Ryu's Lean Up Log

Ryujiin

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update:

With the Corona lockdowns and suspensions in full effect, it has been an interesting situation here. 

My gym is closed until further notice and food supply is somewhat limited so diet wise things have been pretty bland. Maybe that is a good thing, who knows. 

Weight as of today spiked a little to 98.3kg as of this AM. There are many factors that could attribute to this though and Im hoping its just a "backed up" issue due to the lack of fiber the last week or so lol. 

Training is now being done at home with some kettle bells and bands and has been modified to 5 X week full body split plus the addition of some extra yoga and skipping / shadow boxing ( I look like a tool) for cardio. 

Im hoping to get back into the swing of things so I can keep leaning out while I wait for my wife to....ow, that's right, we got a positive pregnancy test result as of yesterday; BOOM lol.

I wont be touching any TRT or other supps until things here have calmed down and the pregnancy is locked down and that little sucker has found a VIP parking spot in my girls uterus.

Will try to update photos this coming weekend, but dont expect to much from my still currently fat ass. 

Ah life, how you make things complicated sometimes (but never impossible) 

All of my BT goodies as noted above (again, non sponsored; so nobody can comment on bias, not that there would be) are safe and sound waiting for me in Canada. Cant wait to really get things going. 

Thank you all for the continued support during my lean up/recomp process.  Its going to be a long log 😛

9 hours ago, CapeBretonDadBod said:

That’s crazy is it slowing at all or becoming more stable

Its slowed down a lot. There is a lot of media over-reaction from from all countries which of course has caused people everywhere to go a little nuts.. For example, the total cases is something like 40K+ right now, and 1000+ deaths, but it 95% in Wuhan.  To put that number into perspective, Wuhan's population is like 10 mil I think, and there medical system is so overwhelmed. But Shanghai has a population of 25 mil, with 305 cases, 1 death, and 65 people "cured"....but, I'm on a 14 day mandatory lock-down as of Feb 7, even though we have no symptoms and almost no chance of exposure since this all began lol. I was supposed to be traveling around the US and Canada over the next two weeks but I pulled the plug on that. I don't want to be "that guy" lol. 

3 hours ago, BodyTechPharma said:

Congrats on the positive pregnancy test brother nothing makes you get your shit together like a child , are you nervous over there at all with the virus going around ? What precautions do you take.

Yip, baby on the way has really made me want to lean out even more so I can keep up with the extra workload of diapers and eventually chasing him/her around lol.

My wife is crazy paranoid and while Im not, the precautions are nuts.  We have about 7 more days of mandatory lock down (kinda like house arrest) and we have a stockpile of N95 masks, disinfectant, gloves, etc. I think things will be more or less semi normal first week March with everything being cleared up by April. Im supposed to be in Germany and then Japan second week March, follow by a trip to the US and Canada, but who knows (and again, I wont be that guy lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Micro update in that this log is pretty much on hold until March and will be more or less reset back to square one then. 

The lack of a gym I have been dealing with by going the home exercise route, but I dont exactly have the ability to load up and do some nice heavy deadlifts or anything.  The real challenge is food and the fact that I have been off TRT for a while so my test is pretty much bottom barrel. 

Due to the current situation here, what food that can be obtained is very limited, and anything good we can get our hands on goes to the wife at this point. Priorities as she is in full morning/afternoon/evening sickness mode right now so I am making sure she is always snacking on something micronutrient and amino acid rich. 

An example of yesterdays meals (my meals and by meals I mean meal, singular): 2 cups rice, 1 egg, a lot of tea. 

Sitting around 100kg right now, and honestly, Im feeling pretty skinny fat. At least prior I was a decent amount of muscle covered in fat. Like a tootsie pop. Remember those?

March 1st is when my gym is supposed to reopen, I hear rumors that the market near my place will be open and as of this coming Monday I will no longer be on forced quarantine.  

My US/Canada trip is pushed back until May so my goodies are just there, collecting dust and occasionally visiting me in my dreams. 

Life, what can ya do. 

So in theory, March 1, back to the gym hopefully and back on TRT 175mg week. New "starting point" photos will go up, new training plan will be outlined, and god I hope a new diet plan will be outlined. 

Ok Fam,

Things are starting to normalize a little bit here now and things should be on track as stated above to hopefully get back into the gym as of March 1.

For the next month I plan to eat at about 200-300cal below my "calculated" maintenance level of around 3200 and see how my body responds to being reintroduced to the gym as well as real food. In all honesty, I know with IF I was not getting enough cals and being off TRT was killing me. 

