Ryu's Lean Up Log

Ryujiin

13 minutes ago, a_ahmed said:

Dude you are not 25% bf wtf are you smoking? lol Also I take it you are a tall dude?

So your thinking more in the 26-27% range? 😛

I just over 6'2...so not crazy tall by any means. Future photos will line up with the last one. The move really messed up the consistency of the shots (new mirror size, bigger bathroom, completely different lighting, etc) I may also have to turn up the resolution on my camera. 

The only proof I have that I am leaner now than at the start of the month is the extra veins including the one you can kinda see in my shoulder. 

You are definitely making progress; even if it is slower than you would like.

Are you still having trouble getting more meat in your plan? I see quite a bit of whey still and I believe lean meats would serve you better, atleast in the TEF concept. 

I'm just starting to follow your journey here, I will read a bit more indepth later when I am not soaked and near sweat blind mid morning cardio 😅

Keep it up. 

13 hours ago, Jthewolfk said:

Are you still having trouble getting more meat in your plan? I see quite a bit of whey still and I believe lean meats would serve you better, atleast in the TEF concept. 

On occasion I get a little crazy and swap out my apple and shake for another chicken wrap lol. But that's about it.  I do need to start adding more veg into the wraps though as the last little bit they have literally just been chicken, wrap, mustard lol. 

I figure its taking my longer as I have been kinda fat for a long time, so my body does not know what lean is. That or life stuff causing my diet to slip a little and a lack of solid cardio. I was hoping to hit 15% with a little cardio so if I do decide to ever see if I can get below 15% I have room to add in some extra cardio time. I figure I have about 20lbs to go or so. 

I do think I need to switch things up a bit soon as my weight has seemed to stabilize.  

What kills me is I see posts on other boards where guys are like "dude, I just dropped 10% bodyfat in 6 weeks cause I crushin the Tren and Clen protocol" lol

Not so much an update...as an update.

Tonight's planned workout: Legs

Hip Abduction 2 x 10-15

Hip Adduction 2 X 10-15

Single Leg Glute Bridge 2 x failure (bodyweight)

Leg Press (standard stance) 3 x 10-12

Sumo-Deadlift 3 x 10-12

Landmine Squat 3 x 10

Leg Curls 3 x 10-15

Leg Extensions 3 x 10-15

Diet is on point so far with previously posted. Slept like ass last night.  Really hoping to see the scale move a little this weekend on weight in. 

If not, bring on the topical DNP. 

tenor.gif

Weekend Weigh In: 105.3kg

Who knows. Nice pull workout coming up tonight. I do love training back. 

That is about it for now. Switched up the diet and subbed the apple and BCAA for another wrap w/100-150g chicken breast. 

Going to up the cardio a bit this week to see what happens. At this point, I would pretty much kill to hit 100kg flat by the end of this month.  

What can I say, its been a good week so far for the gym and diet. 

Its odd that I look like a monster in the gym, then I go home and I look like a bag of milk. Go figure.

Veins coming out in my shoulders that I never had before so that is interesting. Claves, shins, quads as well. Even a vein on the side of my ass. 

Lower stomach and moobs fat is pretty deflated now. Its nice, but I hope my skin pulls in nicely. Lower back fat and side fat is still pretty thick. 

Had a great leg workout yesterday, but the local snap chat crew (its not actually snap chat here, but you get the idea) took over the squat rack and smith, so I ended up doing heavy landmine squats that to my surprise, have my quads pretty sore today. New angles I guess. Got soaked on the way home as a typhoon was rolling through. Windows vibrating all night kept me up as well, so lots of caffeine in me. 

The itch to change something up is hitting me, but I am still trying to stay away from any "fat burners" for now as Im still pretty fat.  Always upon to suggestions. 

Going to add in some berberine and such next month (if it ever gets here) to see if that helps any. 

As always, I'm open to any and all advice from you bunch of jacked asses. 

