I know some don't care, but it's importing that you do and a VPN is very importing .

For some reason we all use encrypted email providers but most of you don't even hid your IP why.

am not saying you need a VPN to log on the forum but at least to log in your encrypted email provider if not TOR is also a good option or better ( just a little slow )

better be safe then sorry .

Edited by biglove

1 hour ago, biglove said:

I know some don't care, but it's importing that you do and a VPN is very importing .

For some reason we all use encrypted email providers but most of you don't even hid your IP why.

am not saying you need a VPN to log on the forum but at least to log in your encrypted email provider if not TOR is also a good option or better ( just a little slow )

better be safe then sorry .

Totally agree, thanks for the post 

15 hours ago, PowerUp said:

Currently using Windscribe free version gives like 10GB data a month free to use until it runs out.

Not to be rude, but if you think that a free VPN will protect you then your wrong.

You need to pay and you need to make sure your VPN is in the right country and not the wrong one .

• Like 1

I’ve been using IPvanish for years. I’ve....pirated stuff before, and never had a problem. 11$/month (can also be used on your phone)

• Like 1

If I was the NSA, or the government I will make a free VPN that is the best way to know what ppl do! please do yourself a favour pay for a good VPN Tunnel Bear from Toronto is one of the good one! 

cheers

Jet

What to look for in a VPN provider?

1) country where the VPN provider is based in

First and foremost, DO NOT use any VPN provider based in established countries, especially the country you reside in. CAN and US governments have the ability to request information from VPN providers if they suspect illegal activities. Pick a VPN provider in countries like Panama.

2) Retention policy of VPN activity logs

Pick a VPN provider that explicitly states they don't log VPN connections or activities, and are well reviewed to be following the practice. We use VPN to hide our tracks and our activities, NO LOGGING should be done on our VPN connections

3) Don't trust free VPN services, always go with well reviewed paid VPN

Keep in mind there is no free lunch in this world. Free VPN service is good, but they are often based in CAN or US, and are probably logging your VPN activities for marketing purposes. That's how they make their money back, selling your surfing activity data and throwing you endless amount of advertising. Also keep in mind that all your Internet traffic go through the VPN provider, and you ,by installing the VPN ,are implicitly trusting the VPN provider encryption/decryption service. This means they can intercept and look at all your internet traffic in plain text; and possibly your secured HTTPS traffic (ie, banking, gmail, facebook), if they choose to perform SSL decryption on you. So be careful what you do in the VPN and how you do it. It is not a "one button clean it all" service.

One VPN provider that I would recommend is NordVPN. Reasonable price, based in Panama (out of reach from US NSA and CAN CSIS), and has been well reviewed, and does not log VPN connections. NordVPN also gives you Onion over VPN to further hide your activites. If you run TOR over VPN, you're pretty safe from that point on.

Keep Calm and Surf On!

Edited by Alpha_Muscle
Added content

17 minutes ago, JustMe said:

Even if you use the best VPN, the real external and internal IPs are still being leaked by most of the browsers by the WebRTC. Read more about this here: https://nordvpn.com/blog/webrtc/

It's good if you also configure some settings in about:config to make sure your browser is more safe .

How to disable WebRTC in Firefox?

In short: Set "media.peerconnection.enabled" to "false" in "about:config".

Explained:

1. Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
  2. Press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"
  3. Search for "media.peerconnection.enabled"
  4. Double click the entry, the column "Value" should now be "false"
  5. Done. Do the WebRTC leak test again.

If you want to make sure every single WebRTC related setting is really disabled change these settings:

1. media.peerconnection.turn.disable = true
  2. media.peerconnection.use_document_iceservers = false
  3. media.peerconnection.video.enabled = false
  4. media.peerconnection.identity.timeout = 1

Now you can be 100% sure WebRTC is disabled.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, JustMe said:

Even if you use the best VPN, the real external and internal IPs are still being leaked by most of the browsers by the WebRTC. Read more about this here: https://nordvpn.com/blog/webrtc/

Very good, we have good skill on this forum.

This is the part where I would introduce a Tor browser on top of the VPN - cut out the scripts and the WebRTC

On 8/26/2019 at 4:03 PM, Alpha_Muscle said:

Very good, we have good skill on this forum.

This is the part where I would introduce a Tor browser on top of the VPN - cut out the scripts and the WebRTC

Tor browser over vpn  it will take you forever to even make one post, u better be patience as things are slow.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, Jake said:

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Probably the best, easiest, and cheapest VPN out there. Use it for my whole home and it works like a charm, would highly recommend.

PIA has a good feature set and solid performance however there is 1 issue that would preclude me from ever using them. They are based in the US. Regardless of their no log policy the fact that they are based in the US opens them up to government oversight and when push comes to shove, if the US gov wants the info PIA will have to cough it up. That alone is reason not to use them.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, JustMe said:

If you look closely you'll see that the majority of the noise being made over  WebRTC is being made by VPN providers and is really nothing more than a marketing strategy to tout their feature set that will "guard you" against the so-called vulnerabilities introduced by WebRTC. The fact of the matter is that as a protocol WebRTC is encrypted, end to end, only works in secure sites (think https) and regardless of whatever else happens, any data transferring back and forth is encrypted and remains so. A fundemental part of the implementation protocols for developers is that they must maintain the integrity of the encryption in whatever implementation they are using the protocol in. Like anything that gets developed, people make mistakes, ommisions etc, but browsers are the #1 implementation  for WebRTC and they are also pretty much the fastest to patch things as they pop up.

All in all it was a giant scare tactic used by VPN providers to lure customers to their services vs perhaps another provider who wasnt making noise or just to make themselves look like they are cutting edge lol. On the surface it definitely looks like a valid concern and it wasn't until I noticed who was mostly making all of the noise that I decided to look deeper into it and suss out what the real story was.