Will make adjustments on the carb side per advice given here but also on how my body responds in the coming weeks.  I do intend to see some initial weight gain, hence the first 4 weeks back to assess. 

Note: dropping the IF. Just not digging it. 

Updated training and diet plan (it may look familiar) 

Diet / Supplements: 

6:00AM: Curcumin, Q10, VD,  VC, Cranberry Extract, Baby Aspirin, 50mg Proviron*, (hoping to add niacin 500mg here and at my last meal)

7-7:30AM: Omelet (2-3 eggs, 1 cup mixed diced fresh veg (spinach, cherry tomato, green pepper, etc), 2 medium tortillas

10-10:30AM: 1-2 Scoops Whey, 1 medium banana or avocado, multi vitamin, 3 caps Omega 3 (skipped if eating avocado that day) 

1-2PM: 200g baked chicken breast w/wasabi, 100g regular popcorn (no fat etc added)

4-5PM: 200g baked chicken breast w/wasabi, 200g rice, 100-200g leafy vegetable, calcium 

6:00PM: Pre-Workout Stim/Pump and 10g EAA Intra-Workout 

8:30PM: Post-Workout At Gym 1.5 scoops whey, 10g >90% dark chocolate 

9-9:30PM: 200g rice, 100-200g vegetable, 100g lean meat* 

Rough Macros: Carb (305), Fat (45)*, Protein (295-300)

Rough Cal: 2900

Training: Leg, Push, Pull, (LISS)

Legs A

Leg Press 5 X 3-5

Sumo Deadlift 3 X 8-10

Hip Thrust 3 X 15

Walking Barbell Lunges 5 X 10 per side ( I might hurl) 

Extensions 5 X 10-12 (TUT40)

Push A

Leg Press (Sled Only) 1 x 100 (I need to grow my legs)

Incline Machine Bench 2 + 5 X 5

Seated DB Shoulder Press 2 + 3 X 8-10

Dips 3 X failure 

Crossovers 5 X 10-12 (TUT40)

Laying Try Extensions (behind head) 5 X 10-12

Pull A 

Deadlift 2 + 5 X 5

Deadlift 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Chins or Pulldowns 3 X 8-10

Chest Support Rows 3 X 8-10

Shrugs 5 X 10-12

Cheat Curls 5 X 8-10

Reverse Fly 5 X 8-10

Legs B

Squats 5 X 5

Squats 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Leg Press 3 X 8-10

Single Leg Press 3 x 10-12

Barbell Hypers 5 X failure

Leg Curls 5 X 8-10

Calf Press 5 X 8-10

Push B

Leg Press (Sled Only) 1 x 100

Overhead Press 5 X 5

Overhead Press 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Incline DB Bench 3 X 8-10

Close Grip Bench Push 3 X Failure 

Landmine Press 5 X 8-10 or Cable Crossovers (multi level) 5 X 8-10

Laying Extensions (Arms Back) 5 X 8-10

Standing Laterals 5 X 10-12

Pull B

Romanian Deadlift 5 X 5

RDL 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

V Pull Down 3 X 8-10

Pull Downs 3 X 8-10

1 Arm Row 5 X 8-10

Hammer Curl 5 X 8-10

Seated Back Fly 5 X 10-12

Note: I try to put something AB based into the end of each workout (gymnast tuck, hanging leg raises, etc) normally 2-3 sets

Note: I will start at 20min LISS after each session if I have time (incline treadmill)

Note: Each workout is follow by 10-15min of full body stretching

Note: Training is 3ON, 1OFF format. 

Note: If the gym is busy, some exercises that are not BCL might get subbed, or just for a change. I will also change feet or grip placement sometimes just to hit a little different angle. 

Extras:

Back on TRT at 175mg/week

Will see where things are at the end of March and make some tweaks. Still hoping to re-comp. Any and all advice welcome, especially from @Corey5150

Hoping after my May work trip I will have some of the above mentioned items on hand and if my progress at that time warrants it, will look at running some extras.

Just want to thank everyone on NL for the continued support. 

Update: plan did not kick off well. My gym was not given permission to open and is now closed "until further notice"....

Back to the kettle bells and bands I guess.  That also means I need to cut my calorie load back a bit I think as the load stress wont be there. 

Keeps getting better and better....

Update: keeping diet on point, home routine in swing, no official opening date for my gym yet (god I miss the going to the gym), weight is coming in steady around 100KG flat. 

Additional notes: Wife is in full morning, noon, evening sickness monster mode, good times.

