Bloating

4 hours ago, millenium girl said:

Not sure which foods are causing this but it looks as if I've put on weight. It is pissing me off. 

I'm vegan and eat veggies, fruit, plant based yoghurt and quark. I recently added fermented foods like kimchi and drinks (Kombucha).

Well there could be a couple ways to look at it.

First, if you recently increased your fiber content that can cause some GI distress - I've also found that past a certain point some people can't handle certain levels of fiber.

Second, (where I think the issue actually is) you added fermented foods to your diet, was this because of the bloating? Because adding probiotic rich foods can cause gas and bloating right out of the gate (which then typically subsides), HOWEVER it can cause major bloating if taken around high fiber containing foods. 

Third and final point - I'd look into FODMAPS.

Hope that helps 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, Corey5150 said:

Well there could be a couple ways to look at it.

First, if you recently increased your fiber content that can cause some GI distress - I've also found that past a certain point some people can't handle certain levels of fiber.

Second, (where I think the issue actually is) you added fermented foods to your diet, was this because of the bloating? Because adding probiotic rich foods can cause gas and bloating right out of the gate (which then typically subsides), HOWEVER it can cause major bloating if taken around high fiber containing foods. 

Third and final point - I'd look into FODMAPS.

Hope that helps 🙂

Thank you for your input @Corey5150. I'm not bloated upon waking up but around noon it is so bad that it's as if I've put on weight 😞

I think that carbs and too much (Himalayan) salt are the culprit. I have been diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity but I love bread so much that I eat some twice a week 😞

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mackmack403 said:

Hey! Few Qs for younmaybe I can help. How much water are you drinking daily? Are you taking any nutritional supplements? Do you feel the the bloat is localized to your stomach or do you get that feeling kind of everywhere?

Hey,

I don't drink enough water (bloodwork shows signs of dehydration).

The only supps that I take are magnesium, a vit B complex, turmeric and ginger. I also add spices to everything I eat (miso, wasabi, pepper, fennel, cardamon, you name it, I use a lot more than I should).

Definitely try to get that water up! Especially if you're consuming lots of salt you want try to move that out a bit with more water. Also track a few days of your diet on myfitnesspal to see your macronutrient ratio on average - if you're eating high carb (35%+ of your daily macro intake) this can also cause water retention and a bloated feeling. You could also supplementing some vitamin C, some people have good results with this reducing feeling bloated. Hope that helps you get it sorted!