Ever come clean to family doctor ?

Crazyguy

Yes ! You absolutely come clean to your family doctor , that’s the man/ woman that keeps you alive and healthy and orders tests , if you become sick he needs to know what he’s up against shouldn’t even be a question.

First time I told my family dr I was using she had no idea what I was talking about lol. Only thing he/she can do when you told them is help you with whatever you need man. They are not out there to judge you, I always think it's a good thing to talk about what you are using.

In my case I just asked her to see an endo, then I never saw her again haha, there are not specialized at all, but it can be a good way to get blood work fast if he/she understands

• Like 2

Yes, I’ve had regular bloodwork started before I used anything. And now he does all my on cycle bloodwork. No issues yet, aside from marginally high rbc which is normal for what I do. but he’ll tell me if my health is changing. Bloods, ultrasounds, ecg’s regularly at no cost...I’ll take it. It’s good to know. He’s never judged me. If anything he’s curious about what I’m doing. He’s actually a natural lifter.

Once he asked me where I get my test and I said black market he told me he’d feel better if I got it from him. So now I do. Trt anyway. He’s got the best juice💉😎

Last check up he asked me what it feels like to have the test levels of 5 men. He was genuinely curious. Lol, it feels good Doc. 

• Like 2

Bloodwork is a must, and definitely seeing a doctor and being honest is crucial, but it can be a pain dealing with some of the oldschool mentalities out there. If your doctor doesnt like it and makes a fuss, well hop on out and find a new one. Play a game of musical doctors until one doesn't spend the whole time trying to brow beat and push their own lack of knowledge on you.  Like its stated above, their job is to keep you alive and healthy, not push their beliefs, morals, and lack of understanding about the subject on you. Sadly most GPs don't exactly have a high level of knowledge about these things and tend to be more or less oblivious or ignorant. However, I've had good luck with being level with them and telling them that I appreciate their concerns and I will take advice based on bloodwork, scientific facts etc, but other than that I'm not interested in hearing their opinions.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:20 PM, eightyeight14 said:

Keep in mind disclosing this is the healthier and safer option but your doc may also drop you as well as insurance I’m pretty sure. I knew of a guy that kept trying to get bloodwork through his GP through insurance and he’s been dropped 2x now after a few tests go by.

Are you in Canada or US? Do you mean life insurance or medical insurance? You can't be dropped by OHIP/provincial medical insurance. Usually the only other coverage you have is a workplace plan but those don't require medical exam, also plan results aren't shared to workplace benefit insurers. Your doctor is not allowed to disclose what you discuss to insurance. They can say you have high bp and liver damage on a medical exam but can't say that you said you took steroids. Unless you're in the US I'd be hesitant to believe what your friend told you.

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

Are you in Canada or US? Do you mean life insurance or medical insurance? You can't be dropped by OHIP/provincial medical insurance. Usually the only other coverage you have is a workplace plan but those don't require medical exam, also plan results aren't shared to workplace benefit insurers. Your doctor is not allowed to disclose what you discuss to insurance. They can say you have high bp and liver damage on a medical exam but can't say that you said you took steroids. Unless you're in the US I'd be hesitant to believe what your friend told you.

I’m in the US, sorry i forget this is a Canadian forum lol. my comment prob doesn’t apply at all then.