Posted (edited)

How soon after my last test e pin can I go keto?

Background. I was a fat pos at 220lbs. Paleo’d then keto’d down to a skinnier pos at 170-175lbs. Got a bit serious with the weights. Up to 190lbs. Started my cycle. Which has turned into a dirty bulk.  Prob 215lbs today. But definitely had a lot of belly rebound. Like the typical biggest loser after the cameras are gone. 

I can’t count calories. How do I lose fat maintain muscle, not crash my metabolism (again). 

I should add  I’m 6’1 46yrs old  and can fast into autophagy no prob  

Thanks

Edited by KetoMuscles

1 hour ago, KetoMuscles said:

How soon after my last test e pin can I go keto?

Background. I was a fat pos at 220lbs. Paleo’d then keto’d down to a skinnier pos at 170-175lbs. Got a bit serious with the weights. Up to 190lbs. Started my cycle. Which has turned into a dirty bulk.  Prob 215lbs today. But definitely had a lot of belly rebound. Like the typical biggest loser after the cameras are gone. 

I can’t count calories. How do I lose fat maintain muscle, not crash my metabolism (again). 

I should add  I’m 6’1 46yrs old  and can fast into autophagy no prob  

Thanks

You can use a keto diet on cycle or off cycle it really doesn't matter.  The entire idea of bulking is pretty much old news and the very reason guys get too fat off season.  I would always suggest an off season lean gaining cycle. You don't need to count calories per se when dieting. I have worked with hundreds of clients and done many contests myself and never counted calories. The only thing is with my diets i know you will be in a calorie deficit and you will need to measure your food in ounces or cups etc.  As long as you know how much you are eating and are consistent then you will drop weight. In order to not crash your metabolism you need to eat enough food and you need to do some cardio (enhances metabolism).  The key to losing fat and not losing muscle is to eat adequate protein regularly.  Remember the body can store carbs (glycogen) and fat however it cannot store protein.  Thus in order to protect muscle you need to weight train and eat protein consistently through the day.  This is the very reason fasting is NOT ideal for physique competition.  Fasting is definitely good from a health perspective however if trying to keep muscle and lose fat it is not ideal.  For a male your size i would suggest 6 meals eating every 3 hours.  Each meal should contain about 15-25g fat, 45g protein, and trace carbs only from fibrous veggies, nuts, sugar free nut butters.

If you want to fast I would save it for off season and do it once per week.

T

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately eating 6 meals a day seems like an impossibility for me. TRF (16:8) works very well for my lifestyle. However, if I want to be better I’ll have to do better. 

When you say keto on or off cycle you must mean when you’re already jacked  There are lots of keto bb’ers but can you be keto then become a bb’er?  Can you go from scrawny to brawny keto or do you have to build the mountain first? 

When you say fast once a week, are you referring to a Brad Pilon ESE style?

Do you think going keto during or just before pct is too soon or a good idea given the muscle sparring aspects?

Thanks again eh. 

2 hours ago, KetoMuscles said:

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately eating 6 meals a day seems like an impossibility for me. TRF (16:8) works very well for my lifestyle. However, if I want to be better I’ll have to do better. 

When you say keto on or off cycle you must mean when you’re already jacked  There are lots of keto bb’ers but can you be keto then become a bb’er?  Can you go from scrawny to brawny keto or do you have to build the mountain first? 

When you say fast once a week, are you referring to a Brad Pilon ESE style?

Do you think going keto during or just before pct is too soon or a good idea given the muscle sparring aspects?

Thanks again eh. 

Six meals is quite easy actually...3 whole food meals plus 3 protein shakes.  If that is not easy enough do three whole meals and two protein shakes.

Keto or ketosis is a body state...the brain is running on primarily ketone bodies for fuel. Keto is a diet that has many uses...in body composition terms it is used to drop fat and maintain muscle.  It is not used for gaining muscle as it is not very effective for that. I am talking keto for fat loss and muscle preservation. So again it doesnt matter if you are on cycle or off it makes no difference...you are still looking at dropping fat and keeping muscle. 

Fasting once a week...ie Sunday last meal 7pm then do not eat again until Monday around 1pm.  Its fasting, simple...no brand names required.

Keto is fine before, during, and/or after PCT.  

T

Keto or low carbs?

I'm vegan and it's very difficult for me to get enough protein. I have a sensitive stomach and find it hard to eat high fat foods (except avocados).

My question: is eating low carb as effective as keto?

Could you give me a sample vegan keto menu/diet?

Hi MG, 

Any diet that you can stick to will typically work.  When comparing low carb to keto we need to be clear about a few things as there is much misinformation out there that tends to confuse people.  Firstly, a keto diet is not necessarily high in fat.  You dont need to be eating high fat cream, bacon, mayo etc that really is not an ideal keto diet and most will fail on that plan because calorie intake is much too high for fat loss to be sustainable. A keto diet is technically a low carb diet only just a bit lower in carbs then what most perceive a low carb diet to be..ie less then 50g indirect carbs per day.   Most carbs eaten on a keto diet for body composition enhancement come from indirect source such as eggs, fibrous veggies, nut butters etc. There are no direct sources of carbs on a keto diet such as oats or rice. A keto diet is typically more efficient than a low carb diet because the body and brain are using fats for fuel not carbs that have been ingested.  A keto diet is also easier to maintain then a low carb diet because there are less cravings, more stable insulin levels, and plenty of ketone bodies for the brain to use thus mental clarity is enhanced. Not to say a low carb diet is not effective as many do still use it however I just find keto much more efficient and easier. 

A vegan keto diet for body composition would be a challenge as most vegetable protein sources contain a high carb content if you are going to get adequate protein.  You can probably manage a vegan keto diet that is very low in protein however for body comp purposes that would not be ideal.

As you can see from this link protein content will be severely limited of trying to stay keto.

https://www.ruled.me/comprehensive-guide-vegan-ketogenic-diet/

T

No different then regular diet .  The best set and rep scheme while dieting is the same scheme used while building muscle.  For men 5-10 reps for women 6-12. Higher rep leg days can be used intermittently. 

T