Debating length of first test only cycle

1 hour ago, leoj61 said:

I've also been on the fence about finally running a cycle. My plan is to only use gear to break plateaus and hopefully maintain after naturally rather than stay on long-term. Because of this I definitely would lean to the side of lowest effective dose and minimal duration, something like test-e 500/wk frontloaded for 9wks (only would require two vials).

I've never met a serious lifter who ran a cycle and didn't use it consistently after that. Everything is a plateau, juice ruins lifting naturally.

If you're a serious lifter and juice, you'll use it pretty much forever whether that is cycling or cruising. Cycling is much better imo.

If you're not a serious lifter and then juice, you'll love it and then when you go off you'll hate it and it'll either force you back on or out of the gym.

No one does one or two cycles and then goes back to natural lifting consistently.

13 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I've never met a serious lifter who ran a cycle and didn't use it consistently after that. Everything is a plateau, juice ruins lifting naturally.

If you're a serious lifter and juice, you'll use it pretty much forever whether that is cycling or cruising. Cycling is much better imo.

If you're not a serious lifter and then juice, you'll love it and then when you go off you'll hate it and it'll either force you back on or out of the gym.

No one does one or two cycles and then goes back to natural lifting consistently.

Yep, even as a noob, I can totally see this.

Even though I'm an older guy now, busting a plateau feels as good at 50+ as it does at 25.  That being said I don't think I'll become obsessed with performance (I hope).  A couple decades ago, yeah probably.  That's why I feel fortunate for having my TRT set up, it's a bigger mental boost than I expected, and that's addictive on it's own. But I'm on a 'cruise' now indefinitely, and hopefully the urge to 'blast' all the time isn't too strong.

However, is it a warning sign that I just have to look at my vials and I get a little 'urban renewal' goin' on down below? 😲

4 hours ago, Blitz said:

That is what I have observed as well, but I think that is a psychological not physiological response. It is well established that AAS result in permanent change that can alter future muscularity and performance through expanding myonuclear domain. They certainly can be used to break plateaus for someone who wishes to resume training naturally, the challenge as you said is the mindset of "ruining natural training"

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, leoj61 said:

I've also been on the fence about finally running a cycle. My plan is to only use gear to break plateaus and hopefully maintain after naturally rather than stay on long-term. Because of this I definitely would lean to the side of lowest effective dose and minimal duration, something like test-e 500/wk frontloaded for 9wks (only would require two vials).

Lol, that's what I said too! I was kidding myself though.

For ur first cycle ur in a great position.  And an important one.

Ur gunna make gains regardless of what u take.

The main rule when it comes to taking anabolics is: you always want to take the minimum effective dosage.

That sets u up for a future of gains to look forward to bc ur not maxxed out now.  

Id do test only...save DBol for ur next cycle.  

Test enth or cyp @ 300mg/week.  Your duration would normally be influenced by bloodwork but because this is such a mild cycle your bloodwork would likely be fine forever on this dose. So I would personally go for 12-16 weeks.  At that dosage 20mL will last you 16 weeks. So I'd stop there bc I have OCD and then u use exactly 2 bottles.😌

At that dose I wouldn't take an anti estrogen at all. You wont need it. Unless ur personally super sensitive to estrogen or very high body fat or both.  But never a bad idea to have an anti estrogen on hand.  Always use aromasin over arimidex...its less detrimental to your lipid profile.

Your next cycle you would go from 300mg/week to 400mg/week of test enth/cyp.  And ur duration id bump up to 18 weeks (ocd once again this is exactly 3 bottles)...and that DBol u have leftover you could use to frontload ur cycle the 1st 3-4 weeks @ 40mg/day  but my approach would be to run it preworkout only @ 15-30mg for a longer duration. Blood work will tell you when to come off but u should be able to make it work atleast 8 weeks.  Hopefully ur liver values are fine the entire cycle and u can stay on for the full 18 weeks.  

Then cycle #3 you have some choices of what your average person would do. Most people would try a second injectable along with the test.  Such as test enth/cyp@500mg/week + deca or EQ or masteron enth@200mg/week for 15 weeks.

Or you could run a similar cycle to ur 2nd one just with a different oral compound.  Such as anavar this time.  Which would would run at 40-50mg/day for 4 weeks or preworkout again at 20-30mg for 8+ weeks.  Or perhaps mk677 @25-30mg/day for entire cycle instead of your oral.

By cycle #4 it gets a bit more complicated usually but if youve followed these general steps you'll see incredible gains each cycle with minimal side effects (altho that's greatly genetic).

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, Blitz said:

Agree 100%

• Like 1

Imo 500 mg test is a serious cycle. I don’t care what anyone says. The first time you introduce exogenous hormones the reaction is spectacular. I think a “mild” first cycle would be 350mg for 8-10 weeks. Or 100 test 50 var. Or you could even find a doctor willing to administer trt in the high range.

example: My first go was 10 weeks, 400 test for 5 weeks. Then 500mg for 5 more.DE4C1414-11FF-45A0-92B5-32B13E7DD2AE.thumb.jpeg.fda4e8f50172bb06d51bf2dc22ae1b90.jpeg

F1C23943-9D8C-4D70-A5C5-42BC37E652E4.thumb.jpeg.52dc920df8c45b80979358c04729c636.jpeg

the result was a 25 lb increase in muscle mass and a sharp decrease in bodyfat.(of course training and nutrition MUST be on point) I also started tanning 😁

Before my cycle I had my mind made up, I’ll only ever do one cycle. That’s all.

1.5 years later I’m on my 4th cycle...

its not just seeing your body transform before your eyes, it’s that pump.. skin splitting. It’s the way you’ll feel, like your 18 again. The libido increase. The compliments you get. The strength. The aggression you feel lifting... you put that pin in there’s no looking back.

there are also several  negatives enhancement comes with. I’m sure many members will share with you if you like.

that being said, I regret nothing.

Can't really provide a recommendation without knowing what your goals are. Do you just want to look better than the average guy in the gym or do you want to work towards a 'holy fuck look at that guy' monster?

The longer the cycle and the higher the doses the greater the potential for side effects and negative impacts on your health. You will get different recommendations from different people because different people have differing ideas on acceptable risks (see question above).

IMO the potential for keeping gains long term post cycle is overstated. Those plateaus only stay broken as long as your are on. Unless you are well below your natural limit of muscular development beforehand then I would not factor it in. If you are then why not stay natty until you are. Like Blitz said, after training with AAS, training without sucks donkeys, lots of donkeys...

Consider using HCG during cycle to mitigate shutdown. If you do, keep in mind that it will keep you testes producing endogenous test and factor that amount to your regimen (ie add 50-100 mg/wk). Also it is a bit estrogenic so it may up your needs for an AI.