From the pics I have seen looks like you are making great progress.  And you look like your getting in the 10 - 15% body fat percentage based on my experience going  through 5 competitions and getting around the 5% body fat range.  Just a few questions if you don't mine.  Are you planning on competing or just want to look better and get in great shape?  Were you thinking of getting some calipers to determine approx your body fat %,  I bought some off amazon however the mirror is your best guide and I liked the scale as well ... the scale me bring down my weight down in slower increments which helped maintain body muscle.   Are you taking a planned cheat day or meal through the week?  I read some of your threads and I agree with you if you are not competing I personally would not go on tren  unless you wanted to let loose in the gym and rip some real heavy weight lol.   I did not see much on your cardio sessions ... maybe I did not read well enuff, what are you doing in this regard?  Sincerely BT ... (Keep motivated, post your end goals on a sticky on your refrigerator and look at them every time you go to the fridge ... helped me) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BloodThirster said:

And you look like your getting in the 10 - 15% body fat percentage based on my experience going  through 5 competitions and getting around the 5% body fat range.  Just a few questions if you don't mine. 

Are you planning on competing or just want to look better and get in great shape? 

Were you thinking of getting some calipers to determine approx your body fat %

Are you taking a planned cheat day or meal through the week? 

I did not see much on your cardio sessions ... maybe I did not read well enuff, what are you doing in this regard? 

Hey man, thanks for the feedback and I wish I was in the 10-15% range lol. My goals are aesthetic with a side of health and I did pick up some calipers, but they are cheap and to be honest, I am shit at using them. 

I actually don't have a planned cheat meal as I like to leave that slot open for when life happens and I end up at a Hogendas or something lol. It does happen at least once every 2 weeks that's for sure. 

Cardio is a tricky one for me as I don't even get much time to do my lifting sessions when I am at the gym as of late. I do get in 2-3 20-45min sessions a week but I wish it was more. I do walk a lot (10K+ steps a day) 

I tried to tighten things up a bit this week so I am hoping the scale reflects that this weekend when jump on that little guy. 

The irony of this journey was I started out with just wanting to lean up...a lot, but have ended up also putting on some size and that I can not complain about at all. 

Great log!  Life does happen to all of us and knocks us down, but getting back up is what matters and makes you stronger, mentally, emotionally and physically.   

you’re filling out while getting leaner at the same time man, you seem determined and on a good regimen this far.  Don’t you worry about that belly skin, it is a reminder of where you were and how far you have come.  And personally, my favorite people to train are the ones that have those battle scars.  It is much more impressive to go from over weight to jacked and shredded than it is for the skinny guy to go from 150lbs to 200lbs.  Not hating on the skinny guys, that’s just my opinion.  

the loose skin will be there for a while, which you really don’t have a terrible amount of, but the longer you stay lean, the skin will tighten and that subconscious fat that is under it will disappear and it won’t be nearly as noticeable.

solid log bro!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

Hey man, thanks for the feedback and I wish I was in the 10-15% range lol. My goals are aesthetic with a side of health and I did pick up some calipers, but they are cheap and to be honest, I am shit at using them. 

I actually don't have a planned cheat meal as I like to leave that slot open for when life happens and I end up at a Hogendas or something lol. It does happen at least once every 2 weeks that's for sure. 

Cardio is a tricky one for me as I don't even get much time to do my lifting sessions when I am at the gym as of late. I do get in 2-3 20-45min sessions a week but I wish it was more. I do walk a lot (10K+ steps a day) 

I tried to tighten things up a bit this week so I am hoping the scale reflects that this weekend when jump on that little guy. 

The irony of this journey was I started out with just wanting to lean up...a lot, but have ended up also putting on some size and that I can not complain about at all. 

Keep doing what your doing if it is working for you.  And it is a journey (marathon) not a race to manage weight and maintain/build muscle.  The rewards are there for the long run once you get to your optimal weight.  My optimal weight is 235- 240 ... I am 255 now,  and when I get to my optimal  I feel so much better.  I  am less sluggish have more energy, get more done, seem to be more relaxed and overall happy.  When I start getting close to 270 all those benefits go away as I have to dive boom to tie my shoes, work hard to wipe my ass,  also dragging my ass all the time and feel generally worn out.  And it is good to here you are putting on a little size ... women like that and it feels real good as well too.  I removed the majority of high glycemic foods from my diet 2 weeks ago and have lost a lot of water weight ... down from 265  cause I was starting to feel crappy ... I have a ways to go as the next 15 to 20 will be tougher, and once I reach there I will relax. It's all about getting up in the morning and do those things that get u there.  I will be watching your progress.  keep it up  ... it will motivate me to meet my goals as well.  cheers BT

Quick Update;

Weekend turned into a bit of a carb fest.  Nothing crazy but there was a thin crust pizza, a beer, an ice cream, well you get the idea. 

