Pinning frequency

So I’ve been running test-e and 500mg wk , and have my pins worked out to be basically every 3.5 days right down to the same time , I was reading and watching YouTube videos , I came across and lFBB Pro , Guys name is Gregg Doucette now he is saying in his video that every 5 days is the best way , so am I doing this wrong ?

Great question...

Its a little confusing indeed. I've watched Dave Palumbo say eod is the best/his fav, then turn right around and contradict himself in another video say once per week was the way to go with Test E or Cyp.. I've watched some of Doucette's vids, mostly about peptides, and he's kinda funny in addition to whatever info you can get from the content. For my part, and obviously no pro or expert, I think a lot of it comes down to convenience in so far as you can combine convenience with a schedule that is often enough to avoid unnecessary peaks and troughs, which will be somewhat different for each person with none of us metabolizing the exact same I suppose. IMHO doing eod, as I am, is a little bit of a pain but it seems to be working so far in that I'm not experiencing any variance that is noticeable and I have my sites in rotation so I'm not overdoing any 1 spot.

Anyway, just my 2 cents and I'm definitely interested to hear from the folks that have been at this a lot longer than myself as to what their thoughts are.

This is why I brought the topic up the frequency is quite varied among people , once a week would be great if you can remain stable that way. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have found it to be dose dependent for myself, and only notice a "peak and valley" effect with testosterone. Anything under 500mg/ week, pinning twice a week is fine. At 700-1400mg a week I pin EOD. I find this noticeably reduces acne and edema, at least for me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I run low dose for trt and blast. Trt is 125 1x/wk cruise and if I “blast” it’s 250 (1cc) test e, 40 (.2cc) tren e, 60 (.3cc) EQ, 40 (.2 cc) mast e for a total of 390/wk...1 poke on Monday am.

After 30+ years, I’ve built enough muscle (for me) that low dose does me just dandy. I have done the high-dose, pin ed thing...I like to just pin once a week now.

Edited by Livin'Large
  • Like 1

No need to pin long esters eod.    Would it keep levels more stable, yes in theory.   In application you'll probably never tell the difference.  I know I cant tell the difference between eod or twice a week on long esters.   I know I'd rather pin less and avoid that extra scar tissue if I can.

This thread is a classic case of over thinking things.   We all agree that nutrition training and rest are the most important factors in growing but we all obsess and over think the drugs.  

But just to be a prick,  here's some food for thoughts,  have you ever considered the ester weight when planning your cycle?   100mg of test e isnt 100mg of pure test,  the enanthate ester accounts for 30% of that weight so you're only getting 70mg's of test from that 100mg of test e.   

If you cant sleep tonight rethinking all your doses you are welcome.   But that's not my point.   

Edited by ARUSH

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 11:51 PM, fuji said:

I prefer EOD injects no matter what I'm running, but that's just me

Agreed.  Eod or ed even.

I feel like taking my shots an hour or two preworkout gets my head together and placebo affect helps me a ton also.

Side note greg doucette is a little delusional cry baby rat bitch. Cant stand him. And his opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, ARUSH said:

No need to pin long esters eod.    Would it keep levels more stable, yes in theory.   In application you'll probably never tell the difference.  I know I cant tell the difference between eod or twice a week on long esters.   I know I'd rather pin less and avoid that extra scar tissue if I can.

This thread is a classic case of over thinking things.   We all agree that nutrition training and rest are the most important factors in growing but we all obsess and over think the drugs.  

But just to be a prick,  here's some food for thoughts,  have you ever considered the ester weight when planning your cycle?   100mg of test e isnt 100mg of pure test,  the enanthate ester accounts for 30% of that weight so you're only getting 70mg's of test from that 100mg of test e.   

If you cant sleep tonight rethinking all your doses you are welcome.   But that's not my point.   

I agree, theres really no difference in pinning long esters, eod/ed or every 4-5 days. BUT that being said, someone stated as well in this thread that when it comes to the volume of the shot (total dose) I may be more likely to pin EOD then twice a week. As I'd rather pin less volume for better absorbtion then pounding 3mls everywhere.

Also, interesting point you brought up about ester weight... but to be honest I wouldn't put THAT much thought into it, as lets compare say test prop and test enth... you're looking at an 80% yield vs a 70% yield so I think that the difference is pretty minimal. Since the dose is typically 2.5 to 4x that of prop (per ml) the long ester would usually be a better choice. Now if we're discussing an acetate vs enth ester... maybe thats where my opinion would switch.