BodyTech Pharma PreContest Log

airman

19 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

You still thinking about hitting the stage if the show is a go?

Yes, they announced today that they are moving the show from "hot zones" (Toronto) to a less restircted area.  They haven't said where yet, but they did advise athletes to keep their flights booked to Pearson, so I'm guessing probably Hamilton, Burlington or maybe Niagra Falls. 

So it's fish and veggies now for me  lol  (well still some carbs but not as many)

3 hours ago, a_ahmed said:

very good transformation and progress, keep it up man

Thanks Ahmed, appreciate it brother

• 1 month later...

So an update.  Most that compete or follow competitors probably heard that the show got cancelled about 36 hours prior to the show.  Have to give credit to the CPA as they tried their best.   They moved the show initially to Hamilton only to find out a few days later, Hamilton was put in to the red tier.  Moved the show to Kitchener.  Two days later (3 days prior to show) had to move the show to Barrie. 

Everything looked like it was a go, but the province shut them down.  Which is kind of ridiculous.  Barrie wasn't restricted, so they allowed 50 people for indoor gatherings.  The show was still going to be without an audience, judges only, one class at a time, so it would have been maybe a max of 25 people (below the limit).  We were to wear masks on stage, spots were marked out 6 feet apart, and in addition to all that, the CPA was going above and beyond and had cleaners there to disinfect the stage between classes.  And this is why it's ridiculous. The province set rules, CPA met them, and the government said, well no, not good enough, can't hold your event.  So why set the rules?  If you're going to set rules, set them to a level that you want to people to follow.  Don't set them 'low' and raise them when you feel like it.   

/end of rant

Overall, a little disappointed, but not a big deal for me.  The way I look at it, is I didn't really lose money, got in shape and in a good spot to grow now.  I do feel bad for people that flew across the country to only find out there is no show. 

So prior to the show, lowest weight I hit was 235.6lbs. From there I started to carb up and hit about 242lbs when the show got cancelled.  (was planning to dry out over the next couple days).   Here are some shots from the carb up: 

TudrPZFm.jpg

dynx4EMm.jpg

Hi5DWCNm.jpg

gC9qD8Pm.jpg

ZLrhofKm.jpg

So now trying to grow.  Hit 249.6 lbs this morning.  Over the weekend, it was pretty much a free for all diet, but as of Monday I've been doing the following: 

Training Day: 4007 Calories: 448C, 367P, 81F
Rest Day: 2512 Calories: 197C, 279P, 65 F  (Rest Day diet is just meals 1 to 6, no pre/intra/post)

wake up:
2 rice cakes with tablespoon jam
1 scoop whey isolate + coffee

Preworkout drink with 25g Glycerol and 5g creatine

2 Rice Krispies + 8iu Humalog
Intra: 33g Gatorade + 15g EAAs + 25g Glycerol

8iu Humalog
2 Rice Krispies
1 scoop whey isolate + 1 scoop hydrolyzed beef Collagen
5 rice cakes with 3 tblsp Jam

Meal 1:
120g Cream of Rice 
1.5 scoop Whey Isolate
100g Flank Steak

Meal 2:
200g White fish or chicken breast
150g Rice
Veggies

Meal 3:
Tuna
Veggies

Meal 4:
200g White fish or chicken breast
150g Rice
Veggies

Meal 5: 
200g Salmon
200g Sweet Potato
Veggies

Meal 6:
2 tblsp Peanut Butter
2 scoops Whey Isolate

As far as gear I'm running the following: 

125mg Test E ed
25mg Ment ed
50mg Test Prop ed
50mg Tren Ace ed
50mg Mast Prop ed
100mg Anadrol 

The Test P/Tren A/Mast P will be done this week.   Was just finishing up what I had left over.  I'm contemplating in keeping Tren Ace for another 3 or 4 weeks or so, as I'm trying to make the best of my rebound.  Haven't made up my mind yet though. 

The anadrol is amazing.  Haven't ran it in a while, and the fullness I'm getting is unreal.  I think it might become a staple in my off season, 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off.  

