My TRT Experience so far

Just thought I'd share my experience and excitement.

I've been on TRT now, for a relatively short time - about 6 weeks so far.  As I explained in my intro, I'm a lifetime lifter and am in this for the long term.  I just mean my health and quality of life is very important, and getting larger (or much larger at least) as a side benefit is great, sure, but isn't my primary focus.  My experience so far has me very very exited and I thought I'd share.

My initial goal was/is to get leaner.  My diet is pretty good/strict, and for the first 8 weeks or so (starting before TRT begain) I tried the Sarm S4.  Meh... Didn't really notice anything different, no sides though, but yeah my strength held out pretty good for the first 20lbs of loss, so that's good I guess but overall I was underwhelmed.  When I started the TRT (just 100mg/wk initially) I did notice my waist began shrinking a little quicker so that's cool.  Now I've given RAD 140 a shot, pretty low dose just looking for a little help getting leaner and staying strong.  But, now THIS is different!!  Last workout (about 2 weeks or so into RAD 140), BOOM!! Hit a PR on the bench (and still losing weight)!!  Not a total weight PR, but got two extra reps at about 80% 1RM.  I log all my workouts and this was a breakthrough.  I'm stronger now, than when I was 35 (at least in the bench)

Just totally excited to be enjoying some unexpectedly great results so soon even at my age (over 50) and am really hopeful that some moderate 'boosts' to my TRT just might produce even better results! 

Also, the TRT so far has really helped with mood, outlook, and libido.  I'm really diggin' it!  I think the only other person who may be enjoying the TRT more is my wife. If anybody is wondering if these effects are real, don't wonder any more.

And, bless her heart, she's perfectly willing to do the pinning for me.  Is it wrong that my wife injecting me kinda turns my crank? Is that wrong 😉 ??

• Like 1

Good to hear man. Nice to hear these stories about trt and the positive affects it has on ones life!

Rad 140 is pretty good stuff, if you haven’t tried lgd yet I’d recommend to give that a go at some point also. I find this was one of the best sarms I’ve tried for strength and appearance. I used it as a bridge and almost seemed as tho once it started to kick in was like I was running a low dose simple test only blast. Both good compounds imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ElectricRocker said:

Good to hear man. Nice to hear these stories about trt and the positive affects it has on ones life!

Rad 140 is pretty good stuff, if you haven’t tried lgd yet I’d recommend to give that a go at some point also. I find this was one of the best sarms I’ve tried for strength and appearance. I used it as a bridge and almost seemed as tho once it started to kick in was like I was running a low dose simple test only blast. Both good compounds imo. 

Excellent! Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BobTheOldLifter said:

Just thought I'd share my experience and excitement.

I've been on TRT now, for a relatively short time - about 6 weeks so far.  As I explained in my intro, I'm a lifetime lifter and am in this for the long term.  I just mean my health and quality of life is very important, and getting larger (or much larger at least) as a side benefit is great, sure, but isn't my primary focus.  My experience so far has me very very exited and I thought I'd share.

My initial goal was/is to get leaner.  My diet is pretty good/strict, and for the first 8 weeks or so (starting before TRT begain) I tried the Sarm S4.  Meh... Didn't really notice anything different, no sides though, but yeah my strength held out pretty good for the first 20lbs of loss, so that's good I guess but overall I was underwhelmed.  When I started the TRT (just 100mg/wk initially) I did notice my waist began shrinking a little quicker so that's cool.  Now I've given RAD 140 a shot, pretty low dose just looking for a little help getting leaner and staying strong.  But, now THIS is different!!  Last workout (about 2 weeks or so into RAD 140), BOOM!! Hit a PR on the bench (and still losing weight)!!  Not a total weight PR, but got two extra reps at about 80% 1RM.  I log all my workouts and this was a breakthrough.  I'm stronger now, than when I was 35 (at least in the bench)

Just totally excited to be enjoying some unexpectedly great results so soon even at my age (over 50) and am really hopeful that some moderate 'boosts' to my TRT just might produce even better results! 

Also, the TRT so far has really helped with mood, outlook, and libido.  I'm really diggin' it!  I think the only other person who may be enjoying the TRT more is my wife. If anybody is wondering if these effects are real, don't wonder any more.

And, bless her heart, she's perfectly willing to do the pinning for me.  Is it wrong that my wife injecting me kinda turns my crank? Is that wrong 😉 ??

You really start feeling the benefits after a few months. I think the libido increase was almost right away for me as well. But I feel great, even at the dr’s prescribed dosage, I run and work circles around kids almost 20 years younger then myself. I do occasionally go above the dosage in a blast and cruise type deal, and it definitely helps my (and yours) workouts. I didn’t find that I sleep anymore then I did pre-trt, but rather that I function a lot better while still only sleeping 4-6 hours a night, so I guess the quality improved.

Same with confidence. I was stuck in the same dead end career that I hated but never had the balls to change or do anything about until all of a sudden I wasn’t afraid of trying something different, which I 100% attribute to being on trt, so there’s that too.

Have fun with it man, it’s the closest thing to a fountain of youth that I know of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davis1891 said:

Same with confidence. I was stuck in the same dead end career that I hated but never had the balls to change or do anything about until all of a sudden I wasn’t afraid of trying something different, which I 100% attribute to being on trt, so there’s that too.

Congrats! And I couldn't agree more, I totally and completely understand what you're feeling here - I feel it too.  Kinda impossible to describe unless you've experienced this.  Very cool!! 

• Like 1