That's all for now folks...catch you in a week or so with another minimalist update unless they unlock the doors and I pull my arms off deadlifting. 

• Like 1

We are on the tail end of it over here...in theory. 

Most places are re-opening now etc, but control measures are still in place. 

Example: you are issued a digital ID code to prove that you have completed a 14 day quarantine and have been cleared. You need that code to enter and exit most places. My apartment complex, office building, government building, malls etc.

No green code, the dice.  Other colors are yellow and red. Red means your fucked and if they catch you outside...jail time. Yellow means that you can go outside and walk around, but you cant enter public buildings like offices or malls.

Lots of security and volunteers to make sure things are smooth and everyone is still wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.  If you are seen without a mask, you will be given a couple free ones.  And hand sanitizer is at the entrance of almost every building. 

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

T minus 2 days until the gym re-opens.

Its going to be a slow start to get back into things after this 3 month lay off, but we will see how it goes. 

Will try and catch some pics of my new skinny fat status and Ill throw up my revised plan of attack.

Going to be interesting training with a mask on, lol. 

• Like 1

And we are back in the game.  104kg Covid-19 reset point. 

Todays food;

Meal 1:  2 scoops whey w/instant coffee, 3 caps fish oil, 1 extra spicey jinbing (like a really light breakfast burrito...google it lol)

Meal 2: 200g sweet potato, 200g baked chicken, 2 cups mixed steamed veggies, multi V, 2 caps fish oil

Meal 3: 10g EAA's, 1 medium apple, 2 caps calcium/magnesium 

Meal 4: 100g backed chicken, 1 tortilla, wasabi and lettuce 

Pre-workout: 1 scoop ASN Prophecy Sour Candy 

Intra Workout: 10g EAA's

Post Workout: 2 scoops whey

Post Workout Meal: 100g rice, 1 cup mixed steamed veg, 100g lean..ish pork

Todays workout;

Push A:

Leg Press (Sled Only) 1 x 100 (I need to grow my legs)

Incline Machine Bench 2 + 5 X 5

Seated DB Shoulder Press 2 + 3 X 8-10

Dips 3 X failure 

Crossovers 5 X 10-12 (TUT40)

Laying Try Extensions (behind head) 5 X 10-12

Lateral Raises 5 X 10-12

Its a 6km round trip walk to the gym, so that was my "cardio" for today. I do plan to reintroduce 20 min 3 x week post workout in a couple of weeks. 

"Supplements" are 175mg wk Test Cyp (2 shots), 100mg Anavar, 15mg MK677 (mixed in with my var), 12.5mg Aromasin on shot days (because Im fat and I keep wanting to squeeze my right nipple)

Health Supplements: Lots, see way back to first post.  

My goal right now is to see how my body reacts after such a long time out of the gym and mid level calories. I plan to track it for about a month and adjust as needed at that point. 

See if I can get some shots next gym session for a "physique" update. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GainTrain said:

Great log man. That’s awesome your back lifting. What’s 100 mg Anavar like? Tbh I’ve never used more than 20. Those pumps must be next level!

Only on day 2 of the 100mg, so only time will tell.  I should actually say more like 100mg +/- 15mg since I cap them myself, even though I would say I'm pretty pro at how I do it, you never know. Ill let you know what it feels like in about 5 or 6 days lol.

So I was wrong about needing 5 or 6 days to update on the VAR pump @GainTrain

Lower back felt like it was going to explode.

Workout was OK, although I did swap normal dead's for RDL.  Hella weak, everything feels heavy. I mean my RDL's were 2 plates a side with good control. 

Gym is pretty much empty, so that is nice (people are still all anti-covid fear mode) 

Workout: Pull A

Deadlift 2 + 5 X 5 (I subbed in RDL's)

Deadlift 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Chins or Pulldowns 3 X 8-10

Chest Support Rows 3 X 8-10

Shrugs 5 X 10-12

Cheat Curls 5 X 8-10

Reverse Fly 5 X 8-10

Diet: Decent 

Meal 1:  2 scoops whey w/instant coffee, 3 caps fish oil, 1 cup steamed rice w/ a little sea salt. 

Meal 2: 100g streamed rice, 200g baked chicken, 2 cups mixed steamed veggies, multi V, 2 caps fish oil

Meal 4: 100g backed chicken, 2 tortilla, wasabi and mixed raw veggies 

Post Workout: 1.5 scoops whey

Post Workout Meal: 100g rice, 1 cup mixed steamed veg, 100g steamd fish. 