All gear from BT of course 😄

Current workout split is: 

Chest biceps
Quads
Delts Triceps
Back Traps
Hamstrings Biceps

With weekends off.   Been soaking up all the info from Patrick Tuor I can, and pretty much doing his SST style training as best as I can.  Lot's of Rest Pause, cluster sets, iso holds, slow concentric and eccentric, extended rest pause, and drop sets intensity techniques.  Basically I'm trying to make each work set as difficult as possible.  So far enjoying it and feel it's working great.  I would prefer to split the rest days, but with the gym shutdowns and my limited access to a gym, working out only during the week is just more suitable right now.  

Here is a pic from this morning.  I think you can see the fullness I'm talking about, and this was after a hamstrings day lol.  

g5nz6Ghm.jpg

So everything going well so far.  Planning to give it my all over the next few months.  Treat the off season like a prep.  Getting old, so figured, give it 100% and compete one last time to see where I stand.  See if I can take some overalls.  If not, at least I know I gave it all, and then I can focus more on 'health' rather then trying to get 'big' (which hasn't been working anyways lol). 

19 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

Fak man @airman that sucks about the show; but your pretty damn shripped now which in itself is its own reward as you said. 

Any new shows targeted?  

Will probably do the Toronto Pro in June 2021 (if this whole mess is over by then), then also have the other options just as this year; North Americans end  of August, or Canadian Nationals in October. 

See what happens, right now, just happy I still have access to a gym, and I'm not worried as much about actual shows, but more on making real progress.  Like I said earlier, I'm usually very focused in "prep" so I want to see what I can achieve with the prep mentality in the off season.  If I don't make significant improvements, then I will know I'm not really cut out for this, not worry about competing, just focus on being that old guy in good shape lol...

But not jinx myself, since it's been only a week, but I'm seeing some real good changes.  Just the way I filled out a t shirt today, had me do a double take in the mirror.  Actually looked thicker, with actual traps and thicker shoulder.  Like a bodybuilder lol.... sounds funny, but I've always been the tall lanky guy, so it's a nice change to see a "more bodybuilder like look"... still a far cry from a bodybuilder but you know what I mean ha ha 

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, airman said:

A little update. Prep is going great so far. Getting hungry now.  My calories didn't change too much, but I think my metabolism is just in overdrive now.  Ended up cheating a few times with some extra carbs before bed.  Not good, but not doing too much damage.  Just under 3 weeks out now.  So no more cheats lol....  Want to come in as peeled as possible, hopefully without looking lanky. 

The injectable Stanolone is doing it's job.  Been on it for just about 2 weeks now, and getting dryer daily.  Seems my skin is thinning out and noticing new veins everyday.  Doing 50mg (1ml) everyday.  Think will just stay at that dose. 

Also started halotestin on the weekend. First day just tried 10mg to test the waters, then bumped to 20mg now at 30mg.  Will bring it up to 40mg for a week or so, and then pyramid back down before the contest.   Taking it all preworkout, getting great pumps and feeling strong.  A bit too strong sometimes, so have to control myself.  Just at times, I feel so damn dry that it feels like something is going to rip...  So just trying to be aware of it, and scale back when needed. 

Picture is from the weekend.  Will post a back shot tomorrow.  

I'm really happy I found BodyTech.  Everything is working like it's supposed to (or even better) and I don't probably don't even have to mention, how great the service is.  These guys go way beyond of what I'd ever expect from anyone.  Making my prep stress free. 

If anyone has any questions, let me know. 

Cheers. 

20190928_frontdry.jpg

Goddamn looking freakin good

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok time to give this a much needed update.  Back into prep now. 

So we are finally opening gyms here in a couple days.  It’s been a long, horrible year.  So far in 2021, I’ve only had access to a gym for 6 weeks.  Started off the year in a lock down, then mid-February, I got the opportunity to access a gym, and then we went into a “4 week” lockdown on April 2 that has lasted 15 weeks.

Luckily from past experiences, as soon as they announced the last lockdown, I knew it wouldn’t be only 4 weeks, and I managed to pickup a rack, some weights and a bench.  Cost me a fortune, but it was well worth it.

