Question for TRT veterans

1 hour ago, tedtrushbodyathletica said:

Thats a whole other debate id rather not tackle at this point LOL.

T

Lol....Ya hafta wonder why, whenever the topic of a 2 tier medical system comes up in Canada, the screeching classes get all up in arms about it and start shouting it down. It's absurd. The fact that it isn't just something you can go ahead and do is retarded. If I am a doc and I want to run my office based on my picking and choosing who I see, a right I SHOULD have, and giving paying customers priority,  FOR TIMING ONLY, ie paying will get you an appt sooner but no better care obviously, and most docs I know, you couldn't buy your way in if they don't want you as a patient, and if they were allowed to do this they would stick to that even more because they would have plenty of other options. I said "should"  because as basic a concept as that is, in this day and age, we are seeing examples time and time again where that isn't the case and business owners are pilloried for exercising their right of "We have the right to refuse service to anyone". Sadly it seems that the people condemned for this all fit a very specific sort of demographic while others who do not seem able to do whatever they want in this area free from any interference!

I think the bottom line is that because our govt so habitually and badly mistreats physicians, of all types, they do not want to release any of the control they have because docs may just flip them the single finger salute, go off and do their own thing, and then what right! My old Doc in Toronto was awesome, one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. He was my doc for over 20 years, 10 of which was in 1 straight stretch. He spoke to me more as a colleague than anything else because a big part of the relationship we had was his trust in me that if I came to him with something new in regards to my treatment, I would have already done the legwork, it would never be a frivolous request, and he knew he only needed to quickly fact check my info and not do all the research himself. That worked perfectly!

Unfortunately, the neighborhood I lived in, and the Doc's practice was in, became more and more populated, for the most part, with a certain demographic of immigrant who, as most do, settle in these pockets all huddled together. As a result, his practice was overwhelmed over the years to the point where it went from being walk in and see him to walk in and hopefully get an appt in a month! He told me in confidence that he literally could not turn anyone away because if he did all manner of hammer dropping would befall him from cries of racism, to xenophobia, to poor ethical standards etc etc. All of it pure nonsense but that is what is going on. He has 2 kids in private University in the UK so you know he's not doing anything to jeopardize his practice. He had to hire reception people from the same community because people came in and either didn't speak or refused to speak English. Big, shaved head white guy (me), in camo shorts, tac boots and a black t-shirt walks in to my doctor' office, who I've been seeing for 10 years, and they all, all of them people here by our good graces, stare at me like I don't belong there, I'm an unwelcome intruder, and are overtly hostile in any way they can manage! It had gotten so bad that if I hadn't moved I would have had to find a new doc anyway.

I feel horrible for him as there is no escape. Until he retires that is his lot! There is no way that is right or justifiable but that is the way it is! Obviously this is a completely unjust/unfair system and that is precisely why the govt won't allow any changes because docs would be all "screw you govt, lol I'm on my own now"

The govt is perpetually whining about the fact that they can't get doctors for areas like Labrador, NWT and Nunavit. Yet they offer no incentive to docs to basically give up their lives and move to the middle of nowhere. If a doc has a family, you think their spouse and kids want to move to the middle of buttF nowhere just because the govt says it would be the nice thing to do lol. Who in their right mind would do that?

So as is usually the case, our govts have made a mess of this and I doubt there is any fixing it. It will just continue to get worse.

For guys with low dose dhea (25mgs) added to trt. Whats the reasoning behind it and do you notice a difference? Always debating wether to add it to my trt but not interested in raising my estro if there isnt a point to taking it.

1 hour ago, xpac2 said:

For guys with low dose dhea (25mgs) added to trt. Whats the reasoning behind it and do you notice a difference? Always debating wether to add it to my trt but not interested in raising my estro if there isnt a point to taking it.

I am prescribed 50mg daily DHEA. It's been explained to me by my doc as a prohormone that helps test work. He didn't express a concern with it producing estrogen. Test will do that good enough on it's own if your'e prone to it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xpac2 said:

I'm on DHEA too.  What the doc said to me was that low DHEA is associated with many poor health conditions.   Meaning patients with insulin resistance,  heart issues etc often have low DHEA.  Causal?  Not clear.  My levels were not very low, but he put me on low dose anyway.   Expensive for the prescription stuff, about a buck a pill.

Edited by BobTheOldLifter
typo

3 hours ago, BobTheOldLifter said:

I'm on DHEA too.  What the doc said to me was that low DHEA is associated with many poor health conditions.   Meaning patients with insulin resistance,  heart issues etc often have low DHEA.  Causal?  Not clear.  My levels were not very low, but he put me on low dose anyway.   Expensive for the prescription stuff, about a buck a pill.

That's more info than my doc gave me. I honestly don't think I get anything out of it at all, but the doc wants to see a certain number on my bloodwork, so here we are.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also have a question for the veterans. My doc is putting me on Natesto, 11mg of test 2x per day, so a total of 154mg per week which can be changed to 3x per day if I dont feel anything with 2 putting it at 231mg per week (almost a mild cycle here no?) My question is, will I need an AI with those kind of dose? My doctor did not talked to me about any AI use during my TRT and I am concerned because I am proned to gyno... What should I do?

Thanks!