Barry Morewood

Movies you loved that were not very popular

Since many have more downtime at the moment and may enjoy a break from thinking about the current state of the world. I thought I would share some gems that were excellent (in my opinion) that many of you have not watched in hopes that you will share some with me to help zone out and calm my nerves.

The Imposter (2012)

www.imdb.com

The Imposter (2012) - IMDb

Directed by Bart Layton. With Adam O'Brian, Nicholas Barclay, Carey Gibson, Bryan Gibson. A documentary centered on a young man in Spain who claims to a grieving Texas family that he is their 16-year-old son who has been missing for 3 years.
www.imdb.com

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

www.imdb.com

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - IMDb

Directed by Colin Trevorrow. With Aubrey Plaza, Mark Duplass, Jake Johnson, Karan Soni. Three magazine employees head out on an assignment to interview a guy who placed a classified advertisement seeking a companion for time travel.
www.imdb.com

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. (2017)

www.imdb.com

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. (2017) - IMDb

Directed by Macon Blair. With Melanie Lynskey, Chris Doubek, Marilyn Faith Hickey, Jared Roylance. When a depressed woman is burgled, she finds a new sense of purpose by tracking down the thieves alongside her obnoxious neighbour. But they soon find themselves dangerously out of their depth...
www.imdb.com

Cane Toads: An Unnatural History (1988)

www.imdb.com

Cane Toads: An Unnatural History (1988) - IMDb

Directed by Mark Lewis. With Tip Byrne, H.W. Kerr, Glen Ingram, Bill Freeland. A documentary detailing the spread of Hawaiian sugar-cane toads through Australia in a botched effort to introduce them as counter pests.
www.imdb.com

Waydowntown (2000)

www.imdb.com

Waydowntown (2000) - IMDb

Directed by Gary Burns. With Fab Filippo, Don McKellar, Marya Delver, Gordon Currie. A group of young employees bet a month's salary, winner takes all, on who can last the longest without going outside.
www.imdb.com

Street Thief (2006) - IMDb

www.imdb.com

Street Thief (2006) - IMDb

Directed by Malik Bader. With Malik Bader, Wesley Walker, Frank Zieger, Beers Bill. The movie follows the life of Chicago burglar Kaspar Karr. Kaspar cases and robs stores. He counts up his score and a small interview follows where Kaspar introduces himself. He shows his expertise in social...
www.imdb.com

One I always think of that when it came out everyone paned it. Critics hated it. Was Death To Smoochy. With Danny deVito and Edward Norton. It’s super dark humour. Totally twisted. It’s fucking great if you’ve never seen it. (If you’re into that kind of thing...)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Barry Morewood said:

Going to check out Death to Smoochy tonight, sounds like my type of movie.  Thanks MuscleDummy

Hope you enjoyed it. I thought it was fucking hilarious. 

17 hours ago, Barry Morewood said:

Going to check out Death to Smoochy tonight, sounds like my type of movie.  Thanks MuscleDummy

I checked out that Safety not guaranteed. That was pretty good. 

Death to Smoochy was really good.  I remember Safety not Guaranteed being a bit of a slow starter but I have a huge crush on  Aubrey Plaza so that kept my attention.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Downloaded The Pacifier, I've been reflecting on the movie 12 Monkeys seems to be another relevant film to go along with 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks later and Contagion.

Favorite part of Kill Smoochy was the nazi rally "hail Smoochy" lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/

Edited by Barry Morewood
  • Like 1

Idiocracy, Clockwork Orange, and for a new release you should be able to grab Rise of Skywalker and Bloodshot torr...t as of now. 

• Like 1

Downloading Idiocracy now looks excellent, could not find anything but screeners of Bloodshot.  Clockwork Orange is a classic!   Anyone that has not seen it should.

Some TV if your interested is the Boondocks been watching that. It’s super hilarious. Pretty over the top. Think 3 or 4 seasons?

• Like 2

On 3/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, Ryujiin said:

Idiocracy, Clockwork Orange, and for a new release you should be able to grab Rise of Skywalker and Bloodshot torr...t as of now. 

Going to watch Bloodshot tonight found a good version as well as The Gentleman excellent movie I recommend it one of the best movies I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, Barry Morewood said:

Going to watch Bloodshot tonight found a good version as well as The Gentleman excellent movie I recommend it one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Nice. I just got my hands on a clean version as well, so its on the list to watch now. A good way to kill two hours at least outside of all the anime I have been watching lol. Grab "Uncut Gems" if you have not seen it. Solid solid movie. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed uncut Gems.  Just finished The Tiger King last night, super interesting and ridiculous, exotic animal owners are crazier than I could ever imagine.

Nice.  Did you check out "The Gentlemen" yet?  Heavy allstar cast. 

Also, 6 Underground, Code 8 and IP Man 4 if your up for it lol.

18 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

Nice.  Did you check out "The Gentlemen" yet?  Heavy allstar cast. 

Also, 6 Underground, Code 8 and IP Man 4 if your up for it lol.

I watched "The Gentleman" in the theater and it is up on my top ten movies of all time, Guy Ritchie is a genius. 

The Jacket with Adrain Brody and Kera Knightly. 
Frailty with Bill Paxton and Matthew McConehey. 
In The Mouth of Madness with Sam Neil. 
Waking Life with that kid from dazed and confused I don’t know his name. 

• Like 1