However, even though I did manage to continue to workout, the progress (if any) has been miniscule.
Just not the same when you are limited to a barbell.  Did the basics as much as my old man body allowed me, but man I look forward to being back in a fully equipped gym.

The highest weight I reached was 262lbs, for the last 6 weeks, I’ve been slowly dieting down, and I’m hovering now between 244 and 247, depending on diet/refeeds.

The weight drop is good, but I looked a lot different last November at 247lbs.  Now that was a post contest rebound, so that’s pretty much expected.

As always (it has been my only source for the last couple years) I’ve been using Bodytech Pharma, and will be doing so this prep. 

I started 6 weeks ago, and the plan was to run 500 Test E, 400 Tren E, and 400 Mast E.  However, due to lazyiness, loss of motivation, and maybe just being tired of pinning, it was more like 250 Teste E, 200 Tren E, and 200 Mast E for those weeks.  Maybe a couple times I got 2 shots in for the week, but mostly it was once a week, or every 6 days. 

But with the gyms opening, it looks like there is a very good chance, I will be competing in 9 weeks and possibly 7 weeks.  In 9 weeks I plan to do Canadian Nationals (September 18), and if everything goes well, no issues with the border, and I’m ready in time, I hope to also do the North Americans in 7 weeks (September 1st).  North Americans is the only show I competed in last year, and only had 5 weeks back in the gym and still managed to place 4th.  So hoping, I’m in a much better spot now. 

So no more missing shots, and I’m planning to bump the oils this week to the following:

750 Test E
600 Tren E
600 Mast E

Next week will thrown in Clen at 50mcg daily, and will probably start oral winstrol at 50mg per day.  Hoping the winstrol will give me a nice quick boost being back in the gym.

Will continue that, and then later thinking about throwing in Anavar, and the last couple weeks Anadrol (if I’m conditioned enough).  I did that last year, getting ready for the Canadian Nationals which later turned into the TO Pro Qualifier, which ended up getting cancelled the day before the show.  It sucked getting ready for 4 months, I think I had my best look ever.  It was the first time I tried Anadrol on prep, and BT Pharma did not disappoint.   Got super full, and had a whole new look (being tall I normally look lanky imo)

Diet is as Follows:

Upon Waking:
1 scoop Protein Shake
Pre-Workout
Intra Workout of: 20g EAAS, 30g Dextrose (Gatorade), 5 to 10g Creatine
1 scoop Protein Shake Post Workout
Meal 1:
100g Cream of Rice
2 scoop Protein
50g mixed berries
Meal 2:
170g (cooked weight) Rice
200g Chicken Breast
Handful mixed veggies (stir fry mix)
Meal 3:
Can of Tuna
Couple Cups of Spring Mix/Kale/Arugula
Meal 4:
220g Basa Loins
Meal 5*:
200g Chicken Breast

* Sometimes I replace this meal with a couple Chicken breast burgers with cheese, or a Cheesburger and a Chicken burger (homemade), if I dropped weight too quickly or extra hungry.  Will probably stop now, but so far been doing it every few days.

This is about 2675 Calories per day, 305g Protein, 286g Carbs, and 33g Fat. 

If I do the Chicken burgers for lunch, it bumps it up to just over 3000 calories.

As far as cardio, have done any yet other than walking the dog a couple times a day. 

Once gym open up (this Friday), I plan to start off with a Push Pull Legs workout.  Will probably adjust in a couple weeks, to focus on what I need to bring up (arms, shoulders, chest), so it might be push pull legs push pull shoulder/arms legs.  Will take off days as needed.  Will probably have to force myself, as the mistake I did last year, I think I never took a day off for 5 weeks once the gyms opened ha ha….  Not the smartest move.

Anyways, will update more (and regularly) once I'm back in the gym.  Will provide diet/gear updates, workouts etc if there is interest in following it.  

Here is a couple pics from back near the end of May vs this week.  

XvUDP4Nm.jpg

N7HLDX6m.jpg

• Like 1

So today was the first day back in a real gym.  Was fantastic. 

