Pre/Post workout meals

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty easy going.

60min pre I have a large apple, 1.5 scoops of Whey, 3 caps fish oil. 

Post I have 200g grilled steak, 1 cup of rice, some random steamed veggies, 1g vit C, 400iu vit E, 1g carnitine. 

I do miss a good pre-workout supp, but I train late and I like to be able to fall asleep before 11PM. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryujiin said:

Im pretty easy going.

60min pre I have a large apple, 1.5 scoops of Whey, 3 caps fish oil. 

Post I have 200g grilled steak, 1 cup of rice, some random steamed veggies, 1g vit C, 400iu vit E, 1g carnitine. 

I do miss a good pre-workout supp, but I train late and I like to be able to fall asleep before 11PM. 

I dunno a lot. But fish oil acts as an anti inflammatory correct? I dose mine in the morning as far away from my lift time as I can.

Mmmm, post workout steak!!

On 10/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, Lionsfan4 said:

Post workout favourite for bulk. Ground beef, scrambled eggs, rice. All mixed up with sriracha sauce. 

With a lb of ground beef and 6 eggs you’re looking at over 2000 Cal’s and a boatload of protein. 

Thats one of my favs as well except I regularly buy a mix of lean gr beef/pork/veal, then add brown rice, or quinoa, eggs (sometimes just whites) and sometimes sriracha, but I prefer gochujang (korean red pepper paste, and very hot). When I add veg I'll mainly go crucierous with a lot of broc or cauliflower, or skin on sweet potato as the need arises.

Wife and I are big fans of a Korean food dish called bibimbap which is essential ground meat, veg, rice and egg of top, then a liberal helping of Gochujang. Been eating that regularly for years.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm kind of surprised to the amount of people using LARGE meals, or higher fat content sources in a pre workout meal. 

To those who are using these, how far ahead of the workout are we talking? like 2-3 hours prior?

Wouldn't you be concerned with the digestion rate interfering with your training? I also am assuming none of you guys would be introducing Intra workout drinks as well?