First time questions

Crunchysock

I've enjoyed all the articles on here about home brewing. My question is for initial setup, what items would I need.

With the idea of making a 6 month supply or say a 200ml batch. What items would I need, and would make easier for large batches. I've read that syringe filters can be really slow and annoying. I've also read you can pick up hand pumps from stores that will streamline this. Keep in mind I'm having a hard time understanding how they all come together. Does anyone have a link to an automatic pump or setup I can referance so I know what would be needed.

I'm not looking to be an pro just want something streamlined that makes it easy with moderate to small cost. 

Thanks in advance.

That's what im using. He doesnt mention in his shopping list hand pumps, electric pumps or how all those fit together.

From what I've read one doesnt want to push 400ml through a syringe filter. Inhad planned to do it that way but after reading negative things about it I'm stumped on how the other methods work.

Just to be clear it's just the filtration processes I'm not sure on.