No Gym Training, No Equipment

Okay so let's discuss. For the 90% of us that are screwed without gyms or home gyms, for the next two weeks (and hopefully not longer) what to do?

Post away your body exercises. It's obvious pushups are easy for tricep and chest, what about back, shoulders, legs?

I am injured so I can't even do pushups which is a big fail.

No pull up bar or anything 😞

https://bodylastics.com/shop/

Anyone ever try these?

Not sure if this ships to Canada, anything local? Amazon seems to have this stuff sold out.

If they are stackable and sturdy then you can add weight and get the weight up and do some basic push pull movements and even crunches. Not ideal but could probably get some ab, bi, tri, chest, back and shoulder movements here n there

ahaha

im laughing but its sad, i dont have that kinda shit to do at home... cant find bands anywhere wtf... i ordered some pushup board with spots u can move around with attachments (shoulder, chest, tri, etc...) which aint gonna be that that helpful considering i have an injury...

Okay so far, ordered a strength band (heaviest one) that i found on amazon and now its sold out holy.. i may need some lower ones too but not sure yet...

Ordered some pushup plate thing not sure if i mentioned it...

Got some of my wife's hip bands (those short resistance bands).... and the extra heavy aint that heavy but eh i did some weird pussy squats and side hip movement thingamajigs.

Did some pushups every hour (still with injury it was hard) and hopefully thats a start...

Looking at some olympic tree setups for pullups... not sure the drill into the wall ones will last with my bodyweight and the drywall... or the door mount ones

Definitely a good time to tackle those lagging parts, rehab those in need, and improving mobility. 

We can also focus on time under tension via alternative tempo and challenging ourselves with varying bodyweight and creative exercises.  Right now IG is full of people capitalizing on this and posting them. AthleanX had a create short video on it  

well i got one strenght band on the way lol, i bought the last one in stock.

the pushup system hasnt shipped yet despite being "next day prime" so fuck i hope theyre not out of stock

THat's all i got so far, didnt get any bands for biceps/etc... yet... couldnt find high strength ones only girly ones...

I have an old standard ez bar and adjustable DBs with weight up to 270ish so I'm able to do quite a bit. No rack so it's not like I can load it all on for squats. But I also have a few bands, kettlebells and some heavy chains from my powerlifting days so I've been making up a lot of exercises.

I'd recommend people buy some bands if you can find them online. You can do almost anything with them.

4 hours ago, Carbone said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it. But you can do a lot with sand bags or a pack / rucksack filled with sandbags

This works for solid core work. We used to do bag body throws, shoulder carries, walking lunges with either heavy boxing bags or smaller sand bags when I was doing grappling. Although at this time of year, you would have to fill them with Canadian beach sand...ie; snow lol. 

• Like 1

Bands are versatile, inexpensive and can be used to add or decrease resistance. Wonderful tool to use when you cant get weights or enough weights. 

As well as you can utilize household things. Like folding chairs, rods, stairs, clothes and wood floor, door frames etc (dips, tricep dips, inverted row, incline or decline pushups, pull ups, sliding push ups, inverted bicep curls, slider lunge. Etc etc. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...