate so we can present all information. Ultimately, we have to make our choices and like you said there will always be risks, cancer is a worst case scenario, no doubt about that.   I hate using this as an example but, lots of correlations to be made with cancer and PED's. GH, igf-1 even testosterone. We know tanning almost certainly causes skin cancer, yet most arent apply sunscreen, which also has been shown to cause cancer. Im not trying to reductio ad absurdum here, I just mean that for me personally, after reviewing the medical documentation available and focusing mainly on study that showed cancer, I ultimately over all am not concerned.  Also had amazing results from the caradarine, which I did purchase at reflex supplement store. If I vanish one day, i guess you will all know why. Morbid joke, I know.  Hope my wife doesnt read these forums, should would undoubtedly side with you both

• Like 1

I'm sorry but your lipid profile is terrible.  Your ldl should be below 2 and your hdl should be over 3.

What you achieved could have been done with 2000mg of fish oil, and some fiber, seriously, not joking.  Actually I bet if you started to take 2 tablespoons of flax seed oil and then took 2000 mg of fish oil a day, plus a tablespoon of Metamucil fiber at night, your lipids would have turned out better without the chance of getting cancer.

That is what I do and my ldl was 1.8 and my hdl was 2 and I thought that my levels were shit because I wanted a better ratio, but my doctor told me that I had the levels of a 20 year old and I was 45 at the time.  That was a month after a huge test and tren run, like over 2.6 grams total a week of gear plus minny at 50 mg a day.

You can do it without a cancer causing drug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I took this I was having pains on the left side I tried to tough it out but it just wouldn’t go away, I thought it was in my head but nope, I dropped it and a few days later pains gone. Maybe I’m an odd ball but of all the sarms I’ve takes I get the same weird pains. Mk 677, ostarine, cardin  a couple others I dunnno but sarms don’t agree with me. I will try again tho I don’t quit that easy lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ElectricRocker said:

When I took this I was having pains on the left side I tried to tough it out but it just wouldn’t go away, I thought it was in my head but nope, I dropped it and a few days later pains gone. Maybe I’m an odd ball but of all the sarms I’ve takes I get the same weird pains. Mk 677, ostarine, cardin  a couple others I dunnno but sarms don’t agree with me. I will try again tho I don’t quit that easy lol

That happens to my wife as well.  Even gh.  Fuck anavar did it also.  She just can’t take enhancers,  dhea only fir her.

• Sad 1

Personally i love cardarine.  Used it multiple times at 20mg a day. I know the risks as i know the risks with any drug i consume.

I battle with a lung condition and cardarine soley was able to bring my fev and fvc up by 12-18% everytime i used it in just over a month and holds it there.  Everytime I've used it i did spirometry pulmonary function test before and after. Everytime my lungs were functioning better. There were no variable changes such as diet or increased cardio or addition of drugs. And when id stop taking it within 2 weeks lung functiom would start to normalize to previous levels.  Even my resting heart rate goes down and sits in the 55-60 range on card when its usually 80-90.  I feel like my lungs are 10 years younger on it.

Id take cardarine over cigarettes any day

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, ElectricRocker said:

haha I dont quit easier either! Sometimes i'm doubled over with anxiety and my wife is like "WTF" and I tell her "its this damn tren", then she actually has the audacity to ask me, "why take that shit!?!?" Then I just run off to our bedroom and say "she doesnt understand me!" and slam the door crying. Ah, tren, I love you so.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Libo said:

Personally i love cardarine.  Used it multiple times at 20mg a day. I know the risks as i know the risks with any drug i consume.

I battle with a lung condition and cardarine soley was able to bring my fev and fvc up by 12-18% everytime i used it in just over a month and holds it there.  Everytime I've used it i did spirometry pulmonary function test before and after. Everytime my lungs were functioning better. There were no variable changes such as diet or increased cardio or addition of drugs. And when id stop taking it within 2 weeks lung functiom would start to normalize to previous levels.  Even my resting heart rate goes down and sits in the 55-60 range on card when its usually 80-90.  I feel like my lungs are 10 years younger on it.

Id take cardarine over cigarettes any day 

Im in the same boat! my body loves it!

On 8/25/2018 at 12:06 AM, Sorbate said:

I'm sorry but your lipid profile is terrible.  Your ldl should be below 2 and your hdl should be over 3.

What you achieved could have been done with 2000mg of fish oil, and some fiber, seriously, not joking.  Actually I bet if you started to take 2 tablespoons of flax seed oil and then took 2000 mg of fish oil a day, plus a tablespoon of Metamucil fiber at night, your lipids would have turned out better without the chance of getting cancer.

That is what I do and my ldl was 1.8 and my hdl was 2 and I thought that my levels were shit because I wanted a better ratio, but my doctor told me that I had the levels of a 20 year old and I was 45 at the time.  That was a month after a huge test and tren run, like over 2.6 grams total a week of gear plus minny at 50 mg a day.

You can do it without a cancer causing drug. 

Oh for sure it wasnt in a health range, and I was doing nothing to help it. I take fiber as well as fish oil and my blood lipids are way better. I mostly did this to see what this drug would do specifically for this reason.

Currently im taking Kirkland Signature Krill Oil 500 mg and I take 9 of those a day (high dose for cognitive function, feels like I notice a difference), Metamucil  and Coenzyme Q10. I will have to add in some flax seed oil though, next costco trip!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CanadianMuscleDad said:

Oh for sure it wasnt in a health range, and I was doing nothing to help it. I take fiber as well as fish oil and my blood lipids are way better. I mostly did this to see what this drug would do specifically for this reason.

Currently im taking Kirkland Signature Krill Oil 500 mg and I take 9 of those a day (high dose for cognitive function, feels like I notice a difference), Metamucil  and Coenzyme Q10. I will have to add in some flax seed oil though, next costco trip!

That’s what I do, plus vit c, glucosime, vit d and calcium and a multi

52 minutes ago, CanadianMuscleDad said:

My wife has only tried anavar but she said it fucked her up both times, never tried dhea on her though, perhaps we will give it a go!

You have to buy it in the states.  You can’t get it in Canada.  Fuck you can buy it anywhere in the states though, I get it at wallmart.  And it makes a difference, almost like gear for her difference.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sorbate said:

You have to buy it in the states.  You can’t get it in Canada.  Fuck you can buy it anywhere in the states though, I get it at wallmart.  And it makes a difference, almost like gear for her difference.

Fortunately im close to the states! I'll make a quick trip down there and stuff it in my "prison wallet". Thanks for letting me know about it, we will do some reading tonight and probably get her on that, shes been looking for something

27 minutes ago, CanadianMuscleDad said:

Fortunately im close to the states! I'll make a quick trip down there and stuff it in my "prison wallet". Thanks for letting me know about it, we will do some reading tonight and probably get her on that, shes been looking for something

Don’t even bother hiding it.  As far as the border agents would know it’s a vitamin.  Anyhow I just don’t show them the receipt with it on it.  I buy other stuff and just give them the total

I tried Cardarine approx 4 months ago.    Within 3 days I felt very lethargic all the time, tried to stick it out, but just couldn't.    After 2 weeks of use, I stopped and within 48 hours felt back to normal.     Last week, I thought I would give it another go, sadly by day 2 the same effect happened.    I almost feel like what I have is not Cardarine (O.L. UK brand).   Any thoughts?

Side note, both times I have been taking ECA although that should not make a difference ?

Edited by wasme