BodyTech Pharma PreContest Log

airman

Brother that placing is nothing to sneeze at you looked great trained hard , I’m saying congrats for a job well done , it takes dedication in most don’t have, be proud of yourself man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 5:58 PM, CapeBretonDadBod said:

Brother that placing is nothing to sneeze at you looked great trained hard , I’m saying congrats for a job well done , it takes dedication in most don’t have, be proud of yourself man.

Thank you.  I'm definetly happy with the placing.  A huge improvement for me from last year, and looking at the video it was really close.  Also had a couple different IFBB pros that don't even know me that well, tell me that they watched my class and had me winning.  Made me feel great, because unlike coming from someone like my wife or mom lol, they actually know what they are looking at and have no reason to boost my ego.  So pumped to make some improvements now, and kill it next year. 

On 10/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Physlifter said:

2nd place??! NOT GOOD ENOUGH! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn man super impressive!!  But you have leggggggggggggggggs you could do classic as well!!  You looked frickin great!

Thanks Physlifter.  Have wanted to do classic for a long time, but I was only 236lbs on stage and my weight limit for classic is 252lbs.  I know it's not all about the weight, but I'm quite a bit under the limit and I think especially at my height I need to maximize my weight in order to not look lanky on stage. 

Hopefully the next few months will be productive and I will give it a shot next season. 

• 1 month later...

So been slacking on posting updates.  Just got busy getting back into swing of things, catching up on things at work that I ignored during prep etc. 

Sitting now at around 255lbs, and have been for the last couple weeks (if not more).  Just started a cruise this week, which I will continue until at least the New Year.  Post show, ran a bunch of stuff, trying to take advantage of a rebound.  Did Test Prop daily at 50mg, MENT at 25mgs daily, then for about 4 weeks added 50mg NPP daily.  Also for about 3 weeks tried IGF-LR3 at 50mcg pre workout. Was also doing 3IU gh, split into 1.5iu morning and 1.5iu pre bed.   All BT supplements. 

Diet has been 'ok'.  Stuck to a main clean off season diet, but added tons of extra sugary carbs.  I'm like a crack head when it comes to sugar.  But I have it under control now 🙂

Overall not bad, condition could be better but pretty good considering I'm up 20lbs and was eating junk every night.   It was my first time doing MENT and noticed a lot fuller look.  Like it.  With the IGF, I got crazy pumps.  Not sure if it's just the extra food but at times they were ridiculous.  For example, did a light warm up on a bike for 15 minutes before doing legs.  Nothing crazy, like on level 5 to 7 out of 20.  Got off and went to do lying leg curls, and couldn't do them because my quads felt like they were going to rip off, like they were contracting so hard, with so much blood from the bike, I couldn't bend my leg.  Had to take an extra 15 to 20 minutes, to relax, and stretch them out before proceeding with my workout. 

So now the plan is around 200mg Test E per week, and GH 2iu pre bed. Ride this out for a bit and try to hang on to everything (hopefully continue to grow).  Diet will be perfect now, since I can't rely on extra supps as a crutch.  

Pic of current condition attached, taken a couple days ago. 

Nov29 o4NoDJ1.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, CapeBretonDadBod said:

Shoulders and arms look amazing man !

Thank you.  Shoulders is something I was told (and already knew) I have to bring up.  So it's a priority for me this year. 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, GameChanger said:

Looking solid as ever brother. You're an inspiration and role model 

Thanks GameChanger, couldn't do it without your help.  Much appreciated. 

7 hours ago, BodyTechPharma said:

Any plans for future competitions? 

Right now it looks like most likely I'll be doing the North Americans in August.  There was talk about doing the Arnold Amateur in March, but after speaking with my coach, he doesn't think it is wise to do.  Thinks it's not enough time to make significant improvements, and then shortens the time time to improve/prepare for North Americans.  But it would have been fun to do, just to step on that stage. 

