46 Yrs Old First Cycle Test Cyp

MikeTheMover

Hi,

ive been working out for about 4-5 years now & have just decided to take my first cycle of test cyp. I’ve chosen this as my first cycle on the basis of internet searches & my own investigating. I’m not only doing this to get totally ripped I’m also interested in the other benefits as I’ve seen almost every symptom of low test & haven’t been enjoying life as of late. I’m 3 weeks in and have been injecting twice a week 250 mg each time, again just taking a general consensus from internet information. Here’s what’s been happening. I feel only slightly different from b4 & have been experiencing what I believe is test flu after each injection ( slight fever, chills & zero energy for about 24 hours) is this something I should be concerned about ? Will I feel this way after every injection ? Should I be seeing or feeling anything by now ? I’ve searched the internet for info on others exp but haven’t found very much info so I’m hoping someone here could help me with their experiences with Test Cyp. Don’t be afraid to be brutally honest with me if I’m totally doing things wrong as I’m not a overly sensitive person & ive always been one to follow the advice of others who have a lot more exp than me. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer up some advice.

Well being honest I would have only started with 300mg per wk split into 2 pins , your first cycle is always your best , so less gear is better because you can always go up if you need to , if you start high you will just need to go higher eventually 500 mg is usually the base for most experienced guys , your body is virgin 300mg you would respond fine, now the sick feeling yes it goes away over time you don’t notice it, remember you just pumped your body full of hormone that wasn’t there you body was just like wtf because you threw everything out of whack, test -e and c takes time to build up , hopefully more guys can chime in here, make sure your gear is from a good reliable source, please don’t tell me a lab , if you want us to know please put it in the review section. Good luck man.

You probably should have asked us first lol before you pinned 500mg , I would taper down to 300mg for this first cycle I’m not sure the damage could be done already , when most of us do a trt dose most of us go between 125 to 175mg a week so at 300 is a good low dose starter cycle, I firmly believe first cycle less is more because your body is virgin, honestly I would have done 300mg test and 50mg proviron would have been a great starter cycle I know you would have been happy.

Don’t add any other compounds to your cycle until you see how your body acts with this , and when it’s time just add one compound at a time because if something doesn’t agree with you , you know exactly what it is you changed and you can get rid of it, if you add a bunch of different compounds and something fucks you up your not going to know where to start. First time nice and slow my friend learn your body , I also find it troublesome that you never mentioned a pct . Do you have one ? Because right now you are shut down.

12 minutes ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

You probably should have asked us first lol before you pinned 500mg , I would taper down to 300mg for this first cycle I’m not sure the damage could be done already , when most of us do a trt dose most of us go between 125 to 175mg a week so at 300 is a good low dose starter cycle, I firmly believe first cycle less is more because your body is virgin, honestly I would have done 300mg test and 50mg proviron would have been a great starter cycle I know you would have been happy.

Wish I would have found this place first as well but too late now just want to try to get things on track from here on out.

No ! The arimidex is way to harsh it will fuck with your lipids and you will crash your estrogen if not used properly , if you crash your estrogen it’s bad really bad hard to bounce back your moods are all messed up your dick won’t work . Don’t use an ai unless you have to. Hope someone else chimes in here I know I’m probably overlooking things too. 

Like myself, you're not a spring chicken.   I would highly recommend you get blood tests regularly.   That way you have objective data and can stay out of trouble and fix small problems before they become big problems.

FWIW, I have been lifting for 35 plus years and have a successful history of competitive natural bodybuilding before I took anything,  including a heavyweight title.

Recently I have beaten every PR I had on a measly 100mg test/wk and I'm 52 yrs old.  500 is heavy to start, and please get bloodwork. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BobTheOldLifter said:

Like myself, you're not a spring chicken.   I would highly recommend you get blood tests regularly.   That way you have objective data and can stay out of trouble and fix small problems before they become big problems.

FWIW, I have been lifting for 35 plus years and have a successful history of competitive natural bodybuilding before I took anything,  including a heavyweight title.

Recently I have beaten every PR I had on a measly 100mg test/wk and I'm 52 yrs old.  500 is heavy to start, and please get bloodwork. 

