Gyms reopening

13 hours ago, Ryujiin said:

When you guys do get back into it, if they have mask rules in place, be careful. I have almost blacked out a few times now due to the air-restriction. 

Was wondering about this. Masks are a stupid idea for any sort of fitness related operation - just no.

Gentlemen, based off of Goodlife's corporate communication, going to the gym is gonna suck... a lot. Have to book gym time with an app in advance. Can only work out for one hour max. One workout a day. Need to keep distance and follow the arrows. And every hour the gym shuts down for cleaning for 30 minutes. 

I wish I lived in a house with a garage or basement... then I could build a home gym.

Mask are only mandatory if 2m distance can’t be kept, I think it was a good idea for goodlife not make the mask mandatory, reason, too many people touch their god dam mask and touch everything else, making all surface highly contaminated. I get it, mask are uncomfortable, I used to wear one at work for couple years.  I agree the one hour appointment will suck. Do you know if must gyms are going be running at reduce hours?

2 hours ago, Musclet1 said:

Mask are only mandatory if 2m distance can’t be kept, I think it was a good idea for goodlife not make the mask mandatory, reason, too many people touch their god dam mask and touch everything else, making all surface highly contaminated. I get it, mask are uncomfortable, I used to wear one at work for couple years.  I agree the one hour appointment will suck. Do you know if must gyms are going be running at reduce hours?

Are you speaking of a province? In Canada masks are not mandatory under any circumstance.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, Blitz said:

Are you speaking of a province? In Canada masks are not mandatory under any circumstance.

Sorry, this is up to each province , and if not stated by the province could be still recommended by the gym. So different rules apply to each province,. 2m rule may not apply to family and friends, each province different on group size and gatherings.  wait and see, 

Alberta gyms are allowed to open this Friday (12th). 2 m distance. But it’ll be up to each gym to decided if they’re gonna open on that date. Some here aren’t opening till next week. Heard good life is t gonna open till July 1st. 
haven’t heard anything from my gym. Hoping it’s at least next week...

The big ones may be as late as September opening. Or so some of the people I know who supply and sell equipment to them say. I sure hope not.

I know my friends who own PT gyms will be opening soon since they operate underthe 10 person limits, but ones like goodlife, la fitness, world gym and movati will have to wait for the next phase. 

• Sad 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, a_ahmed said:

Any updates on dates in ontario

This is from Fit4Less in Ontario...

Group 1: Monday, June 29

Northern Ontario & Eastern Ontario (including Ottawa)

Group 2: Monday, July 6

Southwestern Ontario (excluding Windsor, Chatham and Sarnia) 

Group 3: Monday, July 13

Golden Horseshoe (including GTA) & Southern Ontario

8 hours ago, LBJ said:

This is from Fit4Less in Ontario...

Group 1: Monday, June 29

Northern Ontario & Eastern Ontario (including Ottawa)

Group 2: Monday, July 6

Southwestern Ontario (excluding Windsor, Chatham and Sarnia) 

Group 3: Monday, July 13

Golden Horseshoe (including GTA) & Southern Ontario

GoodLife sent me an email with exact same schedule with the disclaimer that it was pending alignment with the provincial government

• 2 weeks later...

Goodlife gyms are open up in east coast, reduced hours. have to download app, book time, limit to. 1 hr workout, line up outside , go in.  Mornings, noon, and after supper busy. Overall not too bad set-up. When I go, the gym it is pretty much empty. Walk in’s are permitted if people fail to show up within 15 mins or the gym is not over book.  Sore as hell from working legs and chest. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:00 PM, a_ahmed said:

Any updates guys? Ain't looking good 😞

Goodlife, Fit4less, and a number of independent gyms are opening in the GTA on July 13th. Appointment basis only etc...

Just now, LBJ said:

Goodlife, Fit4less, and a number of independent gyms are opening in the GTA on July 13th. Appointment basis only etc...

They are still waiting on approval. Hard to say if they will allow it then. Govt is slowly going to open things like it did with phase 2, but they haven't announced exactly when yet.  I'm pragmatic and won't get my hopes up until its announced by Ford that phase 3 is in effect 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jthewolfk said:

They are still waiting on approval. Hard to say if they will allow it then. Govt is slowly going to open things like it did with phase 2, but they haven't announced exactly when yet.  I'm pragmatic and won't get my hopes up until its announced by Ford that phase 3 is in effect 

We will see the latest update today. Doubt they will mention gyms today. I went by my local fit4less and they were inside "preparing" lol. I'm lucky enough to have some equipment at home but can imagine what some people are going through....

GoodLife issued a statement that they can't move forward with the dates they communicated earlier as they haven't gotten the go ahead from the government in Ontario. I'm sure every other gym advertising reopening was piggy backing off GoodLife intel. Hopefully we get more info soon.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, Blitz said:

GoodLife issued a statement that they can't move forward with the dates they communicated earlier as they haven't gotten the go ahead from the government in Ontario. I'm sure every other gym advertising reopening was piggy backing off GoodLife intel. Hopefully we get more info soon.

Ya that's what I thought.. Well I just checked the stats and yesterday we had over 600 new infections while for a while we dropped and maintained 300~ new daily infections...but ppl going to malls and beaches and partying is gonna end up the same  effect as the US they're screwed. Dumb ass trump is not giving a damn but boom just like that Texas, Florida and Cali are back to going lock down mode.