Might also do the Toronto Pro in June, but not set in stone.  Depends how I'm looking in the spring. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 5:09 PM, BodyTechPharma said:

Can't wait to see the progress my friend! You should do well at the NA's

Thank you my friend. 

On 1/6/2020 at 1:56 PM, Lightsout85 said:

Very good log, great detail!

You mention your coach a few times, care to share who it is?

I'm being coached by Mike Davies.  It's my first time using a coach, but exactly what I was looking for.  He is priced very fairly, initial diet plan is $75 USD, and diet updates are $35 USD.  However, he only has me doing diet updates every 3 weeks.  When I do text him pics in preps, he will tell me to grab a cheat meal when looking flat, but the diet stays the same.  He's been doing this for over 20 years, and has so far turned 319 people into IFBB pros.  Coached a couple Ms Olympia's in Fitness.  His food choices/meals are great not the usual broccoli chicken and rice.  When I started with him, I was already lean so it wasn't a tough job for him, but the main reason I got a coach this year is that in the past I've always sabotaged myself and over dieted or just did some stupid peak week things.  Need him for his expertise, and leave the decision making to him.  He is the kind of guy that if he tells you, you look good you actually look good, and if not he has no problem to say you look like shit. 

Overall just reminds me of a real coach, the kind of coaches I had when I played basketball, that would really push me and expect the best from me.   Happy I went with him. 

• Like 1

So just a little update.  Had a shitty Christmas break.  A couple days before Christmas, threw my back out doing squats (been saying this every year, but now I really mean it, no more doing squats or at least not heavy squats).  Was pretty much couch bound for almost two weeks.  First week back at the gym, still couldn't give it 100% even on upper body, but things are getting better.  Finally did a light leg workout last week, and while it was far from a great workout, it felt good to get some blood pumping in the legs.  Upperbody is pretty good.  Lower back is still stiff and achy in the morning, but can workout (mostly machines) and starting to feel like my old self.  

Was crusing the whole time, kept diet in check, so not too bad overall.  Held my weight at around 252.  Just started a Test Deca cycle.  Will be doing 750 Test, and 450 Deca.  Thinking about adding 300 DHB, and throw in Anadrol for a couple weeks at some point. 

Hope everyone is doing well and had a better Christmas than me. 

• 3 months later...

Well this off season has not been the greatest.  As mentioned in my previous post, battled a back injury for a couple weeks.  Then last week of February had a bad flu (mabye Covid, no idea), but I was off work for a couple weeks, couldn't eat, and lost 16lbs. Got back to the gym for a couple weeks and then we had the shutdown. 

Been doing home workouts as best I could, mostly upper body.  Just using a pair of adjustable dumbbells (max 65lbs), resistance bands, and build myself a pull-up and dip station.  Ate my way back up to over 260lbs.  Been hanging between 260 to 265 the last 3 weeks or so.  This morning was 260lbs. 

Not sure if the show will happen, but planning on doing North Americans on Sept 4. So starting prep this weekend.  With the borders still closed, no gyms open, it doesn't feel like there is a point to prep, but hoping we get over this soon.  And I'm thinking in the end it doesn't matter, if the show doesn't happen at least I will be in shape for the summer. 

Got 14 weeks to go.  Below is me in contest shape at 234 vs my 260 now.  Hoping even with all the bs this year, there is some new muscle under the fluff.  I guess I will find out soon enough. 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

NzVcg14m.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So a little update.  Like most of my Ontario bros, still relying on bs home workouts.  Just about 10 weeks out so far.  Got my BT cycle on point.  Right now running  875 Test E, 350 DHB, 350 Tren E, and 350 Mast E.  This is probably the highest I’ve had my test, was always a low test guy.  But liking it so far.   I think at 8 weeks out, I will throw Winstrol in.  

Contemplating bumping up the dose of Tren, DHB and Mast to 700 each per week.  Still not completely sure if I will do that, I guess I will decide once the gyms open up.  This is very high for me, but with NA’s being probably the biggest show I’ve done to date, and looking like I will (at best) have only 8 weeks at the gym, I’m hoping the higher dose will help me pull a Kevin Levrone type prep 😄 

But again, I will really decide how I feel and look once I’m back to the gym.