Perfect timing from BT (awesome quick service as usual), so as of yesterday started 50mg Winstrol daily, and 50mcg Clen.  Missed my shot this morning, but plan on doing it tonight to get my weekly dosage up to 750 Test, 600 Tren E, and 600 Mast E.

I tried to take it easy back in the gym with not many intensifiers sets but over did a bit on the variety of exercises.  Hey it’s been a while since I had the opportunity to use the machines.   

Did a push workout this morning, and it went as follows:

4 sets of Calves, warmed up shoulders with some band work, and pecs on a pec deck.

(only work sets listed, taken to failure)

Incline Dumbbell Press  work set x 11 reps, backoff set x 15 reps
Hammer Strength ISO Incline Press   work set x 8 reps, backoff set x 12 reps
Hammer Strength Flat Machine Bench Press workset x 9 reps
Nautilus Vertical Chest Press  2 sets (increasing weights) x 10 reps,  x 9 reps
LifeFitness Pec Deck  1 set x 20 reps, 1 set x 12 reps

Hammer Strength ISO Shoulder Press  Triple Rest Pause Set: x12 x 2 x 2
Atlantis Machine Standing Lateral  3 sets (increasing weight): x 20 reps, 19 reps, 10 reps

Cybex Plate Loaded Shoulder Press                        x14 reps               x 5 reps
SuperSet with Cybex Machine Seated Lateral    x 15 reps               x 18 reps

Underhand Cable Fly                                    x18 reps               x15 reps
SuperSet with Rope Pushdown                 x15 reps               x14 reps

Cable Fly                                                          x10 reps               x10 reps
Superset with Weighted Dips                    x12                        x10

Overall a great workout.  Not where I used to be, but got a great pump.  Will take a couple weeks to be 100%.  A little too much chit chat this morning, was almost an hour late for work, but hey first day at the gym lol.

Weight this morning was 244.8 lbs.  Diet still on point.  Might introduce some cardio next week, haven’t made up my mind yet.

A couple pics from this morning below:

BLGufDYm.jpg

IswkidZm.jpg

3 day update.  Over the weekend hit my lowest weight yet of 243lbs.  This morning was back up to 245.2lbs.   Getting tighter.  For sure part of is the BT Clen I added in.  Started off at 50mcg for three or 4 days, then bumped it to 100mcg.  Don’t see the need to go higher than that.  I’ve used other Clen before but nothing hits me like Bodytech.  I never really felt negative sides from clen.  But as soon as I increased this to 100mcg, within half hour, I felt it working.  Take in on empty stomach, and feel almost a slight nausa when it kicks in.  Nothing bad, but I know I’m on a stimulant. 

Also, added in 50mg of Winstrol daily.   Looking at pictures of previous preps, I think I’m a bit behind, so for the next 6 weeks I think I will have to go all out.  Could also just be my prep brain already kicking in.  Either way, I think I’m going to order Anavar and add it at 50mg a day.  Will also order some Anadarol and use it the last 2 or 3 weeks to fill out. 

My game plan now is, to go hard on the diet, get lean as quick as I can, and then use a couple weeks to put some water back in the muscle. 

As of yesterday, I decided to add cardio in.  Will head to the gym at lunch hour and do 20 minutes on the stepmill.  Nothing crazy, but burn some calories and hopefully keep the metabolism firing.

As far as my workout split, I was going to do pull/push/legs/off, but the excitement of being back in the gym, and the feeling like I really have some catching up to do/rebuilding, I decided to go with:

Back + 1 set bicep
Chest + 1 shoulder press, 3 side lateral sets
Legs
Shoulders + Arms (3 x tricep, 3 times bicep)
Repeat

Not going to take days off, unless I feel I need to.  I think the shoulder + arm day will be almost like a rest day, nothing crazy.  Will play it by ear and see how it goes.