Anyway, I looked pretty good in the mirror that night from being filled in but I know better. The pump during yesterdays workout was just too dirty, to the point I could not really bend my arms. It also made going heavy pretty impossible so I ended up doing very controlled and focused reps on all my exercises and in turn, I am actually a little sore today. Nice change. 

Plugged my food from yesterday into my fitness pal, and Im surprised how low my cals are. I would say there is probably a miscalculation there of around 200cals at least and i should be just above 2000.  Not a lot given my current weight of 107kg (235lbs)

Also did a little yoga and glute work with the wife last night at home. My ass is killing me today. 

With all the guys running logs and putting on size, I really am itching to get to the point were I am ready to start upping my carbs and begin a more intense recomp blast; probably in the new year...

For now, that plan looks like: (all long ester)

Test 250mg/wk

Mast 500mg/wk

Tren 200mg/wk (via seeing what @a_ahmed and @Talon have been reporting for recomp effect) 

Tdrol (Tbol/Superdrol mix) 2caps/ed (wk 1-4)

Here are the macros and calorie breakdown;

WeChat Image_20200811094947.jpg

WeChat Image_20200811095012.jpg

On 8/6/2020 at 12:17 AM, Ryujiin said:

What can I say, its been a good week so far for the gym and diet. 

Its odd that I look like a monster in the gym, then I go home and I look like a bag of milk. Go figure.

Veins coming out in my shoulders that I never had before so that is interesting. Claves, shins, quads as well. Even a vein on the side of my ass. 

Lower stomach and moobs fat is pretty deflated now. Its nice, but I hope my skin pulls in nicely. Lower back fat and side fat is still pretty thick. 

Had a great leg workout yesterday, but the local snap chat crew (its not actually snap chat here, but you get the idea) took over the squat rack and smith, so I ended up doing heavy landmine squats that to my surprise, have my quads pretty sore today. New angles I guess. Got soaked on the way home as a typhoon was rolling through. Windows vibrating all night kept me up as well, so lots of caffeine in me. 

The itch to change something up is hitting me, but I am still trying to stay away from any "fat burners" for now as Im still pretty fat.  Always upon to suggestions. 

Going to add in some berberine and such next month (if it ever gets here) to see if that helps any. 

As always, I'm open to any and all advice from you bunch of jacked asses. 

Haha, gotta love that gym lighting bro!   I’ll hit the gym and see all my veins and angles and muscle separations what have you, just to get home, get ready for a shower and check the guns out in the mirror just to be like. WTF.   We all need gym lighting at home, it makes everything looks better!

02E46668-63C1-43E1-8F82-62754103D5DC.png

Edited by Mikk0090
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Micro Update:

Weighed in at 108.5kg on Sunday AM.  I am not sure as to why my weight is climbing yet but I imagine it is due to the extra carb intake over the week but the edit to my diet (dropped the EAA/Apple and swapped to 100g Chicken + Wheat Wrap) but, 2 days I had an extra wrap in there instead of just one. All in all I still feel like I am leaning out more, albeit as you know very slowly. I tried a new back workout Friday night and as of typing this I am still hella sore. In all honesty the workout was pretty simple but I did throw in a lot of "intensity enhancers" as the Mountain Dog would day.  Not super heavy, but a lot of focus and control with a solid squeeze on each rep.  Did a 5km run last night with the wife, but my running shoes died and I ended up doing it in my Metcons, and I dont recommend that. 

I have a leg workout scheduled for tonight as I continue the fight to add size to my legs while removing it from the l-handles and moobies.  Diet will not be altered any this week from last. I will be trying to go running with wife at least two nights this week to see what that does if anything. Its hot and humid as fuk here, so breathing is fun. 

• Like 1

Nano-update:

Weighed in at 210.5kg Saturday AM.  So my weight is still climbing with the diet modification. I guess my body is liking the extra carbs and the little extra protein, I hope. 

I have been really trying to get my legs to catch up but my knees have been just killing me somedays.  Im hoping that the higher rep/intensity format I have been trying helps out (via Mountain Dog).

Just picked up some running shoes, so Ill be trying to get in 3-5km 3 nights a week. Light job, again, knees. 

I am going to throw in a 100 rep set of leg press back into each workout as my warm-up. I found that was really helping. 