Below are my 3 week progress pics, and a comparison shot of pretty much the same pose, almost exactly 1 year apart.   Look about the same condition, but I’m up 10lbs this year.  Looking at this comparison, I feel much better about the year.  If I’m really up 10lbs with all the bs that has happened, it is a great testament to Bodytech quality. 

Oh and speaking of bodytech, for the last 2 months or so, I’ve had horrible tendonitis in my right forearm going up my right bicep.  It was so bad that the first couple weeks, I couldn’t even do side laterals cause it would hurt too much.  I think what caused is me handling 65lbs dumbbells after benching and trying to not smash my tile floor, so would sort of curl them down.  Either that or I was doing tons of pull ups in hammer style grip.  Whatever caused it, it’s been a constant pain (all day, everyday), I thought it might be micro tear.  Slowly it has been getting better but for the last week I’ve been using Bodytech BCP 157 at only 500mcg daily, and it really is feeling much much better.  Still a slight pain there, but now I can actually curl.  Hoping a few more days and it will be even better.

zjme4zyl.jpg

GSDh9eal.jpg

VXv1Xkim.jpg

Just a quick update.  Just finished 4 weeks of the diet.  Feeling great.  I'm at the stage of the diet where everything feels good.  Dropping body fat, still feel energetic and workouts are great.  Great intensity and endurance.  I also think my dosages are dialed in perfectly (hopefully not jinxing myself lol).  Overall very happy so far.  I think maybe I should try to stick to this kind of condition during the off season.  Still feel like I'm growing but I don't feel sluggish at all as when I do when I get up in weight.  

Hope everyone is killing their workouts! 

XLcNDNzm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks into the diet now.   So far happy with the results.  However it is starting to look unlikely that I will be able to compete at North Americans, as the border closure has been extended until August 21.  Show is on September 4th.   So I guess if they do decide to open the borders in August, I will still have time to register.  If not, then I will just be ready early (about 6 weeks early) for the Canadian Nationals.  

Now the good news is, that while I can't hit my real gym (which is in the GTA) I will be able to head over to an LA Fitness by my work starting this Friday, as that area is entering Stage 3.  Can't wait to get back to a real gym and finally have a real leg session.  Well can't wait to train everything, but as far as legs go, I pretty much did nothing the last 4 months.  Still running  875 Test E, 350 DHB, 350 Tren E, and 350 Mast E, and feeling great.  With the gyms opening up, I'm tempted to bump the Tren and Mast up, but at the same time the mature side of me is thinking there is no need to.  Will play it by ear I guess. 

Below is my start to 6 weeks comparison.  So far so good, and I'm happy with the progress. 

AitR7ygl.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got to hit a gym last Friday.  Haven't taken a day off yet 😀

Not much progress on the scale in the last week, down only 0.5 lbs.  But I look leaner, so I will take it.  Would be nice if I continue to get tighter and maintain weight.  Sitting at 242.8 this morning when pics were taken.   Took progress pics fasted, no pump straight out of bed (have to throw that disclaimer in lol). 

Hope everyone is back to the gyms soon!

APwuI2Wl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So been hitting the gym for a couple weeks now.  It was my birthday last week, and as a birthday present for me it was announced that Canadian Nationals were cancelled this year (was hoping to do it in October).  They claim that they will still hold the rescheduled Toronto Pro Qualifier in November this year, however as much as I liked to compete in that, I have some serious doubts.  The Nationals, had a date set, venue, everything confirmed and was still cancelled, the November Toronto Pro Qualifier doesn't even have a confirmed date, never mind a venue.  I have serious doubts it will happen as a few more shows were cancelled this week. 

So, did some thinking and researching, and decided I'm going to do the North American's on Sept 4.   Seems like we are able to fly to the US, just have to quarantine yourself for 14 days after returning.  Will use up my vacation time for that.  Figured it's probably my only shot to compete on a National level this year, and I'm not getting any younger so might as well do it. 

