First blood test and qualitative results after 3 mths TRT

Overall, I'm pleased, but one thing kinda frustrates me.

Basically this is from 100mg/wk tTest and 25mg/day DHEA (with just a couple 'extra' pins).  Didn't want to skew results though b/c I want to maximize prescription, and I'm in this for the long-term.

I'll update with my Bioavailable Test and DHEA when completed (takes a little longer I guess).  Strangely, total test levels wasn't ordered for this blood test - thinking just b/c perhaps doc only cares about the bioavailable number.

Positives:

HDL Up, LDL Down

Hemoglobin A1C Down

Negatives:

Hematocrit went from 47.8 to 50.4 (just above the ref range of 50)  - frustrated a little with this b/c this was diarrhea elevated - shitty timing for the runs (pun intended)...AND to top it off, I was going to give blood a few days before, but scewed up my appointment day and missed it!  Grrrr.......

PSA a little elevated from last time, but still low.

Estradiol 232 pmol/L (above high of range 162)  - but I feel fine, libido still boosted etc...

Edit: Ha! Bioavailable Test just came in: 10.7 (up from 4.0) nmol/L  

Will see what Doc says, but thinking an AI is premature at this point??

Strange

Vitamin D down a little despite same supplementation and WAY more time in the sun - don't get it.

Non-blood test results:

My diet has been mostly excellent - doing time-restricted eating (12-7pm), down about 25lbs - waist AT LEAST 4 inches smaller now.  Abs getting more visible every day.  Strongest ever in upper body! - WoooHooo!  This has NEVER happened before when I was natural (strength gains when losing weight) - love this!

Lower body good too, but I don't push to the limit any more - back/hip issues - but maintenance is great.  Libido and mood wayyyy up!

Really pleased with the positive effects of low doses - can't wait to boost it up a little and see what happens.

Edited by BobTheOldLifter

6 hours ago, BobTheOldLifter said:

Overall, I'm pleased, but one thing kinda frustrates me.

Basically this is from 100mg/wk tTest and 25mg/day DHEA (with just a couple 'extra' pins).  Didn't want to skew results though b/c I want to maximize prescription, and I'm in this for the long-term.

I'll update with my Bioavailable Test and DHEA when completed (takes a little longer I guess).  Strangely, total test levels wasn't ordered for this blood test - thinking just b/c perhaps doc only cares about the bioavailable number.

Positives:

HDL Up, LDL Down

Hemoglobin A1C Down

Negatives:

Hematocrit went from 47.8 to 50.4 (just above the ref range of 50)  - frustrated a little with this b/c this was diarrhea elevated - shitty timing for the runs (pun intended)...AND to top it off, I was going to give blood a few days before, but scewed up my appointment day and missed it!  Grrrr.......

PSA a little elevated from last time, but still low.

Estradiol 232 pmol/L (above high of range 162)  - but I feel fine, libido still boosted etc...

Edit: Ha! Bioavailable Test just came in: 10.7 (up from 4.0) nmol/L  

Will see what Doc says, but thinking an AI is premature at this point??

Strange

Vitamin D down a little despite same supplementation and WAY more time in the sun - don't get it.

Non-blood test results:

My diet has been mostly excellent - doing time-restricted eating (12-7pm), down about 25lbs - waist AT LEAST 4 inches smaller now.  Abs getting more visible every day.  Strongest ever in upper body! - WoooHooo!  This has NEVER happened before when I was natural (strength gains when losing weight) - love this!

Lower body good too, but I don't push to the limit any more - back/hip issues - but maintenance is great.  Libido and mood wayyyy up!

Really pleased with the positive effects of low doses - can't wait to boost it up a little and see what happens.

Remember that range is something the Labs set not really clinically based. So currently you are at 63 pg/ml and Dr. Rand Mclain says he likes to keep his patients in the 15-20 pg/ml range so take what you want from that. He even says that a lot of docs say as long as you are in the "range" you're fine but you're even above the top of the range...If it was me I'd be bringing that level down regardless of how I was feeling. Or at the least bringing it in range unless I started feeling neg effects as a result of bringing it down. Just my 2 cents!

Ya know what just occured to me? Did you have the "Sensitive Estradiol" assay done or just the regular one? If you went to CML/Life Labs it was the regular one as they don't even offer the other and as they are the most commonly used Lab...

Anyway if thats where you went then that number is off likely by a few football fields and means squat really and that would totally explain the high number and you feeling completely good and no neg symptoms! If you're not sure the easy way to know is the reg one is free and the other you have to pay for like $33 I think it is!

• Like 1

Yeah, lifelabs so I guess it was the regular one.

Interesting...thanks.

Have to hand it to my doc though.  He just called and advised me to go give blood before taking next injection.   

Guess I'm a blood donor now! Hey,  it's a good thing.  

I'll give him a hard time next week (jokingly) and ask him if he can hook me up with some leeches so I don't have to drive so far to give blood.  See what he says.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobTheOldLifter said:

Yeah, lifelabs so I guess it was the regular one.

Interesting...thanks.

Have to hand it to my doc though.  He just called and advised me to go give blood before taking next injection.   

Guess I'm a blood donor now! Hey,  it's a good thing.  

I'll give him a hard time next week (jokingly) and ask him if he can hook me up with some leeches so I don't have to drive so far to give blood.  See what he says.. 

Ya there you go. I'll bet your E levels are fine then based on how good you feel. If theres a "DynaLabs" location near you they have the other test if you want to get it done.