No major diet changes planned for this week: 

Diet is currently sitting at:

AM: 1 cap curcumin, 1 cap cranberry, 1 cap VC, 1 baby aspirin, 1 cap NAC, 4 caps astragalus, 1 cap Q10, 1 cap (50mg) proviron, 1 cap Niacin 

Meal 1: 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, Multi V, 5000IU VD

Meal 2: 200-300g veg, 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, 100g meat (random) and sometimes 100-200g rice depending on how I'm feeling (my lunches are provided at work)

Meal 3: 100-150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow), some kind of green leady stuff, diet coke fiber+  

Meal 4: 100-150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow), some kind of green leafy stuff, diet sprite fiber+ 

Pre-Workout: 1 serving ANS Prophecy 

Post-Workout: 1.5 servings whey

Meal 5: 150-200g veg, 100-150g meat (random), 100-150g rice (optional) 

I know, I should drop the diet soda, buts its like desert and it has 7g of fiber per...so, thats my excuse for now. 

End of month is rolling around, so updated pics coming soon. Giggles. 

Looking good bro.  I’ve got the same issues with the knees.  I’m a big believer in high volume leg press to add mass onto those quads and hammies.  Easier on the joints.   When I’m dryer I opt for hack squat instead of normal squats because of knees, heavy weight, slowly down, and explode up.

thats a lot of whey bro, having any bloating issues with it?  Your body can only absorb so much protein at a time, especially whey.  A lot of guys don’t like casein, but the good stuff is super thick, and can be made into a pudding.  Fills you up, and slower absorption.   I know if I go crazy on the whey, I get bloated and gassy.   Just a thought.  

I also find nothing wrong with diet sodas. People freak out about artificial sweetener, but then consume a fuck ton of processed foods.  Your diet is super clean, so drink away.  I drink the shit out of Coke Zero and diet AW cream soda.  Probably 2 20oz bottles a day.  

Edited by Mikk0090
  • Like 1

No issues with whey bloat or gas. I guess my body is used to it. 

I had thought about mixing it up and using casein 50/50 with the whey (1 scoop each) to slow things down a bit so I might give that a go next time I order some protein powder. 

I used to love a good omelet in the AM, but my mornings start at 5 now and I need to be a bullet train out the door so my first meal is normally at the office. On that note, I could pack a few hard boiled eggs or something for the AM.  Things to think about for sure.

Oh I get it man.  Sometimes I would just opt for a higher calorie protein bar in the morning if short on time.   I’m so burned out on eggs over the years that now I drink mine, rocky style!.   My wife gets all my protein.  She uses amazon pantry here in the states, where she has recurring auto orders for things like toilet paper, kids snacks, trash bags etc, I had her throw in my protein powders.  The more you spend on the recurring order, the higher the discount, so right now I’m getting 5lb jugs of vanilla ON whey for like $38 lol.  Can’t beat it.   For casein, I like ON chocolate.  Mix it in a little bit of low fat milk or almond milk til a pudding like consistency and it’s almost like a little desert.    I’m not a big flavor guy, so I always opt for vanilla whey, it mixes well in smoothies, throw a scoop in some pancake or waffle mix.  When I’m eating a higher carb diet I’ll make oats, with a scoop of vanilla whey, a banana, and like a teaspoon of real maple syrup for a breakfast or snack.      I go through some whey too, but notice if it’s strictly shakes I will get super bloated and farts that rival roadkill baking in the sun.

for a leaning diet (not pre contest) I’ve learned over the years to mix it up from week to week to keep it new and interesting instead of the same old bland flavors for weeks on end.  Cycling carbs works great, higher carbs on big muscle group days, low carbs for smaller muscle groups.    I wrestled all through high school and college, so still have that old school mentality of cardio after workout to deplete glycogen stores.  

there’s a million ways to do it but keeping the brain happy is the hardest part.    I personally enjoy coach Greg doucette’s anabolic cookbook.   Great recipes for calorie dense foods for a diet.  I don’t agree with everything he preaches on YouTube, but I do love his recipes, especially if I’m craving a cheat meal but don’t want to blow the diet.

you seem to be making great progress.  How are the changes in the mirror?  Scale isn’t everything,  you could have hit the sweet spot of gaining lean muscle while losing fat which will keep the scale messing with your head lol.

4 hours ago, Mikk0090 said:

you seem to be making great progress.  How are the changes in the mirror?  Scale isn’t everything,  you could have hit the sweet spot of gaining lean muscle while losing fat which will keep the scale messing with your head lol.

The mirror says I am getting bigger and more veiny. Even in the AM when Im flat and dry. Couple veins in my shoulders and seeing them in my triceps now as well. 

