Debating length of first test only cycle

What's up guys, after 3 years I'm looking to make the jump.  I have had some people tell me the standard 500mg test e for 12 weeks is fine while I have had others tell me I will see better results from 400mg over 15 weeks.  Then more people telling me 500 for 15 weeks is the best.  what the fuck do I do lol?  Im starting with a 6 week dbol kicker.  AI and PCT are prepared and i will be getting bloods done.  thanks

Edited by cumberger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cumberger said:

What's up guys, after 3 years I'm looking to make the jump.  I have had some people tell me the standard 500mg test e for 12 weeks is fine while I have had others tell me I will see better results from 400mg over 15 weeks.  Then more people telling me 500 for 15 weeks is the best.  what the fuck do I do lol?  Im starting with a 6 week dbol kicker.  AI and PCT are prepared and i will be getting bloods done.  thanks

Be smart - you're new and fresh to everything, so ANYTHING will produce a stimulus. Personally, i think adding the dbol is overkill, save it for your next one. I'd advise something around 300mg per week and run that for about 8 to 12ish weeks. Don't use more than needed - most people always overdo the first cycle. 

And since you're willing to get blood work I strongly advise getting blood work PRIOR to your cycle so you have a baseline of what your natural test levels are.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cumberger said:

My first cycle was prop and dbol, all my friends said HOLYSHIT, WHATTHEFUCK! I stayed on for about 4 months, even the dbol. Probably not the best healthwise but results were insane, I could not wear a sleeveless shirt in public without getting bombarded with questions about how do you get like that, totally pissed off the girlfriend, lol. Too funny. I had trained natural for 12 years then took a couple years off then hit it hard, it was awesome.

Edited by Shelbysdad
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shelbysdad said:

My first cycle was prop and dbol, all my friends said HOLYSHIT, WHATTHEFUCK! I stayed on for about 4 months, even the dbol. Probably not the best healthwise but results were insane, I could not wear a sleeveless shirt in public without getting bombarded with questions about how do you get like that, totally pissed off the girlfriend, lol. Too funny. I had trained natural for 12 years then took a couple years off then hit it hard, it was awesome.

Did you lose a lot of the gains after seeing as you probably hit your natty limit?

• Like 1

When I did my cycle some years ago I just used test and proviron and I absolutely loved how I felt but as stated by another member I overdid the length of the cycle I stayed on for like 6 months, don’t do that haha .

2 hours ago, cumberger said:

Did you lose a lot of the gains after seeing as you probably hit your natty limit?

Well I am 48, when I started I weighed 170 at age 20. I was 210 after 2years training. Over the next ten years my weight went to 230lbs but bulked out, eventually I was 215 looking great natural. Then I quit for a couple years, life was in the way. My weight went down to 190, then I did my first 4 months of juice, went up to about 220 looking impressive. That was years ago. I have never been able to keep training all those years. There has always been some on years and off years, life, drinking, addictions etc always played a role for me.  But through all the ups and downs, when I get serious and go hard, muscle memory always kicks in and I can look quite impressive within a few months, but ya when I get lazy and don't train, the gains do go away always, you have to keep it up to keep those gains.

Edited by Shelbysdad
  • Like 2

My very first cycle I did was 8 weeks at 400 test e. Nothing else. Pinning once a week. I was advised to keep it shorter to See how I react. Get use to pinning. Etc etc. The gains were definitely noticeable though. Like @Corey5150 said  anything is gonna give you results right away if you’ve never used. Take those big gains off small amount of gear for as long as you can. 

• Like 2

I’m a big believer in trying to keep the gear low I’m seeing young fellas at my gym 20 years old bragging I’m running 1000mg test and trenbolone , like at 20 your a walking vial of test you can make gains natty that I need to be on gear to make I want to shake some sense into them at times. They substitute poor diet and training with gear , great diet and low gear always wins in my thinking. I’m going to run low and longer slow and steady wins the race for this old horse.

This is why these boards are great I wish I had all this information years ago , I did everything wrong . I got lucky with no pct or any adverse effects.

59 minutes ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

I’m a big believer in trying to keep the gear low I’m seeing young fellas at my gym 20 years old bragging I’m running 1000mg test and trenbolone , like at 20 your a walking vial of test you can make gains natty that I need to be on gear to make I want to shake some sense into them at times. They substitute poor diet and training with gear , great diet and low gear always wins in my thinking. I’m going to run low and longer slow and steady wins the race for this old horse.

You would probably do good on 300mg for first two months upping to 500 next two months.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

That’s what I was thinking also I know I don’t want to go over the 500mg mark.

