Ryu's Lean Up Log

Ryujiin

Honestly, the banana and Kirkland soft chew post workout was something I read in Jeff Nippard's recomp book. So I just kind did it. The soft chew is like crack. 

Current cycle is test(e) and mast(e) at 250mg week and tren(e) at 200mg week.  Cleave of the ester and its not that much at all.  I have been running that for 10 weeks and just had a week off as I can not carry or pin anyplace but at home. 

My current health stack is almost overkill for those doses but at my age its better to be overly safe then run high BP or lipids lol. All my health markers have stayed pretty much baseline except my BP sometimes creeps a little up over 120 and no side effects other than very mild night sweats and borderline super perv mode libido. 

The goal was to run for 20 weeks then take a nice long break to hold and hopefully let my body adapt to a new BF setpoint instead of being so comfortable at a higher BF%. 

The temptation is not to go nuts, but to bump to 375mg of test and mast and 300 of tren and hold there to the end. Some of the doses I see guys doing who are way smaller than me just floors me. A friend of mine who competes told me I should be rolling at 600 test, 600 mast, and 300 tren, but I think my head would pop off at those doses. 

He also recommended I run 50 to 100mcg of T3 or 100-150mcg of T4, but I don't have access to T3 here and T4 to my understanding is pretty much useless...although I can get that OTC here. 

Just to reiterate, currently I am 114kg +/- (250lbs) at 6'3"

So not huge, but not small. Id be 280 if I had a leg sweep like @MrGains (something I am working on)

Just trying to hit 15% and make it my setpoint with some maintenance and then see if I can get into the 10-12% range before I turn 40 next year. 

Going to take scale numbers each day this week to track fluctuations.  Im also going to add two post weight training 20min cardio sessions in additional to my daily AM 45min walks. Probably tuesday and friday as after training legs Im too gassed to even walk properly let alone hit a stair climber or treadmill. 

Anyway, I dont want to post it up as I feel l look like shit, but here photos taken this AM, )after a week off from the gym and diet), post AM cario/walk, no food or pump.

Be gentle. I peg myself around 28% right now.  And yes, after 10 weeks, this is a pretty big improvement over my post no-trt rebound. 

As always, holding a pile of fat in the lower ab/back area. 

20210510105709.jpg

20210510105638.jpg

Side note; my "friend" who gave the advice on the "supplements" above also just advised that I tweak my diet to "simplify it" to the below (it would also be about a 300cal reduction):

Meal 0: 1Tbsp apple cider vinegar, half lemon (squeezed) mixed in 500ml water.

Meal 1: 50g oats w/ cinnamon & 2 servings whey, 50g frozen blue berries, 20g nut butter. 

Meal 2: 200g chicken breast, 250g zucchini, 20g NPB

Meal 3: (2 hours pre-workout) 50g oats w/ cinnamon & 2 servings whey, 50g frozen blue berries, 20g nut butter. 

Meal 4: (15-30min PW) 2 servings whey, 1 soft chew dark chocolate granola bar

Meal 5: (2-2.5 hours PW) 200g chicken breast, 150g white rice, 250g zucchini 

Thoughts? Or keep doing what I am doing?

Macros would look like:

20210510112016.jpg

20210510112007.jpg

Solid leg workout (quad focused) last night. Drenched in sweat after 1 working set lol. Pretty shaky walk to the bus station after. 

I wont be adjusting the diet this week to the new plan. The only change I will be implementing is the 2 x 20min cardio sessions to see what that does. If things move in the right direction I wont change anything until it stalls. Then I will either drop the post workout banana or add 1 more 20 min cardio session, etc. After about a month I will probably transition the the new diet if things stall out again. Less recomp focus now and more fat loss. 

That muscle is really starting to show. Veins are coming in and your shoulders are popping. You are definitely on track for your goal of bringing sexy to 40.

Your diet looks very clean. You could play with your carbs and fats ratios to see how you react. But if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

Have you thought of swapping compounds? It’s a good alternative to titrating up in dose. This is just my opinion, but 20 weeks on tren is a bit long. 

Keep it up man! Consistency is king. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrGains said:

Have you thought of swapping compounds? It’s a good alternative to titrating up in dose. This is just my opinion, but 20 weeks on tren is a bit long. 

20 weeks is long for sure, even at a lower dose. At one point I was thinking about going down to a generous (200mg) "TRT" dose and cruising for 6 weeks and then hitting a 12 week 600 test, 500 mast run with 50mg anadrol 2 weeks on 2 weeks off through it. 

Alot of things that sound like fun to be honest.

But at this point, as you said, if it aint broke, so I will ride it out to the end at the lower doses and see what I can do with more cardio and diet tweaks.

Use this 20 week run as a nice learning curve to dial it in for the next phase assuming my health markers dont go to shit or sides dont elevate. I have 9 months to reach my goal, so slow and steady.

As much as I would like to be lean for summer...given my current level I doubt its achievable without getting a little drastic and risking rebound (and given what happened previous, my body does rebound hard)

The next 6 weeks will all be weekly diet and cardio adjustments as warranted to see how my body responds. Daily weigh ins now as well and I will start to do bi-weekly pics (in theory). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrGains said:

That muscle is really starting to show. Veins are coming in and your shoulders are popping. You are definitely on track for your goal of bringing sexy to 40.

