Swelling days after test pin

I think this was my 6th pin and all others have gone smoothly.  Used a 23g 1" for my right delt.  A little pain when i went in but nothing to alarming.  When I pulled out i had a stream of blood run down my arm.  It wasnt a lot, but ive never experienced that much before.  Two days later the pin site is bruised but no pain.  However, about two inches underneath has some redness and swelling.  Its painful to move shoulder- like bad pip.  I either suspect i hit a vein or it is a sub q leak.  My question is- is it infected? Will i have to go get antibiotics?  thanks boys.  kill your lifts

• Like 1

I used to injected delt and I stop , when you reduced body weight it is way to painfull  I believe the only place is your ass! I have swell from time to time I do inject a lot's of stuff , blood on cycle is kind of normal as your blood pressure get higher , if you have pain after 5-6 days you need to go emergency no joke! it normally go away rapidly and make sure no skin colour change it all!

be safe! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

and of course change injection sites for at least a week!

ive been rotating glutes and delts every week so my shoulder will have two weeks recover ideally.  Im still trying to put more mass on as it is my first cycle so i dont think low bodyfat is the issue

• Like 1

I've noticed some chatter around regarding the fact that the oils have gotten so thin that it's sometimes hard to be patient and people end up pushing the Test in too fast which can lead to a delayed bruising and a bit of a bump/lump a couple days later. As well what @Jetpilot said about being careful not to move the needle angle at all. What's on the inside isn't nearly so tough as what's on the outside and it's pretty easy to cause a minor hematoma if you happen to nik or bother a blood vessel. I know I will get a trickle of blood, the odd time, when I pin in my delt but it's only ever the right one, dunno why.

The pain moving the shoulder sounds almost like you might have pinned too high and gotten into the bursa? The deltoid and the bursa overlap a little from what i recall of what the inside there looks like and it doesn't take a whole lot to aggravate the bursa, that I know from previous personal experience, not pinning just general bursitis stuff. Taking it easy and  some ice & anti-inflammatory should fix that right up if that's what it is.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

I've noticed some chatter around regarding the fact that the oils have gotten so thin that it's sometimes hard to be patient and people end up pushing the Test in too fast which can lead to a delayed bruising and a bit of a bump/lump a couple days later. As well what @Jetpilot said about being careful not to move the needle angle at all. What's on the inside isn't nearly so tough as what's on the outside and it's pretty easy to cause a minor hematoma if you happen to nik or bother a blood vessel. I know I will get a trickle of blood, the odd time, when I pin in my delt but it's only ever the right one, dunno why.

The pain moving the shoulder sounds almost like you might have pinned too high and gotten into the bursa? The deltoid and the bursa overlap a little from what i recall of what the inside there looks like and it doesn't take a whole lot to aggravate the bursa, that I know from previous personal experience, not pinning just general bursitis stuff. Taking it easy and  some ice & anti-inflammatory should fix that right up if that's what it is.

now that i think about it i think i did go a little higher than usual for whatever reason.  four and a half days later it is still red and swollen as well as a little hot.  if it doesnt go down tomorrow would it be safe to say its cellulitis?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cumberger said:

now that i think about it i think i did go a little higher than usual for whatever reason.  four and a half days later it is still red and swollen as well as a little hot.  if it doesnt go down tomorrow would it be safe to say its cellulitis?  

If it goes down it is not infection! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

If it goes down it is not infection! 

Exactly!

If you aren't running an actual fever then I wouldn't say it's any sort of infection. it's sounding more and more like the bursa is involved as I thought. Keep icing it and taking anti-inflams ( I like naproxen for this sort of thing). If you get any sort of pustule come to the surface,  or if it starts to "streak" redness out from the area, or you start to run a fever,  then it's right off to the doc or ER for you, no delay but again from the sound of it I think you'll be fine with ice and anti-inflams. Take your temp though and rule out a fever just to be sure!

You need to be concerned with manifesting "systemic" vs "local" issues. When systemic happen thats when you need a doc's attention.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Nice link for injection by Dave P

https://youtu.be/DimqpdKLyPg

Great link!. I love watching Dave's videos. I can't help but be thinking when I see him though about when the movie "Honey, I shrunk the Dave" will come out, lol...Obviously retired he's not going to stay huge but man it's such a difference when you look at photos from when he was competing. No surprise just hard not to marvel at what can be done with the human body!

• Haha 1