Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just curious, since the deadlift uses different muscles, what body part day do you recommend doing it? 

Thanks 😀

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a biceps workout too so you can do it in a biceos day. But most of ppl combine biceps with back group mussle exercices and triceps with sternal mussels. Soo.. do a double mussle group days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pump_And_Hump said:

Its a biceps workout too so you can do it in a biceos day. But most of ppl combine biceps with back group mussle exercices and triceps with sternal mussels. Soo.. do a double mussle group days. 

Not sure what you mean by this but the deadlft is not a biceps exercise.  

T

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many back exercises ie rows, chins etc indirectly work the biceps.  The key however is to try to remove the biceps from the exercise to maximize back involvement.  Doing biceps as a secondary muscle on back day is fine as well.  However, the deadlift does not work the biceps except for putting tremendous stress on the biceps tendon on the arm that is using the underhand grip if an over/under grip is used.  My suggestion would be if not competing in PL than do not use an over/under grip stick to over/over and use straps to assist if necessary.  You will spare your biceps a possible tear.

T

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @tedtrushbodyathletica

Im curious, at what point do you think it would be necessary to have a belt when doing deadlifts? Currently doing 405 x 8 without a belt and even with proper form my lower back hurts like crazy, but not all the time. Would a belt alleviate pressure on my lower back? Never used a belt before and I dont even know the science behind it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The science is a belt creates higher internal pressure which in turn stabilizes the core. A stable core is a strong core and helps prevent back injuries as well as abdominal injuries. I always used a 4 inch power belt on anything 405 and over. 

 

T

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 old back injury doing deadlifts with 385. Pelvic tilt. Don't know how to fix the burnt out muscle that attach to the hip. Any ideas would be appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have u had it looked at by a practitioner such as a chiro who works with professional athletes and is skilled in ART?  If not I would highly suggest you so to avoid reinjury and to make sure it is fully healed and functional. 

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tedtrushbodyathletica said:

Have u had it looked at by a practitioner such as a chiro who works with professional athletes and is skilled in ART?  If not I would highly suggest you so to avoid reinjury and to make sure it is fully healed and functional. 

T

ART worked miracles for my shoulders and I'm a big believer, but damn, around the pelvis ART would be hella painful...

Edited by BobTheOldLifter
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 11:04 AM, funlog said:

Just curious, since the deadlift uses different muscles, what body part day do you recommend doing it? 

Thanks 😀

 

I mostly do rack pulls and hex bar dead’s now. But I do them for back. And I make sure to have a few days in between legs n back when I go heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about 5 months of visits with a chiropractor. I suppose I could do all the stretching and excersizes again but it still wont hold up to where I want to get to. Over 5 plates deadlifts and squats. What is ART I know its a tare around the pelvic area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, MaskedMisery said:

Hi @tedtrushbodyathletica

Im curious, at what point do you think it would be necessary to have a belt when doing deadlifts? Currently doing 405 x 8 without a belt and even with proper form my lower back hurts like crazy, but not all the time. Would a belt alleviate pressure on my lower back? Never used a belt before and I dont even know the science behind it

405x8? Very nicely done!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whatsup said:

 old back injury doing deadlifts with 385. Pelvic tilt. Don't know how to fix the burnt out muscle that attach to the hip. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Athlene X on YouTube has a good vid for anterior pelvic tilt. It really helped me out. If you can’t find it lemme know and I’ll look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'll check it out soon man. Currently got dennis james workout on the tv youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GainTrain said:

Athlene X on YouTube has a good vid for anterior pelvic tilt. It really helped me out. If you can’t find it lemme know and I’ll look.

you're right. video was very imformative. thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...