ElectricRocker

Larry wheels

He is one of those genetic elite lifters. Just strong AF!! So young so much potential to leave a real mark in powerlifting. Hope he stays injury free.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, WADA'sWorstNightmare said:

Well his 'strict' press is about as 'strict' as mine is... but god damn... Just god damn fucking impressive. 

What's he done in real competition? (not SPF)

Are you honestly questioning his strength? A strict shoulder press is one done without leg drive, which is what he did. His competition powerlifting numbers are insane, if you are honestly trying to downgrade his strength or question it then you better be one strong motherfucker and be able to out squat, bench, deadlift and total him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rhynoplanet said:

Are you honestly questioning his strength? A strict shoulder press is one done without leg drive, which is what he did. His competition powerlifting numbers are insane, if you are honestly trying to downgrade his strength or question it then you better be one strong motherfucker and be able to out squat, bench, deadlift and total him.

Re-read what i wrote. A STRICT press is done without leg drive, but also from a dead stop on the shoulders (as in, touching them). He unracked it high, and then used a small bounce reflex. I do the same (and yeah, i call mine 'strict' too... hence the quotations). No one's downgrading anyone here. 

I also asked what his competition numbers were.

Edited by WADA'sWorstNightmare

What does the fed matter? Nobody questions what feds for Konstantinov, Sarychev, Malanichev,Lillibredge, Benni, Thompson, Meeker.

2 hours ago, WADA'sWorstNightmare said:

In what fed?

In what fed?

In what fed?

The video I posted is USPA.

3 hours ago, K1Canada said:

The video I posted is USPA.

Excellent. Thats the most legit untested fed there is (its also the one i compete in). No one questions the feds for those other guys you mentioned because they are the baddest of the fucking bad. But there are a whole lot of SPF "world records" that people do question, as they should. Powerlifting as a sport has a lot of work to do, and it is because of these lolfeds that some guys insist on supporting.

If Wheels stays healthy he's gonna do a LOT of damage. That press is absurd. The benches and the pulls i've seen, but for a guy who looks like that (read: lean and mean) to do a standing press like that with that kind of weight... well just fuck me. 

• Like 1

I realize how ridiculous it is for me to give advice to Larry Wheels on his lifts BBBBUUUUUUT... He NEEDS to switch to hook grip.

With his poundages+his explosive style off the floor+mixed grip.  Hes just waiting to blow a bicep off the bone.

Hes a super smart guy...i dunno why he doesn't make the switch. Same with Pete Rubish...altho Pete has tried before and abandoned the idea just after pulling 650ish

On 11/1/2018 at 5:30 AM, Synyster said:

I realize how ridiculous it is for me to give advice to Larry Wheels on his lifts BBBBUUUUUUT... He NEEDS to switch to hook grip.

With his poundages+his explosive style off the floor+mixed grip.  Hes just waiting to blow a bicep off the bone.

Hes a super smart guy...i dunno why he doesn't make the switch. Same with Pete Rubish...altho Pete has tried before and abandoned the idea just after pulling 650ish

I'm not going to re-watch the videos to see his hand size, but that can have a lot to do with it. If he's got small hands that can put a serious limit on how far you can go with hook. I put massive dedication and work into switching to hook, as i've known forever its THE way to go... but i only got to 683lbs, and that was with a fairly quick down-signal. No way i could have held that 2 seconds. All the work i could devise and stand... just wouldn't get me near my deadlift. I ended up tearing both forearms on that 683 too, as i was simply unable to admit defeat on a sub-700 hook. I fought that WAY past the point i should have.

I've done a LOT of grip work, like, non-hook grip work since, and i'm going to make another very long, steady, run at it, but yeah, it just does not come easily to some. And i was an Olympic lifter!

Edit: Its crazy just how much hand size comes into play when deadlifts approach true elite. Coan had massive hands. Grip strength separates the men from the boys on deadlifts. Look at Eddie Hall, for all his absurd strength, i doubt he'll ever beat Benni's deadlift record, because he cant hold onto it. There are a LOT of 900lb pullers out there now, and yet, very few actually DOING meets... where the straps stay in the gym bag.

Edited by WADA'sWorstNightmare

On 10/19/2018 at 11:34 PM, OntarioDude said:

Larry continues to amaze me.  Not to mention his side, bodybuilding career project.  

I was wondering what his potential would be so far as bodybuilding is concerned?  He seems tall, anyone know how tall he is?

Best wishes to him and his career.

peace

Hog