The lockdown didn't help my prep at all, and I'm not close to the same condition as I was last year at 4 weeks out, but we are cranking it up.  Started a new meal plan on Monday, basically a carb rotation, with low carbs for 3 days, and a slightly higher carb day on every 4th day.  Cardio has increased, doing 20 minutes post workout now and another 30 minutes or so in the evening (wasn't really doing much before, other than walking my dog).  Dropped 3lbs already since Monday.  Looking tighter.  Below are my comparison pics from Tuesday, and the back double is from this morning. 

I usually like to be ready early, but just constantly reminding myself now, that it doesn't matter if you are shredded 4 weeks out.  The only thing that matters is that you peek right on show day.  Being ready early might get you more attention on social media, but it doesn't guarantee anything for the show. 

jBOsGwsl.jpg

JwbEr2Nl.jpg

For the last 2 weeks now, I changed my dosages.  Currently running 750 Test E, 600 Tren E, 600 Mast E.  Winstrol at 75mg (will probably bump it up) and started Anavar this week at 75mg.   All Body Tech pharma as always. 

Now for the last couple days, I've been contemplating dropping test, and instead running 900 Eq for the 4 weeks.  One thing that is preventing me is I'm not sure if 4 weeks is enough time to make significant changes, and then I read about how some experienced high level bodybuilders run EQ right up to the show and love it, and then others about how they drop it 4 weeks out.  I guess it depends on how much water it makes you hold. I tend not to be very watery, so maybe it will work for me.  Not sure.  Will have to decide this weekend. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, a little slow on updating.  Went really hard the last couple weeks of the prep.  Couple cardio sessions per day, in addition to training, so basically my life revolved around gym, work, eating and sleep.  

Well competed at North Americans last Friday and ended up placing 4th.  Not bad, but a little bittersweet as I obviously wanted to win.  However (here come the excuses), with only 6 weeks at the gym and a hard diet of just about 5 weeks (when I decided to compete), I’m content with the placing.  Was a little discouraged the first couple days, thinking that I will never win simply because my physique sucks and I’m just too tall (was in the 6 foot and over class, yet I still looked like a giant ) to actually look aesthetic, I’m feeling much better now.  The show was ran well but it was a little chaotic. 

I almost missed my class, as I was relying on the twitter updates to let me know when to meet up to get taken over to the stage (being Canadian the txt msg updates wouldn’t work for me), and when I saw that they were calling a few classes before mine to meet up, I went to the meeting spot.  Then I hear the guys calling groups that are after me to get to the bus to take them to the stage/tent.  I was like wtf what about my class? And was told that they are already on stage.  Talk about a cortisol dump.  Rushed to the tent, thankfully my class didn’t hit the stage yet, had a few minutes to get glazed and do some pushups and off on stage I go lol…   But despite that it was a great experience. 

One mistake I made; is I think I over did the junk/carbs as I wanted to come in full looking.  Made my stomach look worse then it was a few days prior.  Here are a few shots I got from the NPC site. 

1aQBlwvl.jpg

TngIRBFl.jpg

j9t7Lipl.jpg

Like I said first couple days I was discouraged, but I’m in the right mindset now.  I’m in quarantine now for the next two weeks (Canadian law for returning from outside the country), so I have a couple weeks to rest and relax.  Up only 4lbs, so trying to hold it together.  Then after I get out of quarantine, I have 9 weeks before doing the Toronto Pro Qualifier.  

Going to put in 9 weeks of hardcore work.  I want to see how I do truly giving it my all, no excuses.   

I came in 2nd at Nationals last year, so I’m really only competing with one guy.  He’s good, and he’s currently putting up clips of a documentary he is shooting of his prep.  It looks as if he was the reigning Mr. Olympia.  Putting up clips in his IG story of phone calls from Lee Haney encouraging him in his prep.  Multiple coaches…. 

