Electric razor?

mbmuscle

Anybody use an electric razor for shaving their face? One that works on real stubble lol.

I'm tired of getting cut up using the 5 blade systems.

I tried an electric 15 years ago and it just pulled the fricken hairs out. If the technology has improved let me know.

Cheers

Honestly after years of tearing my face up with mach 3/4/5 etcs..  I bought a double edge safety razor set up. I have thick coarse hair and prone to ingronwn hairs and razor burn on my neck.  Since going double edge safety razor I no longer have any issues and I even shave against the grain now.  

You need

-doubel edge rzor handle

-double edge blades

-pre shave oil

-badger hair brush

-shaving soap

-after shave (with no alcohol).

Whole set up costs a bit of $, but you can get like 200 double edge safety razor blades on amazon for like $40..  Way cheaper in the long run than gillete garbage.

good brands for this stuff is The Art Of Shaving/Trufitt and Hill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started to use the monthly razor club.  I get the best blades for like $10 a month and change it every week.  Before with the fusion I'd stretch them out because they were expensive.

My grandfather always used a double edge razor.  Maybe I'll need to try that out so I can get a closer shave.  My wife hates when I have stubble on my chest and damn its brutal to grow back, lol

• Like 2

I agree with that double edge razor. I have thick black stubble. But I also hate smooth shaving now, I only shave it to a 5 o’clock shadow now. I find my face looks fat and bloated smooth shaved these days lol. I use a con air electric for shaving to stubble, and double edge for a smooth shave when and ever I do. 

• Thanks 1

I gave up on a smooth shave years ago. I use the same hair trimmer on my face that I use on my head, like a big barbershop style one, on the metal with no clip on comb height thing. It shaves me down to what day-2 after a smooth shave would be, and that works well for me.

The only time ill ever smooth shave now is if i know in advance that ive got our kids looked after for a few hours so i can go down on my wife for a while, cuz I love it. The stubble tickles and she wont let me chow down unless I clean up.

I do remember having waterproof 3-rotor electric shaver. Cant remember what brand, but i was contemplating getting another cuz you can shave in the shower and i did like it. I just dont know where it went after we moved into this house. A quick search shows me that a Phillips Norelco waterproof shaver looks like what i had. Amazon has it. Hmmm...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use a Braun Series 7 shaver. If the hair is long i use the little slide out trimmer to cut the hair down and then use the regular razor part of it for the close shave. Works well for me and been using it for years. I have the clean and charge station so i can clean it every so often. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 5:54 PM, Sorbate said:

I started to use the monthly razor club.  I get the best blades for like $10 a month and change it every week.  Before with the fusion I'd stretch them out because they were expensive.

My grandfather always used a double edge razor.  Maybe I'll need to try that out so I can get a closer shave.  My wife hates when I have stubble on my chest and damn its brutal to grow back, lol

lol... I tired my double edge razor on my head after I got good on my face with it..  nope... tons of nicks.

Might be easier on your chest because you can see what your doing. 

I lady at a high end shave shop told me and my wife she uses double edge/bradger bursh etc on her legs and nothing else. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2018 at 7:54 PM, Sorbate said:

Specific one bro?

I use a straight razor for my face, but an electric body trimmer for my body. Makes a big difference as far as ingrown hairs go. No, not as close as a razor, but it's not like I've got a pair of hands on it 24/7. My wife could care less whether I shave it or not.