Gas prices

What are the gas prices in your neck of the woods ? Are you doing anything to fight the pinch ? Mine are 109.9 with the interrupter clause in place I dropped a grade of fuel to help the cost of filling my truck . Wife’s suv costs less to fill anyway.

In Metro Vancouver yesterday I filled up at 138.9 but that is low considering it was 170 a couple weeks ago. Crazy! But they always have an excuse "A toilet in Texas backed up in a refinery, so obviously we had to jack up the prices".

I’m not in the industry and won’t pretend to be knowledgeable but seems like they jack it up without rhyme or reason lately , why do we bring in our oil and gas when we have more than enough here to support us. I would love to be educated on this reason.

I wish I could down size but I need my truck we depend on my truck for almost everything we do around my place we use the wife’s suv for any family stuff. I have to fill up on average every 5 days it’s tough at times.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:29 PM, Shelbysdad said:

Wow, mind if I ask how ?

Yea for sure, I drive 144km round trip to work. Plus driving to the gym, any other stops, weekend driving etc. I was spending over $600 a month on gas in my Camry. Not to mention oil changes on that much driving was every two months, so conservatively $50 a month.

My last car was done, over 300k. Assuming the cost of gas would be roughly the same a focus would be around $300 car payment assuming I put some down and got some upgrades. Plus my gas I'm easily at $900 a month, oil changes $950. I was paying $60 a month for a toll pass which is now included for a green car so $1010. I'll leave any other maintenance but that's a pretty good number.

My Tesla has a payment of $600 a month, so double. But the average of two months of charging has been $40 a month. So $640 a month to drive. I don't need to buy a toll pass which is bonus, no oil, really no other maintenance ever. My cost of ownership given I had to buy a car and needed something reliable is $3-400 cheaper per month in a Tesla than an entry model car. Obviously if I didn't drive so much, this wouldn't be the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Yea for sure, I drive 144km round trip to work. Plus driving to the gym, any other stops, weekend driving etc. I was spending over $600 a month on gas in my Camry. Not to mention oil changes on that much driving was every two months, so conservatively $50 a month.

My last car was done, over 300k. Assuming the cost of gas would be roughly the same a focus would be around $300 car payment assuming I put some down and got some upgrades. Plus my gas I'm easily at $900 a month, oil changes $950. I was paying $60 a month for a toll pass which is now included for a green car so $1010. I'll leave any other maintenance but that's a pretty good number.

My Tesla has a payment of $600 a month, so double. But the average of two months of charging has been $40 a month. So $640 a month to drive. I don't need to buy a toll pass which is bonus, no oil, really no other maintenance ever. My cost of ownership given I had to buy a car and needed something reliable is $3-400 cheaper per month in a Tesla than an entry model car. Obviously if I didn't drive so much, this wouldn't be the case.

Did you get your tesla in time when governments were offering rebates? 

5 hours ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

How do you like your Tesla?

Overall it's amazing. Every other car feels old once you drive a Tesla, or it drives you. Everything is so intuitive and simple. It's quick, looks great. Any issue I could comment on would be the most minor nitpicking type thing.