Some questions about insulin

owler

Hello, I have some questions about insulin.

1. How exactly does it work and how does it promote muscle growth?

2. Is muscle growth dose dependant? If yes, how much muscle can I really build?

3. How long can I take it for?

4. Which one is better, pre workout, post workout, or both?

Thank you all in advance!

I'll answer some of these questions - but my honest advice is to do A LOT more reading if you don't already know some of these answers.

1. Insulin by definition helps transport and store nutrients. So we can more effectively utilize amino acids, glucose, etc... through this mechanism we can achieve anabolism. 

2. Yes in every aspect. No one can answer that question as its dependent on so many factors. 

3. There are some people that need to take breaks every four weeks, and there are other ways you can utilize it that don't require breaks. Its largely dependent on how insulin resistant you become. 

4. Again, way too broad of a question. I actually prefer to utilize it in every window I can (when I do use it).

I 100% believe that just like GH insulin tends to be overrated, it doesn't produce the results most people expect, its not a game changer. Its a tool just like testosterone is. 

1 hour ago, Corey5150 said:

I'll answer some of these questions - but my honest advice is to do A LOT more reading if you don't already know some of these answers.

1. Insulin by definition helps transport and store nutrients. So we can more effectively utilize amino acids, glucose, etc... through this mechanism we can achieve anabolism. 

2. Yes in every aspect. No one can answer that question as its dependent on so many factors. 

3. There are some people that need to take breaks every four weeks, and there are other ways you can utilize it that don't require breaks. Its largely dependent on how insulin resistant you become. 

4. Again, way too broad of a question. I actually prefer to utilize it in every window I can (when I do use it).

I 100% believe that just like GH insulin tends to be overrated, it doesn't produce the results most people expect, its not a game changer. Its a tool just like testosterone is. 

Thank you for your answers Corey.

I agree, I already used insulin sparingly, ramping up to a maximum of 15ius per day, but I want to learn more so I can make a better use of it.

I feel pretty safe, as I hardly put on bodyfat and I can eat a ton of carbs to avoid going hypo (I use dextrose with insulin, 10 grams or more per unit); I'm using Humulin-R and I never go to sleep before 5 hours after taking it.

How can I know if I'm becoming insulin resistant?

23 hours ago, owler said:

Thank you for your answers Corey.

I agree, I already used insulin sparingly, ramping up to a maximum of 15ius per day, but I want to learn more so I can make a better use of it.

I feel pretty safe, as I hardly put on bodyfat and I can eat a ton of carbs to avoid going hypo (I use dextrose with insulin, 10 grams or more per unit); I'm using Humulin-R and I never go to sleep before 5 hours after taking it.

How can I know if I'm becoming insulin resistant?

I'm not going to preach on this but I'm going to say flat out...You literally have no idea what you are doing and taking insulin even 1 single time again before you educate yourself is Russian Roulette.. So many things here, dose relationship to carb intake, your personal physiology re carbs processing etc, do you have a blood glucose meter that you are using to measure with so that you can establish the correct dosing as you didn't mention it? What does "sparingly" mean and the 15iu amount means nothing without knowing everything else. it could be enough and it could also be far too much and fast acting vs ??? relating to the dosing as well.

I am no expert but I know enough to know that I would never pin even once at your level of knowledge. Not trying at all to insult you or offend but this stuff can be life threatening even from a simple thing where you miscalculate cards/dose whatever. I can't remember his name but I recall watching a video about a bodybuilder who was left paralyzed after an insulin mishap, alone and found hours later.

Do yourself a favor and find a mentor that can help you with this in person, not researching stuff on the internet. But beyond that, if you are not trying to get your pro card, why even bother!