I just wish the fat was coming off faster especially around my lower back/waist and of course around my chest. The more I lean out the more I do notice that I do have some crunchy fat deposits in my chest including a small lump just under and to the side of the my right nipple so I imagine that surgery might be in my future...one day. To be honest, given that its my understanding you cant actually destroy fat cells (only shrink them) that once I get lean enough I should actually consider a quick lipo session along with the gyno removal. Who knows. 

I would be insanely happy if I could have decently visible abs, some decently sized legs with some separation and my lower back/waist was just jiggly skin by next summer. 10 months and counting. 

That’s awesome progress, those small delt and tricep veins mean you are learning out quite well.   In my experience with training people that were overweight, it almost seems like they all hold on to that last bit of stomach and back fat, which can be the hardest to lose.   I’ve had a couple clients have success with a sort of contest prep for 8 weeks to REALLY shrink all of those fat cells.  That could be an option for you. It’s not as strict as a contest prep, but definitely a clean diet in a good deficit with lots of cardio to really target that last bit of fat.

i hold my fat in my lower stomach and upper back, when I’m contest prepping I’ll get glute striations before my upper back is ready.  It’s annoying and makes the prep more difficult.    

everyone holds on to fat in different places,  sometimes it takes the nitty gritty of a 1800 cal diet with sub 100 carbs to really clean it all up, it seems the older the fat deposits are, the harder they are to get rid of.

keep trucking along bro, you’ll get there!

Been slacking on the updates;

Diet: Not much change

Meal 1: 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, Multi V, 5000IU VD

Meal 2: 200-300g veg, 2 servings whey w/15g raw chia seeds, 2 EFA, 100g meat (random) and sometimes 100-200g rice depending on how I'm feeling (my lunches are provided at work)

Meal 3: 100-150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow), some kind of green leady stuff, diet coke fiber+  

Meal 4: 100-150g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat wrap, mustard (plain yellow), some kind of green leafy stuff, diet sprite fiber+ 

Pre-Workout: 1 serving ANS Prophecy 

Post-Workout: 1.5 servings whey

Meal 5: 150-200g veg, 100-150g meat (random), 100-150g rice (optional) 

I do want to up my fiber intake so I just ordered a jug of inulin. I figure an additional 10-15g of fiber should do it. Meal 4, on leg days I have gone to 2 wraps as well as always eating the rice at lunch. 

Training: Still running a push/pull/legs split with runs in the PM (a few hours after the gym)

Last night was leg night but I was short on time.  Here is what it came out to:

Leg Extensions: Giant Set (single leg) 15kg x 50 per

Leg Curls: Giant Set 30kg x 50

Abduction Machine: Pyramid Set (half stack x 15, 3/4 stack x 15, full stack until my ass fell off)

Adduction Machine: Same as above, but my sack fell off. 

Leg Press (some ass was in the rack for a solid 45 min taking selfies) 50kg x 50, 100kg x 30, 150kg x 25, 200kg x 20, 250kg x 20/15/15/10.  I then dropped to 100kg and did 25 rep sets with 25 seconds rest until I could no long get 25 reps. 

Landmine Squat: 75kg x 15, 15, 10, 8

Sumo Deadlifts: 150kg x 15, 15, 15, 15

Leg Curls: 45kg x 15, 15, 13, 10, 9

Leg Extensions (single leg) 25kg  x 20, 20, 15, 14, 12, 60 second static 

Hyper Extensions (bodyweight) 3 x failure-ish

About 3 hours later I went for a run with the wife and hit just over 5km total. 

Pic updates:  This is this AM at 112.2kg. So a weight gain over the previous photos. Sorry as I still try to work out getting the lighting and pose consistent. I threw in a lazy vacuum pose so you can see the stretch mark, loose skin on my mid/lower stomach. Good times. I don't know if I see any improvement vs last month, and any decline. That shoulder vein though does make me feel kinda good. On that note, I am a little lost as to were to go to next. I did increase may calories a little this last month, so maybe I need to drop them back down a little this month. Small progress is still progress, but I am hoping to get more aggressive with it come the new year as far as diet and supplements (as that is when I am assuming I can get home and look at stocking up on some goods) 

As always, I appreciate the feedback. 

Image_20200901075442.jpg

Image_20200901075455.jpg

Image_20200901075459.jpg

Presentation1.jpg

• Like 2