Where I live access to a doctor is almost non existent, besides the side effects listed all over the internet is there anything I should be watching for ? Also is it ok to drop my dosage down to 300 every week or 150 twice a week ? Or will that screw things up ?

Yes it is ok to change doses mid-cycle and I agree that 300 is a good place to start. Just have to be aware that it may mask your actual thresholds for side effects. Say you get some estrogen side effects then you won't really know if your threshold for needing an AI is 300 or 500 mg/wk (or somewhere in between). Not the end of the world.

Also, are you are using the HCG on cycle (which I think is a good idea btw)? It will prevent total shutdown of your own testosterone so you will continue to produce some of your own - say around 100mg/wk. So factor this into your total (ie right now you could be at 500 + 100 = 600 when you drop to 300 you would actually be around 400). Another thing is that HCG is also somewhat estrogenic. I suspect that the reason why they recommended running Arimidex is because 500mg/wk + HCG will probably aromatize a fair bit. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with 99% of what your saying , I still think the arimidex is too harsh , I’d say 50mg proviron daily split into 2 doses of 25mg each should take care of any estrogen sides at that low of a dose. 

2 hours ago, MikeTheMover said:

Where I live access to a doctor is almost non existent, besides the side effects listed all over the internet is there anything I should be watching for ? Also is it ok to drop my dosage down to 300 every week or 150 twice a week ? Or will that screw things up ?

I would drop it down to 300 and see how your body reacts. The adex is good to have on hand, but don't use it right away as if you don't get the sides of high e, as sore puffy nipples  or gyno the adex will lessen your overall gains. And really, you are not taking a high dose of test at 300. If you decide to run the 500mg, wait until you feel the sides, or wait at least a couple/3 weeks to start the adex. You can also take 2 Nolva a week to help with blocking the e receptors (if needed and are noticing sides). As far as HCG throughout cycle, that's not something i do, and usually wait until the end prior to the nolva clomid. I know some guys do, and that's cool. Theres no bad advice on this thread. These guys all know there stuff. Good luck bro !

Also if you dont mind the pinning, splitting the shots mon/thurs i find better for me. But after as many pins as i have done, sometimes less pins the better. But i feel better when i split them up. 

Edited by Guardian Dispensaries
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MikeTheMover said:

No, I don't think lowering dose is an issue.  The problem is without blood tests you can get hematocrit elevation, BP issues, lipid and kidney trouble just to name a few, and you won't know it b/c it's silent.

And it's not like you need to test all the time.  Regular intervals of three months would be fine.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MikeTheMover said:

Hi,

ive been working out for about 4-5 years now & have just decided to take my first cycle of test cyp. I’ve chosen this as my first cycle on the basis of internet searches & my own investigating. I’m not only doing this to get totally ripped I’m also interested in the other benefits as I’ve seen almost every symptom of low test & haven’t been enjoying life as of late. I’m 3 weeks in and have been injecting twice a week 250 mg each time, again just taking a general consensus from internet information. Here’s what’s been happening. I feel only slightly different from b4 & have been experiencing what I believe is test flu after each injection ( slight fever, chills & zero energy for about 24 hours) is this something I should be concerned about ? Will I feel this way after every injection ? Should I be seeing or feeling anything by now ? I’ve searched the internet for info on others exp but haven’t found very much info so I’m hoping someone here could help me with their experiences with Test Cyp. Don’t be afraid to be brutally honest with me if I’m totally doing things wrong as I’m not a overly sensitive person & ive always been one to follow the advice of others who have a lot more exp than me. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer up some advice.

Ok something is not right here, and its not your fault.  500 mg of test a week is fine, that is a normal beginners cycle.  If you need adex you won't need it for the first 3-4 weeks.  You will know if you do, you will start to feel bloated, blood pressure may rise, nipples ache. 

1. I have a couple questions, do you feel sick every time the day or 2 after the injection?  Has it decreased over time or you still keep getting the same issue.

2. I want to know the lab you are using (private message me if you don't want to post it out in the open.  if its a shit lab, I'll know and at least we will know right away what the issue is)

3. After 3 weeks you should be getting better wood.  You should feel more pumped up, especially on your first cycle.  You should feel different.  Trust me your workout will be better and your strength should have started to increase.  Its not like you are running 200 mg a week. you are running 500 mg, you should know after 3 weeks.  I'm thinking maybe controlling estrogen too much with the 3x a week adex.

