I hope that this never happend, but I am interested in peoples thinking and what comes into their minda about this very important question.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 7:50 PM, Pump_And_Hump said:

I hope that this never happend, but I am interested in peoples thinking and what comes into their minda about this very important question.

I don't think we will ever see another WW like what we think of with WWI and WWII. There certainly may be endless police actions and counter insurgency operations that will be traditional warfare based but I think if it ever comes down to and Allies vs Axis conflict again it will be a matter of whomever initiates the conflict setting the stage. Nukes will beget nukes pretty much for certain but there's also biological warfare and chemical. I think that there's also a pretty fair chance of a pre-emptive strike against provocateurs in perhaps the middle east or aisa. I don't think anyone will ever throw down with China but North Korea might get stomped on if they aren't careful and depending on who is in the Whitehouse at the time.

The common thread though is that no matter what battlefield or how, it won't end well for anyone involved. There's just too much tech allowing a far too rapid closing of the gap/distance between parties. This is why the US and allies are always so focused on making sure that whatever tinpot dictator doesn't ever get long distance capabilities. Sure, you can put a dirty bomb in a suitcase but that's a long far cry from a mega-tonne warhead coming from as far away as N. Korea in the middle of your Christmas dinner.

• Like 2

I definitely think it could happen, I’m actually sure it will. Maybe in our lifetime or our kids. But I think it’ll be over fast and it won’t be like wars in the past. I think we end up killing most the planet in the next one. Too many countries have nukes. 

• Like 2

About the nukes I think that every country must destroy their nukes... Idk why the countries are still developing nuclear programs if they are not using the uranium for power plants...

• Like 1

Just now, Pump_And_Hump said:

Great britain is collecting support for a misson near iran...

IMHO, Iran should consider themselves lucky if they don't get a giant Boris stuffed up their Johnson!!

• Haha 1