Workouts since the last update were as follows:

Saturday Back:
D-Hangle single arm pulldown (lower lat focus) x 2 sets
Chest supported wide row x 2 sets (call this machine the humbler cause with proper form, it’s tough to do a plate a side)
Mag-Grip (medium) pulldown x 2 sets
HS ISO Pulldown x 2 sets
HS Low Row x 2 sets
Seated Machine Row (plate loaded, no name brand machine) x 2 sets

Sunday Legs:
LF Seated Leg Curl warm up sets + x2 worksets
Cybex Adductor x 2 sets
Atlantis Hack, x 2 sets (10 reps, 15 reps)
Cybex Vertical Press x 2 sets
No Name Pendulum style squat x 2 sets (not a real pendulum, won’t be doing it anymore)
LF Lying leg curl x 2 sets
HS Plate Loaded Leg Extension x 2 sets

Monday Arms:
Rope Pushdown: warmup sets + 2 worksets
HS Plate Loaded Dip x 2 sets
Nautilus Plate Loaded overhead tricep extension x 3 sets

Cable Curls x 2 sets
Cybex Preacher Curl x 2 sets
Seated Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curls x 2 sets

Tuesday Back:
D-Handle single arm pulldown (lower lat focus) x 2 sets
Chest supported wide row x 2 sets (call this machine the humbler cause with proper form, it’s tough to do a plate a side)
HS Seated Plate Loaded Row 1 workset + 1 cluster set of 5x4
HS ISO Pulldown (plate loaded) 1 workset + 1 set of “5 in the hole”*
Wide grip Assisted pullups x 1 set
Close Neutral Grip Pullups x 1 set to failure (bodyweight)

*”5 in the Hole” is a 1 continues set consisting of:

5 full reps, on the 5th in fully concentric do 5 partial reps
4 full reps, on the 5th in fully concentric do 5 partial reps
3 full reps, 5 partials
2 full reps, 5 partials
1 full rep, 5 partials

Gives a crazy pump.   Pick a weight you can do for 15 reps or so, as this will destroy you.

Pic taken post workout this morning.  Could just be the better gym lighting, but I’m happy with the details coming in.

pPa6srrm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So even with the added cardio, my weight was not budging.  In fact, it would randomly fluctuate up (got up as high as 247lbs).  Was hoping that it was a “recomp effect” but I don’t think I have the time to see.  

So adjusted my food.  It’s pretty much the same, just removed some carbs.  My only carbs are only pre, intra, and post training. Meals 2 to 5 are pretty much protein and veggies (with trace carbs from sauces).  I did add an additional 25 to 30g carbs immediately post workout from cereal (just to hold me over on the drive to work where I eat my cream of rice).  

Current macros are roughly: 315 Protein, 154 Carbs, 32g Fats for approximately 2169 Calories. 

Been doing this for about a week, and it’s working.  Dropped from 245lbs to 241.4lbs this morning.  Will keep pushing until I hit 240lbs (hopefully in a couple days), and refeed by adding carbs back into my meals, then go do it again. 

Main reason why I’m pushing hard, is I pretty much have until August 11th to decide whether I will do North Americans or just focus on Canadian Nationals which is 2 weeks later.  With the borders closed, and having to fly, I don’t want to commit unless I know I’m going to be very competitive.  As to why I have to decide by August 11th, is because of the extra $250 USD late registration fee.  With travel and all other expenses, I can’t justify spending $500 for registration for just a single class. That’s like $10K Canadian :laugh1: j/king 

Still hitting the gym every day.  However, couple days are pretty much ‘off days’.  Mainly still going, because of my sleep schedule, waking me up so early with nothing to do, and the fact that I’m still excited to be back at the gym after months of lockdowns. 

Won’t bore you with the actual exercises, but my split looked like this: 

Monday: Shoulder & Arms: 2 set sh. press, 4 sets laterals, 4 sets triceps, 4 sets biceps (pretty much off)

Tuesday: Back

Wed: Chest + 2 sets shoulders

Thursday: Legs: 2 sets hamstring curl, 2 set adductors, 1 set Hack (off day)

Friday: Arms: 6 sets triceps, 4 sets biceps

Saturday: Back & rear delts

Sunday: Chest

Monday: Legs

Tuesday: Shoulders

Wednesday: Arms

Also, pretty much every workout I start with 4 to 5 sets of Calves, a couple sets of Reverse Hyper, and as of the last few days, a 3 to 5 sets Abs.  Plan to do this every day (depending on soreness). 

