Easier blood work

Blitz

I know a lot of us have challenges getting blood work in Canada and are always looking for an easier way. There is an app/website called Maple, it connects you with a doctor for $49 and they can order any lab tests you want. You get a PDF of the req, take it to any lab and it gets uploaded. I'm Ontario at least if you are under 40 OHIP does not classify blood work as a medical necessity so you just have to give the doctor a reason. I said I took exogenous testosterone and want to make sure everything is good, however he said if you were starting or stopping a supplement, starting or stopping a medication or using hormones are all legit reasons.

I got the lab req on Friday and just went to get my blood drawn this morning. I requested Glucose, hbA1C, creatinine, sodium, potassium, alt, potassium, ALT, alk. Phosphatase, bilirubin, lipid assessment, urinalysis, CBC, TSH, free T3 and T4, calcium, chloride, AST, CRP, PSA, SHBG, Estradiol, free testosterone and total testosterone.

$49 is well worth it not to sit in my doctor's waiting room for an hour just to be turned down or have them refuse some of the tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MaskedMisery said:

Do you know how long it takes before you get the results from the blood work? This is very interesting, doctor's can be a pain in the ass sometimes. 50$ is not much.

They said as soon as the lab faxes the results to the doc they will upload. I'd imagine 2-3 business days. I can report back, I have new years right smack dab in the middle however.

24 minutes ago, Musclet1 said:

I had a doc blood req from ont, and they would not process in Nb because certain test required an endo to approve. Was frustrated as hell. They only processed common blood test, no male hormone test. 

So on Maple they pair you with a doctor in your province ask you'll be able to get someone from NB. Or are you saying this happened in Maple?

Edited by Blitz

8 hours ago, Monkey said:

The lab doesn't put  the  results online, so u can see it yourself on ur account,  in BC it's lifelabs that's covered by map and you have access to your results. 

Individual labs will upload online, I went to dynacore which charges a fee for online access. It all gets posted in the app by Maple included in the consultation fee.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:33 PM, Blitz said:

I know a lot of us have challenges getting blood work in Canada and are always looking for an easier way. There is an app/website called Maple, it connects you with a doctor for $49 and they can order any lab tests you want. You get a PDF of the req, take it to any lab and it gets uploaded. I'm Ontario at least if you are under 40 OHIP does not classify blood work as a medical necessity so you just have to give the doctor a reason. I said I took exogenous testosterone and want to make sure everything is good, however he said if you were starting or stopping a supplement, starting or stopping a medication or using hormones are all legit reasons.

I got the lab req on Friday and just went to get my blood drawn this morning. I requested Glucose, hbA1C, creatinine, sodium, potassium, alt, potassium, ALT, alk. Phosphatase, bilirubin, lipid assessment, urinalysis, CBC, TSH, free T3 and T4, calcium, chloride, AST, CRP, PSA, SHBG, Estradiol, free testosterone and total testosterone.

$49 is well worth it not to sit in my doctor's waiting room for an hour just to be turned down or have them refuse some of the tests.

That's a great find and share. Thank you