You are doing nothing wrong, unless you are crashing your estrogen because you took adex from the start.  BTW I'm older than you and adex does nothing to my lipids.  .5 mg twice a week is more than enough, if any is needed.  Usually since adex works so fast, I wait until I feel really bloated like bending over and breathing feels like an issue, and cant really keep wood then take .5 mg.  I feel as though you need estrogen to grow better.  After a while you may get tired of the estrogen bloat and do what I do,  Run low test and another non estrogenizing drug as your cycle.  So low dose test and primo for example.

You should stick will one drug for now.  If you drop the adex and want to run priviron 50 mg a day to control estrogen sides instead, go ahead, proviron is nothing to be scared of.

Anyhow you wont die, lol.  You have been training for 5 years, if you had a serious health condition I bet it may have shown up already, but like anything in life I do not know everything, but 99% of the people in this world would be completely fine on 500 mg and a bit of proviron.  BTW 46 is not old.

Feel free to private message me if you have questions you feel embarrassed about and don't want to ask in the open. I do not know everything, and am very basic when it comes to gear, but can help you get over the noob gitters, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think what it boils down to here is that this thread has givin you really good advice every answer on this thread had good advice everyone here will help now I think it’s up to you to sift through all this and pick something that works for you and ask any of us questions as you go , fine tuning persay, we all want each other to succeed here and we support eachother like family .

On 9/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, MikeTheMover said:

I feel only slightly different from b4 & have been experiencing what I believe is test flu after each injection ( slight fever, chills & zero energy for about 24 hours) is this something I should be concerned about ? Will I feel this way after every injection ? Should I be seeing or feeling anything by now ? I’ve searched the internet for info on others exp but haven’t found very much info so I’m hoping someone here could help me with their experiences with Test Cyp. Don’t be afraid to be brutally honest with me if I’m totally doing things wrong as I’m not a overly sensitive person & ive always been one to follow the advice of others who have a lot more exp than me. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer up some advice.

Yes, you should be concerned...you shouldn't be experiencing those symptoms. You should consider cease using the gear that you have. When you're starting out, it might help to have a test base from a few sources, in case one might be bogus. Stan Efferding reported using 300 mg/wk of test prop...it should be more than enough to get you started. It hits the bloodstream faster, which might be useful for determining quality, and to see how your body reacts.

Edited by method_air
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sorbate said:

Ok something is not right here, and its not your fault.  500 mg of test a week is fine, that is a normal beginners cycle.  If you need adex you won't need it for the first 3-4 weeks.  You will know if you do, you will start to feel bloated, blood pressure may rise, nipples ache. 

1. I have a couple questions, do you feel sick every time the day or 2 after the injection?  Has it decreased over time or you still keep getting the same issue.

2. I want to know the lab you are using (private message me if you don't want to post it out in the open.  if its a shit lab, I'll know and at least we will know right away what the issue is)

3. After 3 weeks you should be getting better wood.  You should feel more pumped up, especially on your first cycle.  You should feel different.  Trust me your workout will be better and your strength should have started to increase.  Its not like you are running 200 mg a week. you are running 500 mg, you should know after 3 weeks.  I'm thinking maybe controlling estrogen too much with the 3x a week adex.

You are doing nothing wrong, unless you are crashing your estrogen because you took adex from the start.  BTW I'm older than you and adex does nothing to my lipids.  .5 mg twice a week is more than enough, if any is needed.  Usually since adex works so fast, I wait until I feel really bloated like bending over and breathing feels like an issue, and cant really keep wood then take .5 mg.  I feel as though you need estrogen to grow better.  After a while you may get tired of the estrogen bloat and do what I do,  Run low test and another non estrogenizing drug as your cycle.  So low dose test and primo for example.

You should stick will one drug for now.  If you drop the adex and want to run priviron 50 mg a day to control estrogen sides instead, go ahead, proviron is nothing to be scared of.

Anyhow you wont die, lol.  You have been training for 5 years, if you had a serious health condition I bet it may have shown up already, but like anything in life I do not know everything, but 99% of the people in this world would be completely fine on 500 mg and a bit of proviron.  BTW 46 is not old.

