TRT with no ai

Is anyone doing this successfully? My previous protocol was 200mg + 1mg adex wk divided in to doses every 3.5 days. Everything was ok except sub par wood. I was convinced to try the "no ai" route by some doctors in an online group and their many apparently successful disciples. So i switched to 150mg divided m/w/f and no ai. After 2 weeks my wood did improve but my sleep has gone to complete garbage. Can't get more than a couple hours a night without pharmaceutical assistance. I can't live not sleeping properly. I like the idea of keeping it simple and not using ai but not at the expense of sleep. Im thinking of going back to my previous protocol so that I can at least sleep and then SLOWLY reducing ai again to see if wood improves. Maybe I just need to find an ai sweetspot where wood and sleep are both good. Maybe going cold turkey off ai was a factor. Perhaps waiting longer than two weeks for thing to level out would help but I can't go on like this, I need sleep. Any thoughts appreciated. 

I'm taking 150mg test e a week (not divided) without ai now. But that's not the case when I first started around 6 years ago at a lower dose. Immediately my balls started to ache and my left nipple was constantly itchy. Doctor prescribed adex and it they disappeared quickly. But he was concerned about being on the meds to long and weened me of of them. Can't remember the exact time frame, but basically went from 1 mg to .5 and finally .25. and then none, and after I stopped, never had any reoccurrence. Now I can even do 500 a week and no ai needed. Not saying this will work for you because everyone is different, but just giving you my experience. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 2:14 PM, Nixter said:

Thanks guys. I think I just need to give myself more time to adjust. It's only been 2 weeks since dropping ai

A little more time might be a good idea just in case your are seeing some strange rebound effect or something from the adex.

If time does not balance it out I would recommend 25-50mg of Proviron but if I recall you are not a fan of DHT based items.

Aromasin at a low dose might also be something to try. Adex and Letro killed me in the past but I found with Aro I felt pretty good during my fertility recovery stint both when still on TRT and even when I came off fully. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 12:15 PM, Nixter said:

Is anyone doing this successfully? My previous protocol was 200mg + 1mg adex wk divided in to doses every 3.5 days. Everything was ok except sub par wood. I was convinced to try the "no ai" route by some doctors in an online group and their many apparently successful disciples. So i switched to 150mg divided m/w/f and no ai. After 2 weeks my wood did improve but my sleep has gone to complete garbage. Can't get more than a couple hours a night without pharmaceutical assistance. I can't live not sleeping properly. I like the idea of keeping it simple and not using ai but not at the expense of sleep. Im thinking of going back to my previous protocol so that I can at least sleep and then SLOWLY reducing ai again to see if wood improves. Maybe I just need to find an ai sweetspot where wood and sleep are both good. Maybe going cold turkey off ai was a factor. Perhaps waiting longer than two weeks for thing to level out would help but I can't go on like this, I need sleep. Any thoughts appreciated. 

I basically had the same symptoms as you. I was taking 250 test e divided in 2 shots/week and .25 adex eod. Now, on the advice of someone on here (don't remember who lol), I take 200 test e and 10mg nolva daily...wood is great and my cholesterol improved too!

Edited by LBJ

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, GainTrain said:

I’m curious too. Clinical studies show even 10mg nolva causes a drastic reduction in IGF-1 production.. Just so ya know.

Bro I was reading that 10mg nova reduce igf  only  10 ng/ml per night but replacing it over an AI on trt one can expect lot higher HDL,  better lipids 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Bro I was reading that 10mg nova reduce igf  only  10 ng/ml per night but replacing it over an AI on trt one can expect lot higher HDL,  better lipids 

The research I read was at 20mg and it resulted in significant loss of igf1. I haven’t seen any research at 10 mg, but I haven’t looked much.

interesng about Hdl and lipids.. I’ll read up on that. Good info.  I am aware of the negative effects of adex tho.

for myself I prefer to avoid all ancillaries and such. But to each his own of course.

Edited by GainTrain
  • Like 1