CapeBretonDadBod

My doctor my daughter

So my doctor gave me shit about what I feed my daughter , I flake up some salmon in mashed potatoes with a little ketchup she loves it ,it’s healthy for her lots of omegas , he said there is mercury and heavy metals, like wtf shes 20 months old it’s not like she’s eating a whole salmon steak ! Or eating it every week she gets a little bowl think of how much a 20 month old eats. Man he pissed me off !

Most doctors are idiots. Feed her whatever she’ll eat now cause as she grows her appetite will change and she’ll go from eating everything to nothing lol. 

@ElectricRocker that’s why I’m trying to expose her to everything now I don’t want a fussy eater and most kids won’t touch fish and it’s so good for them. I could be wrong but it seems like doctors know nothing about nutrition and they spend all that time in medical school.

I agree. These non-sense with picking food and what kind of water will the kid be consuming went just too far. A decade ago (not to say centuries and centuries ago) the mothers weren't concerned what "special" food prepared in a special way their kid will eat today and yet they are still going to grow in normal and healthy people.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, CapeBretonDadBod said:

So my doctor gave me shit about what I feed my daughter , I flake up some salmon in mashed potatoes with a little ketchup she loves it ,it’s healthy for her lots of omegas , he said there is mercury and heavy metals, like wtf shes 20 months old it’s not like she’s eating a whole salmon steak ! Or eating it every week she gets a little bowl think of how much a 20 month old eats. Man he pissed me off !

Most doctors are quacks. They only know what they've been taught. They don't learn after starting a practice. There's no need for them. They get big $$$ so there's no more incentive to learn and adjust to new research and breakthroughs

It's good that you're exposing your daughter to new foods. Do that. Children who are not exposed to various foods, tastes and textures are much more likely to have food allergies than children who have been exposed. No one in my family has food allergies because we feed babies a little bit of everything. 

Yes that’s what we do she always gets a little of what we are having , we were just mainly doing it so we didn’t have a fussy eater later in life.

Go for it man, feed her what you think is right. I need to be varied with my kid's diet as well. I have to agree with all of this nonsense from doctors, finally had to change mine because he was so old school it was stupid. Some of the stuff he told me was so old and out of date I wanted to laugh. Everything in moderation. It's fun to see the look on the little one's face when they try something new for the first time!