Myself, I’m going old school Rocky on this prep.  4am wake ups, 5am gym, training clients after my workout prior to heading to my full time job.  Not even going to use a coach (was disappointed in my coach this time, after asking me to send him updates every Wed and Sat, yet he didn’t look at them for over a week; ended up just doing my own thing anyways; adjusting cardio, calories etc).  

Just me, pushing myself, and seeing what I can accomplish.  Will feel good if I, as the “underdog”, take the win lol  (and if I don't at least I will know I gave it my all)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So a quick update.  Workouts have been going great. Changed my workout to a Pull/Push/Legs split.  Doing it trained by JP style, with only one all out set to failure, followed up by a back off set.   My split so far looks like this: 

Pull: 
BB Rows 1 set to failure at 5 to 8 reps, 1 back off set at 8 to 12 reps
HS Underhand Pulldown  1 set to failure at 5 to 8 reps, 1 back off set at 8 to 12 reps
Machine Row (chest supported) 1 set to failure at 5 to 8 reps, 1 back off set at 8 to 12 reps (now changed to chest supported incline bench dumbbell row, elbows out, due to gym shutdowns again)
Cable pulldown, single hand, super low to target lower lats
2 sets for rear delts (machine or dumbbell)
3 sets of Bicep curls

Push: 
Smith seated barbell press
Smith incline
Smith flat close grip
Dumbbell Fly
Weighted Dips
Dumbbell Laterals
Cable Laterals

Legs:
Seated Hamstring Curl
Adductors
Hack Squats
Leg Press
Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Calves I started doing at the begining of every workout.  Logging everything, and strength/reps going up every workout.  Trying to focus on perfect execution, slow reps, not cheating to progress in the log book.  Enjoying these workouts, as it's something new, and have daily goals to beat. 

So that's the good stuff.. the bad stuff is that my gym is shutdown as my region is back in stage 2.  Couldn't rant about this forever but don't feel like typing an essay.  But hating this right now.  Still, I'm lucky as I have an LA Fitness by workplace and although they banned people from coming in from stage 2 regions, so far I'm good, as they think I'm from around there (this is the ony LA I've been going to for the last few years).  Hopefully no one says anything, but I think I should be ok as the staff sees me there regularly.  Part of the problem is that, while I have the opportunity to lift, I pretty much haven't taken a day off because I'm afraid they will shut down all gyms across Ontario, so trying to get as many workouts as I can lol... I know it's counter productive, but it's the only thing keeping me sane. 

Supposed to be competing in 5 weeks at the rescheduled Toronto Pro Qualifier, but I really don't believe it will happen. They are saying it will, and I don't want to quit, but I'm also not fully mentally comitted.  So I'm half ass dieting right now.  Fairly lean, but need to pull off at least 6 to 8 lbs of actual fat to be contest lean.  Tell myself everyday that I'm going to get strict with the diet, but while not eating junk, usually end up eating more calories than planned.   

I kind of just want to forget about the show, increase calories a little bit (to not feel guilty about overeating) and slowly start growing, but at the same time I keep thinking if I don't do the show, and it happens, I will be kicking myself in the ass for missing an opportunity (especially if I see the comptetion as week).   So the mental struggle continues daily lol 

Speaking of progress, I compared a pic from this morning to one from last July (15 months ago) and was actually surprised that it looks like I made some pretty good progress (maybe not, and I'm just dellusional).  With the gym shutdowns, not training properly, I thought the last year was a write off, but it looks like pics tell a different tale.  Was told last year, I needed more thickness, and juding from the pics, I actually accomplished a bit of that.   

So even though this whole Covid shutdowns has made me a mental mess, I'm actually pretty happy.   

Hope everyone is doing well.  
W12MTe9l.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

You look both leaner and bigger. Impressive man. 

Thanks brother, after making that post yesterday and whinning about Covid and shutdowns, decided to buckle down and go hard starting today.  So will be updating with hopefully some decent improvements.