I will probably start to need to increase my protein levels a little. Only sitting around 180-200g right now unless you count the EAA's.

Really hoping I see some recomp this month from muscle memory, water loss and god willing, some fat loss. If the situation with Covid improves I might actually be able to get home to Canada in late June or early July and then I can look at picking up some of the goodies sitting at home and planning my little blast out for early fall (also assuming I'm not such a fat ass anymore)  

• Like 1

Triple Tap Update:

Friday was Legs; 

Leg Press 5 X 3-5

Sumo Deadlift 3 X 8-10

Single Leg Hip Thrust 3 X 15

Walking Barbell Lunges 5 X 10 per side ( I might hurl) 

Extensions 5 X 10-12 (TUT40)

Hanging Ab Raises 3 X Failure 

Saturday was a rest day aside from some stretching. Give my aching body and my pride some time to recover. Both are hurting pretty bad lol. 

Sunday was Push;

Leg Press (Sled Only) 1 x 100

Overhead Press 5 X 5

Overhead Press 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Incline DB Bench 3 X 8-10

Close Grip Bench Push 3 X Failure 

Landmine Press 5 X 8-10 or Cable Crossovers (multi level) 5 X 8-10

Laying Extensions (Arms Back) 5 X 8-10

Standing Laterals 5 X 10-12

Monday was Pull;

Romanian Deadlift 5 X 5

RDL 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

V Pull Down 3 X 8-10

Pull Downs 3 X 8-10

1 Arm Row 5 X 8-10

Hammer Curl 5 X 8-10

Seated Back Fly 5 X 10-12

Diet has been pretty spot on except for Sunday. I did have a nice cold beer and a bowel of noodles lol.

Otherwise still on with;

Meal 1:  2 scoops whey w/instant coffee, 3 caps fish oil, 1 large banana  

Meal 2: 200g streamed sweet potato, 200g baked chicken, 2 cups mixed steamed veggies, multi V, 2 caps fish oil

Meal 4: 100g backed chicken, 2 tortilla, wasabi and mixed salad (dry style)...

Post Workout Meal: 100g rice, 1 cup mixed steamed veg, 100g baked chicken

Weight, here is the odd thing, I was 104kg when I got back into this, and as of today AM I am 108.5kg...that's 4.5kg in a week.  So there must be some water retention just not sure what the cause is unless my Var is actually DBol lol. Feeling solid in the gym though and great pumps with some good viens in the only place that is not really fat...my arms.

Tonight is legs, and squats should be interesting. Really want to focus on my leg development over the next few months. 

Random input request;

Given that I am not running proviron as I normally would with TRT given the current anavar usage, and with my test at 175mg a week, what are your thoughts about testing the waters with some low dose mast-e in mix at say equal parts to the test.  So 175/175 wk.  

My plan was to start a blast soon but with everything going on my re-comp has been reset to base level so I am probably looking at 6 months of re-comp and at least 3-4 months before I can get back to Canada and pick up my more interesting goodies to run an actual blast. (and no, Im not planning on running the var for 6 months straight lol) 

Update: 

Legs workout was good. Passed out after a set of squats. Just cant pull enough air through these damn masks. 

Odd part is the DOM's started kicking in within 5-6 hours. I woke up sore in the middle of the night. 

Tuesday Workout;

Leg Press 1 x 100 (just the sled)

Squats 5 X 5

Squats 1 X failure (30% 1RM)

Leg Press 3 X 8-10

Single Leg Press 3 x 10-12

Barbell Hypers 5 X 10-15 (back pump post squats in this was crippling)

Leg Curls 5 X 8-10

Calf Press 5 X 8-10

Diet;

Meal 1:  2 scoops whey w/instant coffee +10g fiber, 3 caps fish oil, 1 Jianbing w/ 2 eggs

Meal 2: 150g rice, 200g baked chicken, 2 cups mixed steamed veggies, multi V, 2 caps fish oil

Meal 4: 100g backed chicken, 2 tortilla, wasabi. No greens todays.

Post Workout Meal: 100g rice, 1 cup mixed steamed veg, 150g ribs

Wednesday was a rest day. Diet was the same as above except 1 wrap, not 2. And ribs were swapped out of 2 eggs. 

Supplements and "supplements" still the same. And almost zero niacin flush at 500mg empty stomach now. 

Weight: 109.2kg. Dont know what is going on there. Going to keep doing what I am and see where I stabilize as I actually think Im looking leaner? I could also be blind/drunk or something.

Sleep has been brutal the last two nights getting only about 3-4 hours each night. 

Push workout coming up tonight.