Clen still at 100mcg (doing it’s job).  250 Test E, 200 Tren E, 200 Mast E pinned 3 times weekly, and 50mg (oral)  Winstrol daily. 

Here is a pic from this morning.  Wasn’t too impressed in the last week (that prep mind messing with me, was contemplating not even competing this year lol) but I can see progress this morning.

4N5E1WUl.jpg

• Like 1

Just a quick update.  Hit a low weight of 239.8, but weight is back up hovering around 243lbs now.  However, in the mirror and pictures, I see my self getting tighter but yet fuller.  So not complaining.  Still pretty much the same workouts.  Weekdays hitting the stepmill at lunch for 20 to 25 minutes, start my day off with about 5000 steps, and according to my smartwatch I'm hitting about 15,000 steps per day.  So I think my cardio is pretty good at the moment. 

Only change I made, is the last couple days I bumped up clen to 150mcg.  Probably didn't need to, but you get that prep brain sometimes, and think "might as well get leaner faster".  Not sure I will keep it that high for, but feeling pretty good, so I will see where it takes me.  

A couple pics from today after a back session. 

aDD0ldRl.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGains said:

Damn bro, you’ve got some serious flow. How tall are you man? If I had to guess I’d say 6’2-6’4. Very impressive stuff.

6'5" , or at least that's what I've always claimed (might have shrunk a bit with age) 😄

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Just a quick update.  BT has got me flying now.  Hit a new low weight of 238.4.  Everything still the same, strength going up.  Only change I had to make is to bring down the clen back down to 100mcg.  Going to 150mcg was a mistake lol.  After a couple days, I just felt off.  I didn't measure, but I suspect my blood pressure was high.  The stuff is seriously potent.  There was no need to raise it to 150mcg (probably can stay at 50mcg ha ha) but I felt victim to the "more is better" mentality; and as most of us know, it's not true.  Especially if the stuff is on point.  

Attach is a 15 week comparison pic.  256.2 lbs to 238.8 lbs.  Out of the 15 weeks, 11.5 was only home workouts, and the last 3.5 weeks finally back in the gym.  Happy with the progress.  Reached the stage, where I'm starting to see new lines, and seem to be getting leaner daily.  Hopefully the momentum continues. 

xsBxvRJm.jpg

• Like 2

Clen, at least in me and from what I’ve read in studies generally will lower diastolic. But shit, when you heads banging and your hearts racing it sure does feel like it. Anything over 100 for me is to much too. Especially if it’s vet grade/human grade/or BT.

love the log man. Def following along. You got a whacky back man. Respect.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrGains said:

Clen, at least in me and from what I’ve read in studies generally will lower diastolic. But shit, when you heads banging and your hearts racing it sure does feel like it. Anything over 100 for me is to much too. Especially if it’s vet grade/human grade/or BT.

love the log man. Def following along. You got a whacky back man. Respect.

Appreciate it Mr. Gains.  Yeah not sure if blood pressure was high, or low, all I know is I didn't feel right.  Not sure how to explain it, it was as if I had faint ocean sounds in my head ha ha...  but as soon as I lowered it back down, felt great again. 

There was no reason for the increase anyways, as I'm leaning out fairly well.  Just a stupid prep brain decision 😄

Just a quick update.  Started 50mg Anavar today.  Weight hit it's lowest yet this morning at 238lbs.  Still feeling great, not suffering at all.  I think I'm getting fairly flat, but since I'm still getting pumps in the gym, I think I will hold off on refeeds and keep pushing along.  I'm still getting around 120g carbs daily (nothing compared to offseason, but don't want to slow down losing bf).   

With now Anavar and Winstrol in, thinking about lowering the injectables to only two shots a week.  Not because of any negative side effects, but I don't think I will miss out on anything dropping to 500 Test, 400 Tren, 400 Mast.  Still a good dose especially with the orals, so why stress the system more than it needs to be?   Something to ponder this weekend.  If you have some advice, it would be appreciated. 

A relaxed pic from this morning.  Might just be a magic mirror, but I'm starting to like how everything is taking shape 🙂

5 weeks out now. 

tUC08aPm.jpg

• Like 2