MK677 and Weed

therealj

6 hours ago, therealj said:

Not an ideal combo if you can't control downright hunger with the munchies, I might have to lay off the nightly vape while using MK or this cut is going to turn into a bulk.

To each their own but it really surprises me how often I see the topic of weed coming up relating to questions people have in "Fitness" forums. IMHO, if you're trying to optimize, get fit, be the best version of yourself that you can be, or even just trying to be more healthy, where the heck does anyone get the idea that weed has any place in there at all? There is 0 argument to be made that it's either good for you or not bad for you so it really doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, again, to each their own, but to me, adding weed in to the equation makes about as much sense as our Canadian govt saying "Legalization will keep weed out of the hands of our children", in other words, 0 sense!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

To each their own but it really surprises me how often I see the topic of weed coming up relating to questions people have in "Fitness" forums. IMHO, if you're trying to optimize, get fit, be the best version of yourself that you can be, or even just trying to be more healthy, where the heck does anyone get the idea that weed has any place in there at all? There is 0 argument to be made that it's either good for you or not bad for you so it really doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, again, to each their own, but to me, adding weed in to the equation makes about as much sense as our Canadian govt saying "Legalization will keep weed out of the hands of our children", in other words, 0 sense!

Of the myriad of drugs that are talked about on these forums in the pursuit of health and fitness weed is the one you don't understand? Like you said to each their own, but to say there's zero benefit to THC/CBD is a completely antiqued point of view.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, therealj said:

Of the myriad of drugs that are talked about on these forums in the pursuit of health and fitness weed is the one you don't understand? Like you said to each their own, but to say there's zero benefit to THC/CBD is a completely antiqued point of view.

I didn't say there was no benefit specifically, I said there's no argument to be made that it's good for you and I didnt mention CBD, we were speaking specifically of weed if I am not mistaken.

Unlike the myriad of other substances, excepting certain SARMS, there is a boatload of study data pointing toward the benefits, as well as the harms possibly involved. To this day there are still alkaloid compunds in weed that no one has any clue what they do and we are just starting to see some of the long term effects that seemed to have gone unnoticed previously. But speaking more directly to fitness, muscle building, endurance etc., I'd absolutely love to hear an argument made where weed benefits any of that and there is absolutely any credible research to support it.

50 minutes ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

I didn't say there was no benefit specifically, I said there's no argument to be made that it's good for you and I didnt mention CBD, we were speaking specifically of weed if I am not mistaken.

Unlike the myriad of other substances, excepting certain SARMS, there is a boatload of study data pointing toward the benefits, as well as the harms possibly involved. To this day there are still alkaloid compunds in weed that no one has any clue what they do and we are just starting to see some of the long term effects that seemed to have gone unnoticed previously. But speaking more directly to fitness, muscle building, endurance etc., I'd absolutely love to hear an argument made where weed benefits any of that and there is absolutely any credible research to support it.

To say there's zero argument it's good for you is a false statement, like anything everything we ingest or inject in the pursuit of "better" there are pros and cons to everything, from Testosterone to weed, to buprofen etc. For me, it's the following benefits that has me a cannabis user

1. Pain relief, specifically joint pain - helps in the gym
  2. Better sleep - helps in the gym
  3. Mood elevation/anti anxiety/ depression relief

The ingestion of cannabis to aid these ailments make a hell of a lot more sense than taking three different drug compounds from big pharma that also come with their own host of potential sides/dependency factors. I'm in my 40's and didn't start regular cannabis use until really the last 5-6 years, it's not about getting "high" for me or many other users, but once in awhile is that a fun benefit while watching some netflix, sure.

As far as the whole THC/CBD they are the natural compounds found in cannabis and with regulation consumers are able to make educated choices on finding the right ratio to achieve the results they are looking for. The CBD dropper I use in the morning for joint pain and mood elevation has a much lower THC content than the vape I hit before going to sleep. In terms of studies, googles your friend if you care, I've spent enough time on what was really meant to be an innocent joke about the hunger from MK677 and munchies from weed being a bad combo for the waistline.

peace

trj

Edited by therealj

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, therealj said:
  1. Pain relief, specifically joint pain - helps in the gym
  2. Better sleep - helps in the gym
  3. Mood elevation/anti anxiety/ depression relief

here are the three top reasons to take CBD or THC therapy.

thc balm on an injury pretty much takes the pain away instantly, also with Sciatica..... ingesting CBD & ThC absolutely relieves any pain one is suffering from.

I believe that weed is the new natural cure for most ailments, if you aren't using CBD at least! you should be adding it to your daily regime!

• 6 months later...

I’ve never really thought about this.  Smoking weed and working out.  I havnt smoked pot since high school (early 2000s) it was more of a chill out drug back then.  Now I hear the stuff is incredibly super potent.  If I were to smoke this new stuff, I’d probably just sit on a bench and watch the booties on the stair masters lol..   so I can’t give any detailed knowledge of bodybuilding as a stoner.

now the new CBD type oils out there (.003% THC or less) do help my pains and anxiety.  My chiro is also a natural healing practitioner and turned me into CBD oil with my last bad bout with tennis elbow.  I can say that it’s a very nice anti inflammatory, and also helps sleep and mood, without becoming intoxicated in any way.  So I honestly think the whole CBD breakthrough definitely has its place in the fitness world.  But I don’t think I can comment on THC.

i used to take 2 shots of whiskey pre workout back in the day for an instant rush of power.  Does that count? Lol

• Haha 1