So I differ from a lot here in that I need to do this purely for health/quality of life issues. Not taking away from anyone the factor of how much better you feel etc, not at all as I firmly believe everyone has a right to be the 100% best version of themselves however they can achieve that, but for me the need for supplementation of Test comes down to pretty much life threatening if left unattended to long enough and once my levels hit a certain low point things start rolling downward even faster I know from past exp. So having never pinned before I am going to start out at a 200mg/week pace because there's a good chance, that done right, I'll be on Test permanently now vs the ups and downs I have experienced over the last 10 years.

One of the first things I started watching when I began my journey toward self medicating, was vids by Sam from "Live Like a Viking". Dunno if anyone is familiar with him but he has chronicled his journey from fat/out of shape to where he is now and honestly, he and I are close in age, and I could only hope in my wildest dreams to look like he does now. If he is to be believed, and he seems credible enough, he got his levels up to 900-1000 not having gone over 200mg/week. Now he is also running HGH and a host of SARMS. But he looks awesome and is big, maybe not huge by pro standards but to me he's big. Now I say that with my being a hair over 6'2" tall and in my youth, at 250lbs, I was big, for someone that hit the gym only once a week and really didn't eat well or live a lifestyle conducive to being as healthy as possible, but I worked like a MoFo, did a lot of physical labor back then which seemed as good as going to the gym lol.

His vids are up on YT and I'm not in any way promoting him or pushing anything he has to say, just want to be clear about that, but maybe someone might find the stuff interesting to watch. He's one of those guys that has a personality that it's pretty hard not to like him, IMHO, but to each their own. There is however a lot of good info to be gleaned from the vid content. Info on everything from Test to SARMS and Peptides, diet, levels monitoring, side effects mitigation and he even recently opened a TRT clinic that does Tele/Vid appointments that may be of interest or help to someone.

• Like 3

Anywhere between 3-500mg and nolva for pct. Dont forget to grab an AI as well. I prefer asin to adex, easier on my system and lipids. Don’t over think you first run and keep it simple, as in one compound. Try to go at least 12-16 weeks. Good luck in coming to the dark side lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

One of the first things I started watching when I began my journey toward self medicating, was vids by Sam from "Live Like a Viking". Dunno if anyone is familiar with him but he has chronicled his journey from fat/out of shape to where he is now and honestly,

Yep! I love Sam!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, Corey5150 said:

Be smart - you're new and fresh to everything, so ANYTHING will produce a stimulus. Personally, i think adding the dbol is overkill, save it for your next one. I'd advise something around 300mg per week and run that for about 8 to 12ish weeks. Don't use more than needed - most people always overdo the first cycle. 

And since you're willing to get blood work I strongly advise getting blood work PRIOR to your cycle so you have a baseline of what your natural test levels are.

general question out of curiosity- if i were running test e and lets say injecting a total of 7500mg over the course of the cycle, would it be more effective to dose it at 12 weeks or lower the dose and inject over 15 weeks?

1 hour ago, cumberger said:

general question out of curiosity- if i were running test e and lets say injecting a total of 7500mg over the course of the cycle, would it be more effective to dose it at 12 weeks or lower the dose and inject over 15 weeks?

I don’t like to look at things with specific timelines. For example if from week 8 to week 12 you made zero progression why continue it to 15? I’d even argue if after 8-10 there’s no progress why go to 12. I’d view that as a waste (as long as all other variables are good and consistent). But on the other hand if you’re still making progress at 12 weeks, why not continue it? Why sell yourself short. You will hit a wall at some point. 

Why did you come up with the total of 7,500mg? Is that the total amount you have? Why are you going to use all of that if you can’t get the most out of it? Use what’s needed, what will give you progression, then come off or cruise, whatever you choose. 

For example my cycles are always in “limbo”, if my progression has stopped I either change the compounds/doses (if I’m still fresh) or if I’m getting run down, deload and cruise. 

I've also been on the fence about finally running a cycle. My plan is to only use gear to break plateaus and hopefully maintain after naturally rather than stay on long-term. Because of this I definitely would lean to the side of lowest effective dose and minimal duration, something like test-e 500/wk frontloaded for 9wks (only would require two vials).

35 minutes ago, leoj61 said:

I've also been on the fence about finally running a cycle. My plan is to only use gear to break plateaus and hopefully maintain after naturally rather than stay on long-term. Because of this I definitely would lean to the side of lowest effective dose and minimal duration, something like test-e 500/wk frontloaded for 9wks (only would require two vials).

that is the correct appoach,

if you want to stay natural and off cycle,read up on peptides. Most people are clueless about peptides but they are hidden gems