Olympia Predictions

Corey5150

16 hours ago, Corey5150 said:

Who is everyone picking for the olympia?

I think Brandon Curry will take the open.

No one will touch Breone in the Classic.

Derek will most likely take the 212... but I'm rooting for John Jewett, at least in second. Guy looks phenomenal!

I think you've got the safest bet.  For all the 'excitement' this Olympia is supposed to bring, it seems pretty boring with already knowing who's going to win.  I would LOVE Dex to win it.  Just bring the same package from the last show and it'll be hard even for Brandon to beat him.  Then Dex can finally retire.  
But honestly it'll probably be
1) Brandon
2) Roelly

3) Dex

4) doesn't matter after that

• Like 1

Curry for open for sure. But curious to see how top 5 play out. I see Winkler and Bonac in the top 3, but this year, could be anyone’s game especially since Bonac ditched his coach at what like 6 weeks out? Plus Jackson does look pretty good, Sandoe May have a shot at cracking the top 5 as well I’m my opinion.

Plus ultra curious to see how Choopan does in open, his conditioning is top notch, but not sure if he’ll have the size to crack top 5-6. Top 10 I’d bet money on. Side not it’s pretty hilarious that he beat flex Lewis to the punch on competing in the open category though!

classic. Breon is pretty much the full package, but Bumstead looks really good this year (of course that’s Instagram) so I wouldn’t put a win past him. He only lost last year by 1 point. 

On 9/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, Corey5150 said:

Who is everyone picking for the olympia?

I think Brandon Curry will take the open.

No one will touch Breone in the Classic.

Derek will most likely take the 212... but I'm rooting for John Jewett, at least in second. Guy looks phenomenal!

Well. After last night I’m gonna have to eat my words. Looks like Choopan is def size enough to play with the big boys. And his conditioning was probs the best up there. I’d say possible top 3 depending on how tonight goes. Jackson and Sandoe both looked off. But I think in sandoes case he’s just super green still as opposed to Jackson who I think is out to pasture. But fuck at 50, the dude still looks amazing. Just not top 5 amazing. 

But still have Curry for the win. He could have been a bit more conditioned but he def has the package in comparison to everyone else win this year.

3 hours ago, Nissan said:

Olympia 2019 Men’s Open Results 

1. Brandon Curry 🏅
2. William Bonac
3. Hadi Choopan
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Roelly Winklaar

Hadi Choopan Wins People Choice Award

For the most part I agree with these. Jackson really dug himself out from Friday night. Curry obviously the clear winner. But honestly, I really thought Choopan was better than Bonac. I thought he had better conditioning and looked (at least the posing illusion of looking) wider and thicker especially in the back. But, I’m not a judge and they didn’t see it that way so it is what it is.  It that last pose down was intense. Making those guys earn it! Great watch this year despite the lack of any of the “big names”.