Feel free to private message me if you have questions you feel embarrassed about and don't want to ask in the open. I do not know everything, and am very basic when it comes to gear, but can help you get over the noob gitters, lol

Hey thanks so much for the response here’s the answers to your questions.

1. I have pinned 7 times so far & each time I have felt feverish & just off but on a positive note each time the feeling is less & less. My last time I never got a fever & just felt slightly off nothing like the first few times.

2. The lab I got the test c from is Transpharma 

3. I am feeling more and more as I get farther into this cycle & I do notice faster better pumps & more endurance in my workouts. I have only taken the test c nothing else yet so I don’t think it’s possible to have crashed my estrogen. 

again thanks so much for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Ok I have to say this I’ve experienced these symptoms when I very first started and I pinned my first shot it’s a response to your body being laden with hormones that weren’t present and you wouldn’t get signs of infections or sickness minutes to even an hour after you push the plunger down that takes days it’s just an involuntary response and if it’s transpharma you are fine.. when it happened to me I knew it wasn’t gear because luckily for me I had access to one of the top labs in Canada used by top athletes even pros so the gear was great. It will pass it’s just your virgin body . Enjoy man have fun.

23 hours ago, MikeTheMover said:

Hey thanks so much for the response here’s the answers to your questions.

1. I have pinned 7 times so far & each time I have felt feverish & just off but on a positive note each time the feeling is less & less. My last time I never got a fever & just felt slightly off nothing like the first few times.

2. The lab I got the test c from is Transpharma 

3. I am feeling more and more as I get farther into this cycle & I do notice faster better pumps & more endurance in my workouts. I have only taken the test c nothing else yet so I don’t think it’s possible to have crashed my estrogen. 

again thanks so much for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate it.

Yep, that is normal.  I hate that feeling so I normally ramp my gear up.  So 200 mg fir the first week, 300 next, 400 next then finally 500, then run it fir 17 weeks.  This way I avoid the sick feeling.

If you are not using Adex, don’t bother, use proviron instead.  Save the Adex for if your nipples start to act up.  I run proviron at 50 mg a day, but I know guys who do 100.  I’ve never needed 100.

proviron is really mild and a great addition.  If you get heartburn from it, well that sucks.  The reason I don’t use it anymore.

transpharma is fine.

• Thanks 1

I know you said that it's hard to get access to a doc where you are but you relly need to get in to see one. There are a ton of different things that can mimic hormonal imbalance and cause symptoms that the internet will tell you are low T. That may well be it but there are many other things too that could be at the root.

At this point you have 0 idea what is going on and you could even be making things worse despite feeling a bit better in the meantime. Our bodies are really good about telling us when things are wrong and the sickness you are feeling may well have something to do with it.

Not getting in to see a doc at this point is Russian Roulette IMHO. You need to get those bloods done, and should have before you ever pinned your first shot. it would have been another story, at least temporarilly, had you said you were feeling top notch before starting your cycle but you weren't and getting to the root cause of your malaise should have been your first step especially considering how easy it is to identify the levels to start with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Francis "Frank" Castle said:

I know you said that it's hard to get access to a doc where you are but you relly need to get in to see one. There are a ton of different things that can mimic hormonal imbalance and cause symptoms that the internet will tell you are low T. That may well be it but there are many other things too that could be at the root.

At this point you have 0 idea what is going on and you could even be making things worse despite feeling a bit better in the meantime. Our bodies are really good about telling us when things are wrong and the sickness you are feeling may well have something to do with it.

Not getting in to see a doc at this point is Russian Roulette IMHO. You need to get those bloods done, and should have before you ever pinned your first shot. it would have been another story, at least temporarilly, had you said you were feeling top notch before starting your cycle but you weren't and getting to the root cause of your malaise should have been your first step especially considering how easy it is to identify the levels to start with.

Hey, I just re-read my post and I didn't want to come off sounding as harsh as it did, despite this being important!

From my standpoint, as someone whose health has plagued them for a while now, after being a literal ox all my life, I just want you to fully understand how valuable your health is and how far wrong these things can go without a medical expert at least covering your ass at the beginning. Your health is a horrible thing to lose and the fight back for me has been long and hard and is still ongoing. I would spare anyone that if I could.

Cheers.