Thanks. Honestly, its hard to see it when looking at oneself. I feel small and fat most of the time lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ryujiin said:

Thanks. Honestly, its hard to see it when looking at oneself. I feel small and fat most of the time lol. 

LOL, I know bro. Me too. I think most of us only see our own flaws. 

Trust me. You look good. And if you keep up this consistency you’re gonna look amazing.

• Like 1

Wild pull workout last night, not in a good way. For some reason the forearm pumps last night were so bad that I was having trouble pulling anything even with straps lol. Nuts. 

Workout was all mixed up as well as the gym was slammed so machine order was pretty much what I could grab and when. 

20min post workout cardio also went well but man I was drenched after. Ringing out my shirt kinda drenched. 

Quick update on some things I have noticed change this week for reasons I have yet to fully compile. 

Pumps have been silly.  Forearm pumps, should pumps, lower back pumps...all to the point that they are affecting more training somewhat.  My push workout yesterday it was hard to get good chest activation after my first exercise as the should pumps where just so painful. 

I actually ended up doing some one-arm kettle bell floor chest press to really feel the muscles work after my post workout meal, just to make sure that I hit it solid enough. 

Also, I am hungry as fook this week and I'm not sure why as I have not changed anything yet. 

Other than the above, feeling really good. 

Hamstring focused leg workout coming up tonight. Going to be interesting. 

Great leg session last night. Still sweating like a mofo during though. I did lose about 10min of training time due to one of the trainers hitting on me, and Im not one to reject a good pass attempt at the moment. 

Side note, hunger is getting a silly. No reason why that I can think of, but fml I go to bed dreaming about breakfast. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

I did lose about 10min of training time due to one of the trainers hitting on me, and Im not one to reject a good pass attempt at the moment. 

Ha ha ha, got the fit chicks after you huh? Hmmm... maybe she’s up for a cardio session with you? 👉👌

• Haha 1

If you’re in a deficit the hunger is your body telling you it wants to grow but your diet is saying fuck off gainz.  

pumps.  Any changes in water intake?  Electrolyte changes?  Pre workout carbs change?  Insulin sensitivity?  Pre workouts? Orals?

That stack will give me some insane pumps,  just strap up on pull days to keep the arms out of it.  But for those achy shoulder pumps, lower back pump, and for me shin splints.   Either gotta work through it or take breaks lol.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, Mikk0090 said:

Any changes in water intake?  Electrolyte changes?  Pre workout carbs change?  Insulin sensitivity?  Pre workouts? Orals?

Thats why I found it odd. No changes, nadda. Same pre-workout as always. Something must have been tweaked internally though. 

So I tracked my weight each day last week from Monday:

111.7kg, 111.6kg, 110.8kg, 111.5kg, 111.5kg, 110.7kg, 110.8kg

Some pretty interesting fluctuations in there, but almost a full KG over the week, so that is tracking right, assuming the numbers follow the trend over this week.  

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, that the diet will be tweaked this week, but calories will only be dropped by around 150 or so. Keeping two post training cardio sessions and all Am sessions. No other changes. 

Meal 0: 1Tbsp apple cider vinegar, half lemon (squeezed) mixed in 500ml water.

Meal 1: 50g oats w/ cinnamon & 2 servings whey, 50g frozen blue berries, 20g nut butter, sprinkle of pink hima salt. 

Meal 2: 200g chicken breast, 250g zucchini, 20g NPB

Meal 3: Same as Meal 1. 

Meal 4: (15-30min PW) 2 servings whey, 1 soft chew dark chocolate granola bar

Meal 5: (2-2.5 hours PW) 200g chicken breast, 150-200g white rice, 200g zucchini (or alternative vegetable/fiber source)

Also picked up a case of raspberry diet pepsi for when I "need" it. Stuff is amazing. 

Will see what happens this week and adjust based on my body's feedback. I dont want to drop to much to fast and slam into a wall where I have no place left to go. 

5 more weeks on this current training split and then I need to refresh so I will start working on that layout soon. 

Have a couple John Meadows programs and well as the Sayin Power Building program on hand I am considering, assuming I can handle the volume.  Still dreaming about growing my legs more.  

• Like 1

One kilo per week is absolutely perfect for weight loss bro. I wouldn’t change a thing till that stalls, especially with the pumps you are getting. But you’re eager, I get it.

You’ll be very happy with Meadows programs! I’m a huge advocate of his training philosophies. 
I have some interesting leg growth techniques if you’re ever interested. 

Love the log bro, your enthusiasm and work ethic are commendable and yielding solid results. Keep killin’ it!!

14 minutes ago, MrGains said:

I have some interesting leg growth techniques if you’re ever interested. 

Share away man.  If I had half the quad development you do I would be proudly wearing some nice fitted shorts lol. 

Even in a deficit my legs have been improving, and I doubt I will have the chance to lean bulk anytime soon unless my bodyfat magically drops to sub 15% lol.